IGNORED

Football Manager 2016

Shtanley

1 hour ago, Tipps69 said:

Just started as City.

Got Man Utd as my feeder club & signed Sam Johnstone (GK), Jesse Lingard (AMC), Andreas Pereira (MC) & Matheus Pareira (AMRLC) all on loan for the season.

I have also signed Jason Cummings (ST) from Hibs £450k, Rico Henry (LB) from Walsall £1.1m, Jamie Hopcutt (AMCRL) £250k, Bradley Ede (MC) £37k for my U21's & I also have Lincoln (AMLC) £1.4m from Gremio coming in in January.

The club also stumped up £2.6m for Charis Mavrias (M/AMR) from Sunderland!!

I've coughed up £4.43m in transfers & only gained £32.5k back!!

im playing a 4-1-1-3-1 formation & after 10 games I'm top of the table by 2 points on 24 points with a goal difference of +10.

Happy with how things are although Kodjia is out injured at the moment.

How do you manage to spend so much? I thought the transfer budget was set quite low for the first season in the Champ?

A couple like Lloyd Kelly, Jake Andrews and Joe Morrell have enough potential to get into the first team if treated properly, ignore the star ratings they're really subjective and are based on the coaches abilty to judge the potential of the player.

Need to get a better look at Dowling as have heard good things about him - but not seen him yet. Will need a review.

Interesting to read what @BarnzFM was saying about not necessarily listening to your Asst manager. On a similar note i've often wondered the best way to judge a players performance. What you actually witness when you watch the game or the end of game rating? The later can often be skewed by a goal or assist. I'm interested to know your (and everyones else) taken that.

Ratings are worth looking at but I'd suggest looking at the team performance rather than individuals, I always have my ball winning midfielder or defensive midfielder have fairly low ratings - despite when watching the game him doing everything I want, if I'm winning and playing well I'll ignore it. 

13 hours ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Interesting to read what @BarnzFM was saying about not necessarily listening to your Asst manager. On a similar note i've often wondered the best way to judge a players performance. What you actually witness when you watch the game or the end of game rating? The later can often be skewed by a goal or assist. I'm interested to know your (and everyones else) taken that.

If someone scores but gets less than around 7.2 then i always read that as them having a poor game other than the goal. I think you need to watch highlights to get a bit more of a feel for the game.  For example, I am Spurs on FM15 at the moment and have a central midfielder who always gets decent marks but when he is 35 yards out he always shoots, often missing the target.  It makes no difference what I ask him to do, so I am selling him!

The young Brazilian that signed (Lincoln) for £1.4m didn't actually join me until 1-1-2017, he's just joined & is now 18 years old but still can't play for me as he is with the Brazil U20's but his value has rocketed to £14.25m without kicking a ball for me!!

I guess he's worth signing at the start of the game even if it's just for the mark up you can make on him even if he doesn't play!!

6 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

The young Brazilian that signed (Lincoln) for £1.4m didn't actually join me until 1-1-2017, he's just joined & is now 18 years old but still can't play for me as he is with the Brazil U20's but his value has rocketed to £14.25m without kicking a ball for me!!

I guess he's worth signing at the start of the game even if it's just for the mark up you can make on him even if he doesn't play!!

Good signing, becomes very good later on. Signed him for £38m for Spurs in my game!

Currently languishing around 19th position approaching December (Season 1). 

Ran out of money after spending the budget on Jutkiewicz and Gleeson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lukas_Jutkiewicz
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Gleeson

The fans are not happy at all with Gleeson, even if he's just as good as Pack in the game.

Plagued by long term injuries,
Freeman - out
Kodjia - out
Wilbs - out

Agard is top scorer with 8 and is currently my only full international earning all 4 caps for Jamaica since the game started.

I'm currently in Febuary in 1st season and have been in play off positions the majority of the season. Currently 9th along with 5 other teams on 60 points (GD keeping me out of play off places). Just had a run of 1 win in 5 to fall away a little.

Kodjia is on about 24 but going through a little dry spell. My star players are Little and Bryan who excell in the wing back roles.

i brought in:

Matt Smith ( jury very much out ), Danny Fox (LB), Jimmy Abdou (DM) and in January brought in young midfielder Jamie Allen from Rochdale for big bucks and Leinihan (RwB) on loan from Hull as cover for Litts.

Moved on: Reid, Wilbs but can't give away El Abd. I love rhe realism! 

Thought i'd post this seeing there was a thread present. Fourth Season in and second season in the Premier League. Ditched 5-3-2 after the first season. Money seems to come in January second season depending on where you are in the league. Premier League first season is extremely tough. Not too much to spend in terms of the rest of the league and the team is lacking in quality. Was lucky that a mid season run basically secured my league status. This is my team now start of the fourth season. 

Big Transfers since I started

1st season: Stephen Gleeson did a great job for me, cost 1.5 million. Kyle Lafferty as well was available and did a great job of doing what Wilbs is supposed to do now but a lot better. Harrison Reed on loan from Southampton played an extremely vital role in staying up. Nobody left permanently, some went out on loans.

2nd season: Alex Smithies was available for 230k. Absolute bargain. Adam Armstrong on loan was also vital, he scored 25 league goals to win the league. In January sold Freeman to Norwich for 2.1 million and used the increase in budget to get in Will Hughes for something like 5 million from a League One Derby County side.

3rd season: Cardiff went up with us (through the play-offs after finishing 6th on the last day...) and they wanted Korey Smith for 9.25 million. Sold him (sadly) and got in Marco Van Ginkel for 10 million (who instantly went to being a 20 million pound player.) Tim Krul came in for 4 million, Victor Moses for 4 million, Zach Clough for 2.8 million and Andre DeYedlin for 3 million. Man City bought Alex Smithies for a million and a lot of the current squad apart from a few players (Flint, Bryan, Ayling and Kodjia) were either released or sold for little money. Finished 12th after a good mid season and had the satisfaction of relegating Cardiff in Wales to also keep us safe. Good times.

4th season: Budget gets ridiculous, out of favour current top Premier League players available. Everton got relegated so a lot of top players available at cut prices. They wanted 30 million still for Stones at the beginning of the Transfer Window so got Galloway instead for around 9 million, but just as the season started he went to Stoke for 7 million.:facepalm: Sturridge and Ramires are on loan for 20% of their wage (around 25k each a week.) Benteke after the first season went to Watford for 3.3 million (which is probably the most unrealistic transfer i've ever seen in any football manager game) and they just got relegated. Went and bought a load of decent European players such as David Selke, Oliver Sorg and Suso and made profits out of Victor Moses and Zach Clough. Would happily though take 12th again.

Oh and one last image. Rovers are back in non-league.

Bristol City 4th Season.png

the gas 201718.png

3 hours ago, Sargent Pepper said:

I'm currently in Febuary in 1st season and have been in play off positions the majority of the season. Currently 9th along with 5 other teams on 60 points (GD keeping me out of play off places). Just had a run of 1 win in 5 to fall away a little.

Kodjia is on about 24 but going through a little dry spell. My star players are Little and Bryan who excell in the wing back roles.

i brought in:

Matt Smith ( jury very much out ), Danny Fox (LB), Jimmy Abdou (DM) and in January brought in young midfielder Jamie Allen from Rochdale for big bucks and Leinihan (RwB) on loan from Hull as cover for Litts.

Moved on: Reid, Wilbs but can't give away El Abd. I love rhe realism! 

I haven't got a save as City, but started unemployed and ended up at Barrow. Got El Abd in on loan and he did a job (albeit in the National League). Bought him for 35k, signed Derrick Williams on a free after City released him, and have Lloyd Kelly on loan. 3 current City players (even if one is youth, and one doesn't play) filling my back 3 using 3-5-2. currently in my 3rd season and top of the league, losing 1 league game from the opening 18.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Excuse my total ignorance guys - but do you play this on a gaming machine ? Lap top ?

again - excuse my ignorance but is it a game I can download for my I-Pad ??

I play on laptop, there is a trimmed down version for ipad called "football manager handheld 2016" cost is £7 for it. 

3 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Excuse my total ignorance guys - but do you play this on a gaming machine ? Lap top ?

again - excuse my ignorance but is it a game I can download for my I-Pad ??

I play on a laptop but had the iPad version a couple of years ago, it's simplified as mentioned but still thought it was very good! Probably the better alternative for you as well mate, I imagine the desktop/laptop version could be quite overwhelming for a beginner.

Game is so frustrating. They need to sort out transfers. When I get offers for Freeman or Smith they are like 1.2-1.6m but if you try to buy someone of the same value you have to pay 5-8m. You basically have to rely on loans and transfer listed players or free agents. Gets boring. Also done it with larger clubs. Real Madrid wanted 85m for Varane. I know he's a good young player but 85m? Joke 

Archived