IGNORED

Putin tells it how it is.

screech

A great watch this is, probably will never get aired on the BBC or Sky or in any tabloid paper. Putin is getting rid of terrorists in Syria, he doesn't care who the terrorists are, or who's funding them. It's not up to the USA to remove heads of state, they've ****** up too much in that region by funding terrorists groups and bombing campaigns.

Excellent words there from Putin.

Sometimes difficult to remember that he had an excellent relationship with George W Bush (of all people !), just 10 years ago. Bush often referred to him as "my good friend Vladimir".

As he says, we should be working together with Russia. Islamofascist state would have been long gone by now, if we had.

Somewhat ironic though when he mentioned attacks on "sovereign states", after the takeover of the Crimea (Ukrainian soil), plus the other problems there.

A great watch this is, probably will never get aired on the BBC or Sky or in any tabloid paper. Putin is getting rid of terrorists in Syria, he doesn't care who the terrorists are, or who's funding them. It's not up to the USA to remove heads of state, they've ****** up too much in that region by funding terrorists groups and bombing campaigns.

But keeping his terrorist mate in power there....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syrian-government-forces-responsible-for-more-civilian-deaths-than-isis-human-rights-group-claims-a6673956.html

That's not for anyone else to decide outside of Syria. Funding opposition groups to cause instability has led to a massive shit storm in the whole region, and we are the good guys apparently.

Mate, Putin is "funding" a protagonist and deciding who should be in power by his airstrikes, missile attacks and ground forces, isn't he?

If you're saying everyone get out and let the Syrians get on with it, fair enough, but to say Russian and Iranian intervention "isn't meddling", but Nato's is, is a degree of doublespeak of which RT would be proud.

You mean Assad?  Come on ... he's the leader of a sovereign nation that is under attack by a cabal of thug countries and has been invaded by what can only be described as insanely nihilistic mercenary armies financed and armed by the wealthiest nations on Earth.  The last I heard, i.e. from Syrian friends who live in Damascus, they were praying every day that he hangs-on - he's actually liked by people there - and I hope he does as well.

As for Putin - well let's see what a military that isn't up to its neck in compromise can do - hopefully exterminate ISIS and all the other real terrorist armies there.  Well done to Putin for telling it like it is and good luck to the Russians in Syria.

Asked many Syrians if you consider Assad their leader have you? There are 7 million in exile because they disagree with your "Damascus mate".

Let's call a spade a spade and tell it like it is: Assad is an unelected, highly unpleasant dictator**** whose repression and corruption led to popular demonstrations (in wake of the successful "Arab Spring" example from Tunisia) which he dealt with by indiscriminate killings, arrests, torture and disappearances. The wave of unrest that spawned has been hijacked by Islamofascists - some receiving tacit support from Saudi and Gulf sources - and the war is now, like Iraq, a bitter religious and ethnic conflict. 

It would be best for all concerned if foreign countries stayed out of the conflict, except to try and broker peace agreements between the more moderate figures there. 

Mate, Putin is "funding" a protagonist and deciding who should be in power by his airstrikes, missile attacks and ground forces, isn't he?

If you're saying everyone get out and let the Syrians get on with it, fair enough, but to say Russian and Iranian intervention "isn't meddling", but Nato's is, is a degree of doublespeak of which RT would be proud.

Assad asked for Russian assistance to rid his country of terrorists groups that were destabilising his country and the region. I'm sure he looked at how "stable" Iraq and Libya are now after America had invited themselves to the party and probably didn't think it was such a great guest to have. CIA funded (again) and look at the mess, do they ever learn. Selling them arms to inflict a coup and then they join ISIS.

Your first paragraph - not sure what to say because I'm not sure it's a serious statement tbh.

Your second is your perspective on the situation - I see it completely differently: imo Assad is absolutely necessary in the ME and let's not forget he is the leader of Syria.

I only agree with your last sentence from the point of view that no nation should get involved in the affairs of other nations, but we've gone way beyond that now.  

But you've supported Putin doing so, BB. You see the irony don't you.

Look, if I was an Alawite, Druze or Christian Syrian or my family had some connection with the Assad dictatorship (Call it what it is. No one voted him in!) then I'd probably be on the Assad side for self-preservation. Sunni Muslims - Syria's majority - are palpably mainly NOT on his side. Compare the areas where Assad controls to the areas with the least Sunnis. It's a match.

You realise that the Assads seized power in a military coup, don't you?

Interesting that you (and Russia Today of course) consider that that makes Hafez and his son legitimate "leaders", whereas the Ukrainian coup that swept Yanukovych out of power makes them "Western stooges".

Assad asked for Russian assistance to rid his country of terrorists groups that were destabilising his country and the region. I'm sure he looked at how "stable" Iraq and Libya are now after America had invited themselves to the party and probably didn't think it was such a great guest to have. CIA funded (again) and look at the mess, do they ever learn. Selling them arms to inflict a coup and then they join ISIS.

How "stable" was it, before the war? They had 2 million on the streets in one demonstration, demanding Assad stood down. Before he sent the Mukhabarat snipers in, of course. It was one of the most repressive regimes in the World according to Amnesty, with tens of thousands of political prisoners facing daily torture.

I think once you start dropping barrel bombs on civilian markets and use chemical weapons against your own population, you lose any claim to legitimacy.

But look, my position is, Yanks out, Brits out, Saudis out, Turks out, Iranians out, and Russians out.  Of course Putin won't do that, as Tartus is his own little colony, where he can keep a Mediterranean fleet.

Only way forward is a power-sharing arrangement, as in Lebanon.

Not that the USA didn't fund Assad opposition groups but since when did the USA export AK47s?

As they're so widespread it is the best weapon to hand out to no skill peasants. Easy to maintain and get parts for, reliable and ammunition is readily available all over the world.

I think I'm right in saying there as many AKs in the world as people.

I have thought about exactly this issue in the context of 'no nation interferes with the internal affairs of another nation', so give me some credit Robbo, but we're not talking about a stable situation anymore, it's a battlefield, and now Syria has a right to do what ever it can to defend itself.  Look at the map of territory under Syrian government control - it's basically a slither in the west and the coastal area.  Given that the USA has had a very big hand in this I am very glad that Russia has stepped in.

They were living in relative stability before external powers starting stirring it.  

As for those marches, again it's how you want to look at it - there were armed gunmen in the crowds who opened fire on the police and the police and security services responded.  I don't think it would be different anywhere else.  Actually at that point Assad was willing to look at change, but it was a very complex situation in which, as you said, different cultural groups were very finely balanced (another example of why Western Europe should not mass import peoples from other religions btw), so it was never going to be quick or simple or without problems.  

Chemical weapons against his own people? You don't seriously believe that do you?  Why would he do that? He would have risked inviting a NATO attack. The only people using chemical weapons are the armies that are invading Syria.

Brutal regime, sure, by our standards, but not my Middle Eastern standards, as far as I know there were no public beheadings in Syria like there are elsewhere, and, like I've said, I know people there and that is not how they describe Syria.  

Syria isn't Ukraine.  As I've said elsewhere, I've sat down and talked with Ukrainians who fled into Russia from Donetsk. They describe the situation very differently to how you might read about it in Western media.

Assad did risk a Nato attack Rads, but if you know better on chemical attacks than the UN and independent human rights monitoring bodies, then please give me your credentials. Remember,  he never denied having the chemical weapons - he had stocks publicly decommissioned - he just claimed he hadn't used them, despite the ample testimony gathered by UN and aid workers in Syria. 

There is, of.course, a reason why aid workers, UN officils and foreign media are now kept out of Assad controlled areas of Syria...

You have to realise that the present regime is unsustainable. The only solution is either a power-sharing one like in Lebanon or a cantonal one as in Bosnia. No peace will follow if the Sunni majority feel themselves excluded from all political power.

Philip Hammond is right: Russia's intervention is prolonging Syria's agony, not shortening it.

Just like the UK and the U S of A then really?.

Your becoming rather predictable old boy. Knew you'd come back with that. So what? Point is last thing we should be doing is praising the words of a bell end like Putin. He is no smart tactician with a grand plan but a very dangerous gambler. Not the kind of person you want to have power.

What he was allowed to get away with in Ukraine, a country I visited before the war, was disgraceful. And it has achieved very little for him by the way...

Your becoming rather predictable old boy. Knew you'd come back with that. So what? Point is last thing we should be doing is praising the words of a bell end like Putin. He is no smart tactician with a grand plan but a very dangerous gambler. Not the kind of person you want to have power.

What he was allowed to get away with in Ukraine, a country I visited before the war, was disgraceful. And it has achieved very little for him by the way...

Well to become even more predictable young man, you could have been describing George W Bush, but not his poodle.

Maybe he will get swept away in one of those totally legit 'colour revolutions' that happen spontaneously without CIA involvement.

:whistle:

It's strange isn't it that for atheist Commies like Putin, the Islamofascists of IS and Christian nationalists like you, America is always behind everything. 

I take a less "Grassy Knollington" view of the world...

The yellow and black symbol? Definitely!

I believe that was the group that intentionally distributed several popular soups containing pork in order to exclude religious Jews or Muslims. What a strange and bigoted organization to associate yourself with.

Stay classy.

So Friends Of Vlad, I'm just wondering if you could clear one or two things up for me? So we're applauding Putin for standing up to terrorist factions in Syria who are being secretly supported by wealthy nations hell-bent on furthering their own agenda in the region? So presumably we applaud NATO and similarly condemn Putin's Russia for their actions (which could be described very well as above) in Eastern Ukraine? Or does he get more credit because he couldn't be bothered to hide his imperialist ambitions? 

I also really enjoy the theory that the CIA was behind the Arab Spring. I'm sure they couldn't wait to get rid of their regional ally in Egypt. And Tunisia, they hated those guys. And Gaddafi?! Well apart from the several years of diplomatic effort and millions of $ spent bringing him back to the international fold to access Libyan oil, they couldn't WAIT to get rid of that *****. And Bahrain? They only let Britain and American have 3 military bases there, what utter bastards!

The CIA should have done this ages ago...

Stay classy -  :laugh:

I don't know the story you're referring to (got a link?) but Generation Identitaire are great.  That movement is spreading - there's a branch open in the USA now. They are another great movement to come out of France, along with the Front National.  

Imo people should think about the correlation between the rise of groups like GI and the FN and the number of immigrants from islamic countries.  

Anyway long live young people who remember who they are and are prepared to do something about it

What does that even mean?

You talk a lot about how your nationalism is about protecting 'traditional values' but of course the reality is you are just cherry-picking the values you believe in and want imposed on people that don't agree with you.

Slavery and colonialism are synomonous with British tradition of old yet I don't see you championing a return to those practices?

Multiculturalism is a British value, it could convincingly be argued, yet that's another one you (obviously) disregard.

I'm 100% white British and have lived in England my entire life, yet the traditional values of British life you talk about (from Italy) don't really resonate with me a jot...

Archived