IGNORED

Where to watch in Manchester?

normanhillred

Hello @normanhillred, a couple of us will be in the city centre watching if you want to join us? about half hour on the bus or tram from West Dids, I say a couple of us as numbers seem to vary from 12 (Peterborough game) to 2 (last Friday!).

I used to live in West Didsbury and to be honest there used to be very few that show sports, as most try and be swanky bars.

Your best bet will probably be the Old house at home on Burton road its a chain pub but they do have sky sports. I used to watch City in there.

I'm told that both the Metropolitan and the railway, which are right in the middle of West didsbury village have started showing sport but I'm not sure how true that is. The railway used to have a dodgy Greek satellite when I lived close by but only really showed United games as the Landlord was a massive Man U fan. Both of these are likely to be busier than the Old house at home with a younger demographic.

If not head to fallowfield and to the Friendship Inn. It has multiple screens that can show different games and is a Hydes pub so (used to) serve more of a selection of Ales. Only downside is it is right in the heart of Student central.

Hope that helps!

Your best bet will probably be the Old house at home on Burton road its a chain pub but they do have sky sports. I used to watch City in there.

I'm told that both the Metropolitan and the railway, which are right in the middle of West didsbury village have started showing sport but I'm not sure how true that is. The railway used to have a dodgy Greek satellite when I lived close by but only really showed United games as the Landlord was a massive Man U fan. Both of these are likely to be busier than the Old house at home with a younger demographic.

If not head to fallowfield and to the Friendship Inn. It has multiple screens that can show different games and is a Hydes pub so (used to) serve more of a selection of Ales. Only downside is it is right in the heart of Student central.

Hope that helps!

As I current West Didsbury resident I can confirm nowhere shows football as it is all bars. As far as I know neither the Metropolitan or the Railway show sport. 

As Cider-manc says, the nearest is The Old House at Home, which is about a 5 minute walk up Burton Road to the edge of Withington. The times I have watched City in there it has been very quite and had to ask to get the channel changed.

The Friendship Inn will be busier and more likely to have the odd City fan there due to the student population. Watched a few games there whilst at Uni. This would be just a short bus ride away (catch the bus from Paletine Road towards Manchester and get off straight after you see McDonalds and the pub is across the road)

it is also very quick and easy to get to the City centre on the metrolink if this takes your fancy. Never ventured anywhere in the city centre to watch city on TV, so wouldn't know where to recommend.

I was in Estonia so not my fault this time Mike! 

Off to Brazil on 2nd so need to pinch the purse strings a little tighter, however I'm up for this as it'd be good too see a few friendly faces as I'm locked away in the country these days.

Will need to get back to Yorks ASAP so anywhere showing the game. near Manchester Victoria would be a winner, dare I say it...........print works?

Hi guys,

A couple of us will be at The Green Sports bar from about 7ish.

http://www.thegreenmanchester.com/

Just by Manchester Piccadily station and only about 5 minutes walk from the bus station at Piccadily gardens.

As I say- looks like it may only be the two of us at the min but feel free to join if you fancy it.

unfortunately we won't be able to join you today but we'll be there in spirit. COYR!

Archived