IGNORED

'Stand up...if you...

spudski

2 hours ago, spudski said:

Obviously it's an emotive subject....the fact that the Belgium game has been cancelled due to them, shows how much they are influencing normal life.

It's gone past 'sticking your heads in the sand' and not acknowledging they exist. They are the most financially fed 'Force' on the planet now. 2 million a day made from selling oil to Turkey alone...ignoring they exist is futile.

Standing together and showing solidarity...rather than just a minutes silence everytime someone is blown up or shot shows what?

Proactive, rather than reactive now surely needs to be the way to go?

An important distinction needs to be made here between acknowledging their existence and ignoring it.  Two different things.  By acknowledging they exist through a chant such as the one suggested, I would feel like I am allowing them to influence my thoughts and validating their agenda to incite fear.  But to ignore their existence would be to fail to recognise the threat they pose and take the necessary action to protect ourselves.

I will continue to not acknowledge their existence, whilst living in the hope that our government and those with the power to defeat the organisation are not ignoring them.

22 minutes ago, kmpowell said:

A minutes silence is not needed. Did you have a minutes silence for the people killed in the Syrian bombing the day before Paris? No of course you didn't. 

I bet you are one of the sheep who've changed their Facebook profile picture to a french flag. That was/is one of the most grotesquely inappropriate things I've ever witnessed on Social Media. The speed and scale it spread makes my stomach churn, all to make people feel a bit better about themselves. Why is France/Paris any different to what goes on in Syria and Iraq each and every week?

Innocent people are getting murdered, it matters not one jot where they are location wise, the world needs to stand up to them as a group, not in self-serving ideological fractions.

Of course it matters more; in the same way that somebody getting beaten up in Argentina does not matter as much to you as somebody you know getting beaten up in your local pub.  Paris is close to us, most of us will have been there, and the people who were killed were out for the evening doing exactly what we do.

And as for Robin the refugee from the David Icke forums:

1. Reading Infowars and watching outlandish Youtube vidoes cannot be described as "research".
  2. The CIA in their usual idiot way has assisted with many groups at an early stage that then come back to bite them.  Al Qaeda is the prime example.  But just because somebody helps to get a group going does not mean that they continue to fund and exert control over it.

And finally - what is this doing on the Football Forum?

1 hour ago, kmpowell said:

A minutes silence is not needed. Did you have a minutes silence for the people killed in the Syrian bombing the day before Paris? No of course you didn't. 

I bet you are one of the sheep who've changed their Facebook profile picture to a french flag. That was/is one of the most grotesquely inappropriate things I've ever witnessed on Social Media. The speed and scale it spread makes my stomach churn, all to make people feel a bit better about themselves. Why is France/Paris any different to what goes on in Syria and Iraq each and every week?

Innocent people are getting murdered, it matters not one jot where they are location wise, the world needs to stand up to them as a group, not in self-serving ideological fractions.

Despite the incredibly wrong assumption and slight personal attack in there I will try to answer your post sensibly.

You don't have a minutes silence for the Syrians because we would always have a minutes silence - the juxtaposition of this is do you think we should never have a minutes silence for traumatic events?

No I am/have not changed my profile picture, as I don't believe its a good way to show respect for the dead or support of the living but I don't think you understand why people do it - I don't think its just to make people feel better about themselves.

France is different because of the nature of the word different - it is rare.

On 16 November 2015 at 22:42:31, spudski said:

...hate ISIS.

Get that chant going at 'ULL next game, and get the whole stadium singing it and standing up. Solidarity in sport...it's a strong message to send.

Pompey did it last game...

So did you go ahead with this? 

Anyone done this yet?

i have just bought tickets for the next two home games and I think the OP should start his new song at one of the games, to then realise how much of a poor idea this was when nobody joins in with him. It would hopefully make him realise that some ideas should just be kept in the head.

53 minutes ago, GJS said:

Anyone done this yet?

i have just bought tickets for the next two home games and I think the OP should start his new song at one of the games, to then realise how much of a poor idea this was when nobody joins in with him. It would hopefully make him realise that some ideas should just be kept in the head.

Jeez you really can't let things go can you! Give it up fella and enjoy the 2 home games.

On 17 November 2015 12:40:49, kmpowell said:

Loads of online shops changed their banners to French colours too. Cynical, cheap and nasty.

30 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

Loads of online shops changed their banners to French colours too. Cynical, cheap and nasty.

But didn't you know the life of one of us precious Westerners is faaarrrr more important than one of those insignificant beings from the middle east and third world? 

Archived