IGNORED

Can I be the first to say... SC out!

asfred

I'm not happy either, but if SC was to depart,who'd want to come and take over?

Any new Manager would then want to bring in his own back room staff and would then spend money we may or may not have to change the playing staff. In the mean time the side would stagnate in their current rut, so for better or worse, let's leave it to the end of the season.

I tend to agree, if someone had performed like this working for my company (performance over the last 3 months) and put my business at risk he would be out the ******* door... No time for sentiment in business and this is business!!

Bristol City has been a farce for decades. I'd be more inclined to blame the company than the manager in this instance

Maybe time to look at the loan market more closely but not time to rock the boat or panic

that's a joke yeah?

loan market!!! Like I've said before this, someone needs to be held accountable for the utter shambles of pre season... This really isn't a shock... Our club us a ******* laughing stock!! I give up!! 

Im off to enjoy an evening with my family, **** you City!!

A big fan of his, but today I think he did cost us two points. 

First half they were pretty abject and didn't cause us any significant concerns. Why oh why did he show them far too much respect in the second half?! 

That second half was totally pathetic. It was wrong on so many levels. We had no endeavour. I can appreciate being concerned with being too open, however SC there is an in-between or a medium. To think our defence could withstand that much pressure reasonably was borderline stupid. 

My biggest criticism was how he set up our attackers in the second half. It was clearly an instruction for Kodj to take the right channel and Wilbraham to take the left. Inevitably then when we did have the ball in midfield the only option was an over ambitious pass. Having no-one occupying the centre ground meant we invited them on. Wilbs looked poor, but in his defence he had bugger all opportunity to hold the ball up as he was hanging wide. 

What was borderline ridiculous was playing on the break, soaking up pressure with Wilbraham on the left channel. If he's not being asked to hold the ball up well bloody well get Agard on then. We might as well have the threat of pace as the way he played Wilbraham ensured he offered us little. He hang Wilbraham out to dry today. *

It's big criticism of SC from me today. 

* I appreciate Agard did come on, and for Wilbs but he should've done that on 45 if that was his plan for the second half 

SC showed last year that he could manage a talented lower league team playing with flair and confidence. He has shown this year that he is totally out of his depth at this level. It started with him gleefully getting riid of JET with no replacement in sight (note, he scored a late winner for QPR today, something he did for us several times). It continued with an appalling pre-season programme with no challenges; all non-league and lower league opposition played through with a small depleted squad. Next came over-ambitious bids for "star" players at inflated prices who simply didn't want to play for us. Even one of his loans changed his mind after 2 weeks.

We are left with a series of slogans (I am a winner and my players should be winners etc. etc.) a set of fatuous excuses (it was never a penalty, I thought the 2nd goal was offside, he shouldn't have been sent off, it wasn't intentional and finally last week, the team simply stopped playing and let Ipswich back in).

Change must come and soon. The buck stops with SC. Start winning or start packing!

that's a joke yeah?

loan market!!! Like I've said before this, someone needs to be held accountable for the utter shambles of pre season... This really isn't a shock... Our club us a ******* laughing stock!! I give up!! 

Im off to enjoy an evening with my family, **** you City!!

I feel the same way. Enjoy your evening somehow. 

I'm not happy either, but if SC was to depart,who'd want to come and take over?

Any new Manager would then want to bring in his own back room staff and would then spend money we may or may not have to change the playing staff. In the mean time the side would stagnate in their current rut, so for better or worse, let's leave it to the end of the season.

We cannot afford to be relegated this season; dropping straight back down would render all the work SC has done before now redundant, and be a massive blow the the club, due to the redevelopment.  The damage would be exponentially greater than the last time we landed in League One; no question.

SC still has plenty of time to turn this around (and I can't see us exiting the international break without him getting reinforcements and shaking things up; if I was him I'd be cashing in every single piece of goodwill he's earned right now, because we are drowning not waving currently), but if it comes down to it, and the gamble that is a change of manager starts looking more likely to keep us in this division than does sticking with SC, then at that point I'd expect the board to act.  It would be in the best interest of the club to do so.

But that time is not now.  SC can turn this round; I believe that.

Have to say I agree, what was a club high on confidence last season coming into this season, we never signed anyone then, so who is gunna want to join us in January when were bottom of the league!! Today looked like one of the old GJ teams towards the end of his management here, went 1 up then sat back and done nothing!! 

We cannot afford to be relegated this season; dropping straight back down would render all the work SC has done before now redundant, and be a massive blow the the club, due to the redevelopment.  The damage would be exponentially greater than the last time we landed in League One; no question.

SC still has plenty of time to turn this around (and I can't see us exiting the international break without him getting reinforcements and shaking things up; if I was him I'd be cashing in every single piece of goodwill he's earned right now, because we are drowning not waving currently), but if it comes down to it, and the gamble that is a change of manager starts looking more likely to keep us in this division than does sticking with SC, then at that point I'd expect the board to act.  It would be in the best interest of the club to do so.

But that time is not now.  SC can turn this round; I believe that.

Agree, and besides let's let other teams dismiss perfectly competent managers first so the pool of reasonably available candidates is at least a damn sight more impressive than it is currently. 

If we were to dismiss a gaffer who delivered our only ever league title in the October immediately following could we expect anyone with a decent pedigree to come to us, particularly if they are employed at the moment? I know I'd be thinking I'll stay away from that basket case club which also tried to buy Gayle and Grey, they clearly have no idea of their standing or what is reasonable. 

Surely time for Cotterill and Lansdown to sit down and sort this bl00dy mess out.Get off the pot and bring in another striker on loan and get Burt out of his coma and sort out what we are going to do,Because I am sick of reading the tripe that Cotterill is spouting in the Post and seeing nothing happening.

Archived