IGNORED

Team for Next Friday

Healeyred96

Fielding 

Ayling        Flint                     Baker       Bryan 

Pack 

Bennett     Smith             Reid           Freeman 

Kodjia

Subs Hamer Williams  Little  Wagstaff  Robinson Willbraham Agard 

Each to his own, I'd never play Ayling at full back.

All of a sudden, we have a full bench (Burns isn't mentioned above) with some flexibility in formation.

If we get another loanee in this week, coupled with the eventual return of Moore, it could be looking a hell of a lot better than a few weeks ago.

Aylinh played full back for Yeovil. Full back is very different to right wing back.

Updated Team for Next Friday 

Fielding 

Little   Flint        Baker    Williams 

Smith

Bennett                    Bryan 

Freeman 

Cox               Kodjia 

Subs Hamer Ayling Pack Reid Robinson Agard Willbraham 

Fielding 

Little   Flint        Baker    Bryan

Smith

Bennett                    Reid

Freeman 

Cox               Kodjia 

Subs Hamer Ayling Pack Williams Robinson Agard Willbraham 

Two of them are, the other two would be makeshift and a liability.

Williams is a CB and Ayling definitely isn't up to full back - his positioning is all over the place and he takes half an hour to turn, a decent wide player would have him on toast. 

What are your thoughts on Ayling? Personally think he's been very good for us this year. Agree I wouldn't play him RB or RWB but surely he has to play

Fielding 

Smith

Freeman 

Cox               Kodjia 

This is the nearest team prediction that puts square pegs in square holes.

Little is, if match fit, the best right back of the squad. Williams is the only one who can play at left back. To use Joe Bryan there wastes Joe's assets as a supplier of chances further up the pitch.

Flint and Baker would be a good solid pairing in a back four.

Korey is best suited to the holding midfield protector of the back three or four.

My only reservation at present is the form of Freeman, who is trying to go past everyone and not pass to anyone. At present, Bobbie Reid deserves that slot.

Cox is a quality forward who hopefully will use his experience to help Jimmy Kodjia to score more.

On the bench, I prefer Burns to Robinson.

Some people still think pack should be in. I think either ayling or Bryan need to partner Smith infront of the defence. Cuz pack is not good enough and Reid is too small and lightweight to play that role. I hope he finally plays 4 at the back cuz enoughs enough.

Fielding 

Smith

Freeman 

Cox               Kodjia 

We'd be destroyed with that team

A change to 4 at the back is worth a try I guess, although Ayling / Little ....   Bryan / Williams, are any of those good enough to play a traditional full back role? Maybe thats why Cotts ain't done it so far, who knows

I reckon 3 of those are full backs. Ayling is definitely more a full back than centre back or wing back. Makes mistakes as a centre back and not pacy enough as a wing back. Williams I think too would have an easier time at full back. And Joe has shown he is a very good defender and can actually get a lot of joy with someone always infront of.him he can overlap instead of being isolated on that side like he has been the last 2 home games. And don't forget Liam moore who helped Leicester to promotion. Little is definitely not up to it, he can't defend.

Some people still think pack should be in. I think either ayling or Bryan need to partner Smith infront of the defence. Cuz pack is not good enough and Reid is too small and lightweight to play that role. I hope he finally plays 4 at the back cuz enoughs enough.

So two defenders, one of which having never played defensive midfield in his life, to come in for our only fit defensive midfielder.. Right. If Smith is out for any length of time, Pack will play.

So two defenders, one of which having never played defensive midfield in his life, to come in for our only fit defensive midfielder.. Right. If Smith is out for any length of time, Pack will play.

Totally agree with this , always a position people think you can just slip any half tidy ball playing defender into,sadly not

as proved many times over the years not least when Keegan tried Gareth Southgate out for England aginst Zee Germans ... 

Ayling has played in midfield before. Bryan did as well in the academy as well as having a decent game by all accounts at Ipswich. I also said alongside Smith, meaning in a best 11. Both can control the ball, can tackle and are quicker than pack. Pack is an absolute liability. The one thing I agree on is that pack will play, but doesn't mean he should. 

Ayling has played in midfield before. Bryan did as well in the academy as well as having a decent game by all accounts at Ipswich. I also said alongside Smith, meaning in a best 11. Both can control the ball, can tackle and are quicker than pack. Pack is an absolute liability. The one thing I agree on is that pack will play, but doesn't mean he should. 

fortunately you're not the manager, nor have any influence on his descissions   

Anyone else think Joe`s a bit out of sorts at the moment? Carrying an injury perhaps? I think we may have (understandably given the circumstances) rushed him back after the injury at Sheff Weds.

Out of sorts, carrying an injury, and rushed back?

I think you're right on all 3 counts.

Hopefully this break will give him a chance to recover fully, if not I can see him being rested against Forest.

If he's fit and on form he's one of the first names on the team sheet, but clearly something's been amiss with him recently.

Archived