IGNORED

Belfast pubs

somered

The Crown opposite the Europa Hotel (at the point I was staying there was the most bombed hotel in Europe) is definitely worth a visit. Not sure they'll have TV screens, but definitely an experience. Guinness is something else there....

Pretty sure the Crown is owned by NT or one of the Heritage groups, It,s one place you have to go if in Belfast, be surprised if they have football on in there though, you are correct about the hotel as well

I was in Belfast two weekends ago. The Crown and the Harp were decent pubs for live music etc but I don't think they had Sky. I watched the Eng v Aus rugby in the Cloth Ear on Waring street, great atmosphere there on a Saturday night for that (plenty of Oz support) but again not sure if they have Sky as obviously it was shown on ITV. Could be worth asking. 

Asked this question to a Belfastian from work (after the first post so didnt see the reply that stated where it was in Belfast you were staying) who mentioned: "Depends where they are I would say. If they’re in the city centre, then Robinsons will likely have it on. Another place they could try in the town centre is the Garrick. This is on Chichester Street out the back of Victoria. If they're up near Queen’s then, Lavery’s at Shaftsbury Square."

You're welcome.

Asked this question to a Belfastian from work (after the first post so didnt see the reply that stated where it was in Belfast you were staying) who mentioned: "Depends where they are I would say. If they’re in the city centre, then Robinsons will likely have it on. Another place they could try in the town centre is the Garrick. This is on Chichester Street out the back of Victoria. If they're up near Queen’s then, Lavery’s at Shaftsbury Square."

You're welcome.

Yep, I've watched sport in The Garrick, it's a cool pub...good atmosphere, worth a look

Brennans Bar is literally a 30 second walk from the Travelodge.  Turn right out the front door and cross the little square and it's on your left at the corner of Great Victoria St.  Robinsons will show the match but it's  big place with lots going on and the music can be pretty loud there on a Friday.  You might get closer to a screen at Brennans.  These two and The Crown are beside each other so check them all and see which you prefer.  Don't miss at least one pint in the Crown, though.  It's a beautiful bar, even if it is a bit of a tourist trap.  Get comfy in one of the booths if you're with some mates but be careful you don't accidentally lose a whole day there.   Lavery's is about a ten minute walk south and can also be lively, with a younger crowd.  In the other direction is the Cathedral Quarter with plenty of cool smaller places.  Try The Spaniard, The John Hewitt, and the Duke of York is great in the afternoon.  Don't know if you've been in Belfast before.  For my money they're the friendliest people in the country.  Hope you have a great night... after watching City win!

Archived