IGNORED

Questions for The Board

Ivorguy

Have you tried actually asking these questions to the board? In person? By letter? Probably more likely to draw a response than grandstanding on a forum.

A supporters Q & A seems long overdue now you mention it.

I'm sure a number of us have some burning questions to ask the board and SC about what has happened at our football club since May.

I did wonder that, Spud but I actually think he'll be pretty happy- he's the stand out player- third top scorer after 10 games and has got his foothold in English football whilst still learning the language .

If you were his agent- what would you be telling him?

" This time next year, Kodders, we'll be millionaires".

Who know's mate....footballs a funny game....anything could happen this season, still a long way to go.

Like I alluded to in another post....any manager brought into this club would struggle to gain sustainability over a period of time in this league.

It's not just about money in this league. So many other elements come in to it. So much has changed in such a quick time.

Who know's mate....footballs a funny game....anything could happen this season, still a long way to go.

Like I alluded to in another post....any manager brought into this club would struggle to gain sustainability over a period of time in this league.

It's not just about money in this league. So many other elements come in to it. So much has changed in such a quick time.

If it's not about the money and not about the Manager and not about the players then I really struggle to understand your inference. The team have played fairly well in most games and I just feel that had we the strength in depth to call on in a larger quality squad , we'd be mid table at the least.

We all now know the monumental mess up which has been created at board level and has prevented squad enhancement but you seem to be saying that even had the money been available and new players bought in that we would still be in trouble this season.Why?

P.s A simple explanation without breaking confidence will suffice. And we all promise not to tell anyone else :ph34r:

If it's not about the money and not about the Manager and not about the players then I really struggle to understand your inference. The team have played fairly well in most games and I just feel that had we the strength in depth to call on in a larger quality squad , we'd be mid table at the least.

We all now know the monumental mess up which has been created at board level and has prevented squad enhancement but you seem to be saying that even had the money been available and new players bought in that we would still be in trouble this season.Why?

P.s A simple explanation without breaking confidence will suffice. And we all promise not to tell anyone else :ph34r:

No I didn't fella....I said any manager would struggle to sustain this Club in the Championship over a longer period of time....not just 'this season'.

Tbh....I actually thought, with momentum from last season, that we would be doing better than we are. But I've never thought that SC would be the man to sustain it for a longer period.

Have you not noticed, that regardless of managers, players, coaching staff, millions of $'s thrown at the club, we as a club never sustain momentum. We peak....then drop. Our history has proven that.

We do not have the 'set up' right at this Club to sustain it for a long time in the Championship. We have at League 1 level....mainly down to money.

But our coaching, technology, scouting and way we are run as a Professional football club is not on a par with many others in this league.

When you get disharmony....these cracks start to show themselves.

Often your position in the league is a reflection on the 'health' at a club. Not just the football being played. For sure if we had recruited better, replaced key players, not had injuries, and not had to play people out of position and injured.....then i'm sure we would probably be doing better. As you say....we haven't been over run in games.

But sustainability over a period of time....in this league....until things change....I think not.

Burt and SC have been in this game long enough to know how transfers work...they would have spoken to agents of players, to get a ball park figure as to what players wages are. We wouldn't have agreed terms with Clubs for players, if we couldn't afford to pay the wages those players wanted.

Players have decided to go to other clubs for various other reasons....not just wages.

As far as Gray is concerned the deal fell through apparently because the agent wanted a deal that the club felt was too greedy.

Source? A chance meeting with the manager, out shopping, who quite rightly wouldn't be drawn on it but did say deal was agreed, better wages than Brentford were paying were agreed, but the agent's demands were too greedy to finalise things.

I guess parachute payments benefit the relegated clubs and agents of players subsequently signed by those clubs.

No I didn't fella....I said any manager would struggle to sustain this Club in the Championship over a longer period of time....not just 'this season'.

Tbh....I actually thought, with momentum from last season, that we would be doing better than we are. But I've never thought that SC would be the man to sustain it for a longer period.

Have you not noticed, that regardless of managers, players, coaching staff, millions of $'s thrown at the club, we as a club never sustain momentum. We peak....then drop. Our history has proven that.

We do not have the 'set up' right at this Club to sustain it for a long time in the Championship. We have at League 1 level....mainly down to money.

But our coaching, technology, scouting and way we are run as a Professional football club is not on a par with many others in this league.

When you get disharmony....these cracks start to show themselves.

Often your position in the league is a reflection on the 'health' at a club. Not just the football being played. For sure if we had recruited better, replaced key players, not had injuries, and not had to play people out of position and injured.....then i'm sure we would probably be doing better. As you say....we haven't been over run in games.

But sustainability over a period of time....in this league....until things change....I think not.

Thanks for the reply and explanation and it would be hard to disagree.

I remember a kid at school who was amazing at winning the ball in Rugby- but he was always so surprised he didn't know what to do next and invariably lost the advantage.

As far as Gray is concerned the deal fell through apparently because the agent wanted a deal that the club felt was too greedy.

Source? A chance meeting with the manager, out shopping, who quite rightly wouldn't be drawn on it but did say deal was agreed, better wages than Brentford were paying were agreed, but the agent's demands were too greedy to finalise things.

I guess parachute payments benefit the relegated clubs and agents of players subsequently signed by those clubs.

That maybe the case Frenchay....maybe the board weren't willing to pay the agents demands. But that doesn't mean the player also wanted to come here. I've heard Burnley actually offered less than us, and the player chose to go to Burnley instead, as the 'package' was good enough, and he felt the Club was a better fit for him. So not purely down to money alone.

That maybe the case Frenchay....maybe the board weren't willing to pay the agents demands. But that doesn't mean the player also wanted to come here. I've heard Burnley actually offered less than us, and the player chose to go to Burnley instead, as the 'package' was good enough, and he felt the Club was a better fit for him. So not purely down to money alone.

Maybe the player going to Burnley was put forward as a better career fit for the player and, oh guess what, better financial fit for the agent!

Who knows? But it wouldn't surprise me.

Maybe the player going to Burnley was put forward as a better career fit for the player and, oh guess what, better financial fit for the agent!

Who knows? But it wouldn't surprise me.

Yet...the bloke who dealt with the financial dealings gets the boot...funny old business football ;-)

A supporters Q & A seems long overdue now you mention it.

I'm sure a number of us have some burning questions to ask the board and SC about what has happened at our football club since May.

Can us exiles do this by e-mail?  Guess so but if someone could pass it on that'd be great.

Archived