IGNORED

Can I be the first to say... SC out!

asfred

What you said can't be interpreted any other way - you stated BR was publicly criticising the managers' tactics.

Are you back tracking on this now?

Well, we'll soon see if your interpretation was correct because, if so, he'll be no where near the squad next match.

And that would be the same outcome for any player, under any manager, at any club.

Undermining the manager will never be tolerated, anywhere.

Not a problem though because I'm in no doubt you've got this 100% wrong, and Bobby will in the squad against Forest.

Oh for crying out loud... I said Reid in his interview questioned the tactics used. He and pack alluded to it....as I've said over and over again.

Quote... 'when you have players like Reid coming out today and questioning the tactics....saying that we played too deep and that we invited them on to us.'

It's obvious him and Pack are speaking on behalf of the team as a unit, including the manager...that they got it wrong. Listen to the interview.

He's not undermining the manager at all....neither is Pack.

Not being funny....but you really do interpret things strangely.

It's like you want to create a them and us situation, rather than debate football.

'you said this...I said that...you'll be wrong... I'll be right'.....really? Bit childish don't you think?

Why can't you see we ****ed it up tactically in the second half...I really don't understand that....seriously?

Oh for crying out loud... I said Reid in his interview questioned the tactics used. He and pack alluded to it....as I've said over and over again.

Quote... 'when you have players like Reid coming out today and questioning the tactics....saying that we played too deep and that we invited them on to us.'

It's obvious him and Pack are speaking on behalf of the team as a unit, including the manager...that they got it wrong. Listen to the interview.

He's not undermining the manager at all....neither is Pack.

Not being funny....but you really do interpret things strangely.

It's like you want to create a them and us situation, rather than debate football.

'you said this...I said that...you'll be wrong... I'll be right'.....really? Bit childish don't you think?

Why can't you see we ****ed it up tactically in the second half...I really don't understand that....seriously?

You have indeed, and I've repeatedly responded that imo. you you have interpreted BR's words incorrectly.

Of course publicly criticising the managers' tactics would be undermining him, and be seen as unacceptable at any club in the land.

The 'they' referred to is most likely not the players AND SC ( you've added that from nowhere) but the players themselves, having spoken together in the dressing room, giving their view of what went wrong, and indeed taking some responsibility. That is all to their credit.

Nowhere is SC, or any instructed tactics to sit deep, mentioned or bemoaned.

What you claim above as 'obvious' is not obvious at all, as I keep on saying it is simply your interpretation of what was said, and an extremely unlikely one at that.

Rather than getting so animated, if you can't accept my argument perhaps you should just drop it.

You have indeed, and I've repeatedly responded that imo. you you have interpreted BR's words incorrectly.

Of course publicly criticising the managers' tactics would be undermining him, and be seen as unacceptable at any club in the land.

The 'they' referred to is most likely not the players AND SC ( you've added that from nowhere) but the players themselves, having spoken together in the dressing room, giving their view of what went wrong, and indeed taking some responsibility. That is all to their credit.

Nowhere is SC, or any instructed tactics to sit deep, mentioned or bemoaned.

What you claim above as 'obvious' is not obvious at all, as I keep on saying it is simply your interpretation of what was said, and an extremely unlikely one at that.

Rather than getting so animated, if you can't accept my argument perhaps you should just drop it.

So you actually believe, all the players set themselves up that way...and it wasn't SC instruction to do so?

You think they went against his instruction, sat deep and let Dons come onto them, and it was purely the players doing so and not what SC instructed?

It was the players decision to bring Williams on and play where he did? Not Sc's? Playing Agard and Kodijia in those positions in the second half had nothing to do with SC?

So it was all the players fault...they put their hands up and said it was their fault and nothing to do with SC....and that they didn't do what SC Instructed?

I can't accept your argument as it makes no sense at all.

If you actually believe the players positioned themselves in those positions out of their choice, then I suggest football is not the game for you.

City were quiet capable of playing on the offensive in the second half, as they showed after Dons equalised.

The fault lies purely at the feet of SC for that 2nd half performance. Not the players. He got his tactics wrong.

So you actually believe, all the players set themselves up that way...and it wasn't SC instruction to do so?

You think they went against his instruction, sat deep and let Dons come onto them, and it was purely the players doing so and not what SC instructed?

It was the players decision to bring Williams on and play where he did? Not Sc's? Playing Agard and Kodijia in those positions in the second half had nothing to do with SC?

So it was all the players fault...they put their hands up and said it was their fault and nothing to do with SC....and that they didn't do what SC Instructed?

I can't accept your argument as it makes no sense at all.

If you actually believe the players positioned themselves in those positions out of their choice, then I suggest football is not the game for you.

City were quiet capable of playing on the offensive in the second half, as they showed after Dons equalised.

The fault lies purely at the feet of SC for that 2nd half performance. Not the players. He got his tactics wrong.

Nowhere have I said it was all the players fault, there was no lack of effort.

I think MK largely pushed us back, and there was no intention from the manager to play so deep. Hence he was constantly urging them forward, which for whatever reason they were unable to respond to adequately on the day.

That's besides the point though. The disagreement here is you maintain players were publicly blaming the manager, or criticising his tactics, yet you can put forward nothing to substantiate what is, at best, a fanciful interpretation of what was said.

What you said can't be interpreted any other way - you stated BR was publicly criticising the managers' tactics.

Are you back tracking on this now?

Well, we'll soon see if your interpretation was correct because, if so, he'll be no where near the squad next match.

And that would be the same outcome for any player, under any manager, at any club.

Undermining the manager will never be tolerated, anywhere.

Not a problem though because I'm in no doubt you've got this 100% wrong, and Bobby will in the squad against Forest.

We can obviously afford to leave this very naughty boy out of our huge matchday squad because of the foul innuendo .

Well I haven't personally quoted Bobby as I haven't listened to his comments. 

TO be honest mate, apart from when it was my job to do so, I rarely listen to interviews with footballers. They tend to be strings of clichés held together with as few other words as possible. Know what I mean, Brian...

However I do think the reason we were overrun was that the players had been told not to push up. Little and Williams stayed in our half pretty much constantly (apart from when Derrick just came on and was able to "take out" Jordan Spence).

I don't think MK suddenly got really good after the break. Sadly, we brought the pressure on ourselves.

Nowhere have I said it was all the players fault, there was no lack of effort.

I think MK largely pushed us back, and there was no intention from the manager to play so deep. Hence he was constantly urging them forward, which for whatever reason they were unable to respond to adequately on the day.

That's besides the point though. The disagreement here is you maintain players were publicly blaming the manager, or criticising his tactics, yet you can put forward nothing to substantiate what is, at best, a fanciful interpretation of what was said.

Mate...no where have I said they were 'blaming the manager or criticising his tactics' in the way you are interpreting it.

Watch and listen to the words coming out of Reids and Packs mouths. How much simpler do you want it? Are you on a wind up....because I seriously can't understand how you can be so naïve.

If you can't understand what they are saying....then it's your problem, not mine.

Mate...no where have I said they were 'blaming the manager or criticising his tactics' in the way you are interpreting it.

Watch and listen to the words coming out of Reids and Packs mouths. How much simpler do you want it? Are you on a wind up....because I seriously can't understand how you can be so naïve.

If you can't understand what they are saying....then it's your problem, not mine.

Well, certainly understanding what BR said seems to be a problem for one of us, not so sure it's me though. :whistle2:

However I do think the reason we were overrun was that the players had been told not to push up. Little and Williams stayed in our half pretty much constantly (apart from when Derrick just came on and was able to "take out" Jordan Spence).

I don't think MK suddenly got really good after the break. Sadly, we brought the pressure on ourselves.

Halfway through the second half, when it was obvious we were too deep, there was an injury which caused a "Timeout" and all the players gathered on the touchline. I really hoped the manager would get them to push up a bit, or at least try to keep possession, but there was no sign that was what he told them to do.

I'm not denying a meeting or a debrief - everything you said after that in the previous post was indeed conjecture.

'They sat too deep, brought pressure on themselves' - agreed, plain for all to see.

That this was down to managerial instruction - not necessarily, that is your interpretation, and not stated by either Pack or Reid.

'Every reasonable person on here can see this'? No, I've seen no evidence of that apart from you and Red-Robbo agreeing this must be the case by your interpretations of Bobby's words..

What you're saying is Bobby Reid is going out for a post match interview and publicly criticising the manager and laying the blame for that 2nd half nightmare performance squarely at his door.

He simply would not do that - whatever had been said privately - and 'any reasonable person', imo, would take his words as disappointment on behalf of the players themselves that they had allowed themselves to be pushed back and dominated.

This would be backed up by numerous fans stating on this forum that they saw SC constantly urging the team forward.

You're really doing young Bobby no favours at all by persisting with this.

Here you go fella....from the BCFC website... Quote...

Midfielder feels City sat too deep on Saturday.

Bobby Reid believes City can’t afford to sit back in games when they take the lead.

Frenchman Jonathan Kodjia opened the scoring against MK Dons on Saturday, before the visitors drew level deep into stoppage time through Daniel Powell.

City enjoyed much of the possession and chances in the first half, but the tables turned after the interval leaving Reid questioning his side’s approach.

“It’s our own doing because we camped in for too long,” he told Bristol City Player HD.

“We always knew the next goal was important but we sat in too deep, and if we’re sitting in and inviting pressure for a lot of the half then they’re going to get chances.

Archived