IGNORED

'Stand up...if you...

spudski

58 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Apparently the French national anthem is going to be sung at Wembley this evening for the England v France friendly.....probably not a good idea at AG as ....A) I don't know the words .....and ...B) My French is about as good as Del Boys I'm afraid.

Each to their own with regards singing the French national anthem.  And with the decorating of French flags on peoples FB etc.  But for me, I find it extremely cringe worthy.

I suppose there are many ways of looking at it.... and everyone has their right to choose what to do.

I just thought getting a whole stadium of rival fans, from oop North and down South, standing up and showing solidarity that Isis won't beat us, especially as it's being televised, would be a positive thing. In reality it's not going to make a difference to 'them'....but we are at War with terrorism....during times of 'War' all forms of actions of solidarity are used for morale support.

And City or Hull fan in the Armed forces abroad, watching on TV, i'm sure would appreciate it.

Granted...it's not going to make any difference like a bombing raid...and it's about as affectively direct as one of Corbyn's letters to them ;-)

Each to their own though...thought at this time, it would be more positive than singing about hating the Gas :-)

Acknowledging them in any way is exactly what they want and singing about them on national TV is doing just that.

A far better way to go about things is to show some sort of message of solidarity with France.

A minutes silence or applause, the way we do it on remembrance day, is just about right in my opinion.

• Admin
1 hour ago, formerly known as ivan said:

How about we leave it away from Ashton Gate. Not really the time or place. Would be extremely embarrassing/cringeworthy.

1 minute silence/applause would be better in remembrance.

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

How about just carrying on as normal ,they want us to stop doing normal things.

With you both on this, respect has already been paid - no need to keep going on and on

Can see both sides of this

ISIS need to divide and conquer, a show of support, whilst I doubt they'll be using City vs Hull as a barometer of how it's all going, shows that they can't divide, let alone conquer

On the other hand, **** 'em. As @NOTBLUE says, keeping on keeping on will show that they don't scare us. Going to football matches is what we do

I wouldn't be joining in with it if I was there, each to their own though

Obviously it's an emotive subject....the fact that the Belgium game has been cancelled due to them, shows how much they are influencing normal life.

It's gone past 'sticking your heads in the sand' and not acknowledging they exist. They are the most financially fed 'Force' on the planet now. 2 million a day made from selling oil to Turkey alone...ignoring they exist is futile.

Standing together and showing solidarity...rather than just a minutes silence everytime someone is blown up or shot shows what?

Proactive, rather than reactive now surely needs to be the way to go?

7 minutes ago, RobinYourHood said:

Stupid stupid idea. Do you realise Isis are a faction created and funded by ours and the u.s government ? While your crying about "Isis" the government is restricting our freedoms and passing laws we don't even get a say on. Do you research you daft fools 

source?

51 minutes ago, RobinYourHood said:

Stupid stupid idea. Do you realise Isis are a faction created and funded by ours and the u.s government ? While your crying about "Isis" the government is restricting our freedoms and passing laws we don't even get a say on. Do you research you daft fools 

I think anyone who gathers their news from non agenda led media, has grasped the origins of Isis and how it is funded...people aren't stupid....however, knowledge is power...but what are you or I going to be able to do about it? Those in power hold the keys to all sources needed. It's gone way too far now for 'people' to do anything. Order from Chaos is what they are after....so they can impose even greater laws under the banner of 'peace and security'.

Governments will tell you it's for your own protection...so people will follow like sheep.

It's happening in all walks of life now....obey 'our rules' for your owns safety.

8 minutes ago, spudski said:

I think anyone who gathers their news from non agenda led media, has grasped the origins of Isis and how it is funded...people aren't stupid....however, knowledge is power...but what are you or I going to be able to do about it? Those in power hold the keys to all sources needed. It's gone way too far now for 'people' to do anything. Order from Chaos is what they are after....so they can impose even greater laws under the banner of 'peace and security'.

Governments will tell you it's for your own protection...so people will follow like sheep.

It's happening in all walks of life now....obey 'our rules' for your owns safety.

I completely agree with everything you said then. You're right, we can't do a lot against the powers that be. But getting an anti Isis chant going isn't going to help the cause. How about we chant **** the government instead ? 

Ok I will try and articulate my point of view and what I think should happen and for why.

• A minutes silence is needed - in remembrance of those that have lost there lives.
  • A show of solidarity with the French is needed - Stand up, for the Parisians - maybe?
  • Messages of hate towards ISIS are not quite the right message IMO - messages of hate is what they preach, do we want to be doing the same?

Any kind of stand against extremism is welcome but IMO we shouldn't go and do it in the way they want which is spread hatred, although I agree with @spudski in that there's no point ignoring them - they are not going away and its not like everyone doesn't already know who they are so its not like were advertising them.

3 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Ok I will try and articulate my point of view and what I think should happen and for why.

• A minutes silence is needed - in remembrance of those that have lost there lives.
  • A show of solidarity with the French is needed - Stand up, for the Parisians - maybe?
  • Messages of hate towards ISIS are not quite the right message IMO - messages of hate is what they preach, do we want to be doing the same?

Any kind of stand against extremism is welcome but IMO we shouldn't go and do it in the way they want which is spread hatred, although I agree with @spudski in that there's no point ignoring them - they are not going away and its not like everyone doesn't already know who they are so its not like were advertising them.

Yes....you hate Isis...because they are like the Nazis....no amount of words are going to stop them.

They need to be irradicated....but I fear it's futile, as like I said before, they are funded by companies and governments from around the world...Oil for example.

I hope the club help with a visual tribute. A minutes silence obviously, but the suggestion of using cards to form the tricolour would be very fitting I think. 

As we're on tv we have a chance to do this and make potentially quite a big visual statement. I think it shows solidarity with France and is more a celebration of the country rather than chanting something that could potentially be a bit divisive, even if the intentions and message behind it are strong.

I understand the club is currently considering what would be the most fitting response, hopefully they go with this.

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Yes....you hate Isis...because they are like the Nazis....no amount of words are going to stop them.

They need to be irradicated....but I fear it's futile, as like I said before, they are funded by companies and governments from around the world...Oil for example.

In the world we live in you can get rid of something by hating it, as you point out you need to stop funding it.

But anyway were moving away from what I believe to be the point - which is what should we do for the Hull game.

13 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Personally I would rather not even acknowledge their existence.

4 hours ago, NOTBLUE said:

How about just carrying on as normal ,they want us to stop doing normal things.

All of us that lived through the worst of the IRA years will know that the best way to deal with these people is to starve them of the oxygen of publicity and, as far as possible, refuse to allow them to dictate how you live your life.

11 minutes ago, Pezo said:

A minutes silence is not needed. Did you have a minutes silence for the people killed in the Syrian bombing the day before Paris? No of course you didn't. 

I bet you are one of the sheep who've changed their Facebook profile picture to a french flag. That was/is one of the most grotesquely inappropriate things I've ever witnessed on Social Media. The speed and scale it spread makes my stomach churn, all to make people feel a bit better about themselves. Why is France/Paris any different to what goes on in Syria and Iraq each and every week?

Innocent people are getting murdered, it matters not one jot where they are location wise, the world needs to stand up to them as a group, not in self-serving ideological fractions.

Archived