IGNORED

Johnson ' driven ' by Robbored

Major Isewater

At the time of life when most people are thinking of putting their feet up and preparing for retirement Gary Johnson just keeps going  and here on OTIB we all know why .:whistle2:

This  'one trick pony ' and ' Conference manager ' looks like performing his ' one trick ' again as his club Cheltenham sit proudly at the top of their league .

Well done GJ ,keep it up .

I don't want this to start a Robbo bashing thread ,it's just a bit of fun and a shout out to an ex-City manager .

Major, have you noticed that Robbored seems to be mentioned on here quite a lot recently, is it fair to suggest he's become the most famous OTIB member?

With respect to GJ, I know he's busy with his managerial duties, but wonder if he's been down to the Gate yet to see it's development.  Be interesting to know whether he remains fond of BCFC, and what he thinks of our current position.

8 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Major, have you noticed that Robbored seems to be mentioned on here quite a lot recently, is it fair to suggest he's become the most famous OTIB member?

With respect to GJ, I know he's busy with his managerial duties, but wonder if he's been down to the Gate yet to see it's development.  Be interesting to know whether he remains fond of BCFC, and what he thinks of our current position.

GJ was at the Gate for the Forest match working for Sky. He seemed to be very impressed by the ground and the team. He had his usual cheeky chappy TV persona

2 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Robbored is ' famous ' on OTIB he plays the role of pantomine villain very well and is less agressive  than some on here whose testosterone levels are a bit on the high side . :bruce_h4h:

As for GJ , i'm sure he looks back on his time here with pleasure ,it was , for a time, a very special moment in his and the club's history .

15 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Robbored is ' famous ' on OTIB he plays the role of pantomine villain very well and is less agressive  than some on here whose testosterone levels are a bit on the high side . :bruce_h4h:

As for GJ , i'm sure he looks back on his time here with pleasure ,it was , for a time, a very special moment in his and the club's history .

Aye, and Robbored certainly excels in the role. 

Personally, I love GJ, and remain in the camp that he should've never been sacked when he was - should have stayed until the end of the season and then had the chance to clear out the squad and revamp the team.

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

GJ was at the Gate for the Forest match working for Sky. He seemed to be very impressed by the ground

In all Carey fairness when you have spent as much time as he has in Trumpton type grounds, especially in the last 3 months, you are naturally going to be blown away by a half finished Ashton Gate.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Oh no he doesnt....

...& its ok GJ,  - Robbo's still not behind you. 

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don't why but I'm still amazed at how many on here still love GJ. Their love is based on how close City got to the PL and nothing else. 

:facepalm:

Seems like a decent thing to love him for. It's also based on the unity he helped create with the fans, the songs, one liners etc. Plus he clearly still loves us as was evidenced at the Forest game!  

Love him!

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I don't why but I'm still amazed at how many on here still love GJ. Their love is based on how close City got to the PL and nothing else. 

It's not that for me , for a time GJ had the whole club ( except you ;) ) united and bouncing , it was fun supporting the City .

I say ' for a time ' because i think it was pretty awful near the end as GJ lost the plot .

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I am actually more amazed that you are saying such stuff thinking you are convincing us that you are amazed.

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It's not that for me , for a time GJ had the whole club ( except you ;) ) united and bouncing , it was fun supporting the City .

I say ' for a time ' because i think it was pretty awful near the end as GJ lost the plot .

City were winning most of the time and we all know that when results are good then the fan base is rocking regardless of who the manager is.

I hate to remind people but I named GJ a Conference manager way back then and could those people remind me of where he's managing now?

:whistle:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

City were winning most of the time and we all know that when results are good then the fan base is rocking regardless of who the manager is.

I hate to remind people but I named GJ a Conference manager way back then and could those people remind me of where he's managing now?

A decade on though, I think he genuinely likes the area and wanted to be local. I'm sure he could have got a league role if he wanted one.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I hate to remind you, but you drove a mini bus full of gas heads to Wembley.

29 minutes ago, SyntaxtheRed said:

GJ does't seem to like being out of work and seems to always take the first job that comes along. I think if he was a bit more selective with his jobs he would very managing at a higher level now. 

Unlikely to be a conference manager next season on showing so far.

Gary has a very good record on getting promotions for lower league sides. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

And, rescuing us from the bottom of the league and restoring pride to the board, players and supporters (bounce around the ground) and getting us promoted to the championship and as above...

Plus sustaining us in a league that we have only just got back to, due to the mind numbing awful managers that followed and the utter dross they and their players served up, due to a lack of pride, that it took a supporter to address our dressing room to finally change....Millen, Mc 0-4 at home at HT Innes, Sean O Dismal....Yeah never know what you've got til you (plural) have hounded it out!

I'll sing his name every time he comes here to commentate!  

2 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Aye, and Robbored certainly excels in the role. 

Personally, I love GJ, and remain in the camp that he should've never been sacked when he was - should have stayed until the end of the season and then had the chance to clear out the squad and revamp the team.

Personally think he should've gone earlier than he did, we had some great times and some awful times as well....

It was his team he assembled so why would he clear it out? and he never really strengthened or 'revamped' when he had numerous chances to do so, his scouting policy was a joke and etc. That saying he was one of the top managers at this club which shows how average we really are.

I'm hoping Cotterill surpasses him  so this love-in with Johnson will end,

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I think even the dust on my computer screen knows that you referred to GJ as a Conference manager, it's one of the many reasons you are ' loved ' on OTIB .

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I hate to remind you that when Cheltenham went down you said that there was no chance that he would stick around and manage in that league.

Archived