IGNORED

No loans coming in (MERGED)

Tomo

Seems nothing is going to happen to day according to the Post .

( which probably means four or five new faces ! )

I'm ok with this , four or five weeks a tad risky but a potential chance for our squad players to get a game and then in January let's all pray that a) we have targets and b) we land them  .

If not we are one or two injuries away from a return to we all know where . ( except Mad Cyril , he won't know ) .

24 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Just 36 days left until the large transfer window opens. Lets all pray that Korey Smith stays injury free.

True, but his presumed deputy (Bobby Reid) has at least played for us before whereas if Frankie is unavailable I'd argue we are even weaker than if Korey Smith is missing.

We got a point away at Ipswich without Korey, but if Fielding is injured (or sent off) at any time in the next six weeks we will have to play Max O'Leary because we won't have any exceptional circumstances to make an emergency loan outside the window.

Incredible decision.

13 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

if Fielding is injured (or sent off) at any time in the next six weeks we will have to play Max O'Leary because we won't have any exceptional circumstances to make an emergency loan outside the window.

Incredible decision.

Surely not having a keeper would count as an exceptional circumstance?

19 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

True, but his presumed deputy (Bobby Reid) has at least played for us before whereas if Frankie is unavailable I'd argue we are even weaker than if Korey Smith is missing.

We got a point away at Ipswich without Korey, but if Fielding is injured (or sent off) at any time in the next six weeks we will have to play Max O'Leary because we won't have any exceptional circumstances to make an emergency loan outside the window.

Incredible decision.

As Max is registered as a Development squad player, i believe we would be able to sign a keeper on an emergency loan outside of the window closing.

1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

As Max is registered as a Development squad player, i believe we would be able to sign a keeper on an emergency loan outside of the window closing.

That would appear to be correct. If all professional goalkeepers are all out at any one point you can have a 7 day emergency loan renewable every 7 days.

Surely the league could rightly argue that we'd put ourselves in this situation?

When John Ruddy played his sole game for us when Basso injured a finger we also had to say his deputy (a lad called Thomas on loan from Fulham with no league experience at all) was also injured.

For me if O'Leary is fit we'd therefore be expected to play him..

• Admin
20 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Surely the league could rightly argue that we'd put ourselves in this situation?

When John Ruddy played his sole game for us when Basso injured a finger we also had to say his deputy (a lad called Thomas on loan from Fulham with no league experience at all) was also injured.

I think O'Leary would immediately develop an ailment of his own if the club deemed it necessary. 

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Incredible decision.

If Reid is Smith's deputy then who is Freeman's? And who is Pack's?

We are one long term injury away from a midfield crisis in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Ian M said:

I think O'Leary would immediately develop an ailment of his own if the club deemed it necessary. 

You're probably right. I think that is exactly what happened when Ruddy played.

23 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

If Reid is Smith's deputy then who is Freeman's? And who is Pack's?

We are one long term injury away from a midfield crisis in my opinion.

I didn't say he was his deputy, I was contrasting the option of having a player with around 80 league experiences under his belt and 8 appearances this season with on the other hand an 18 year old who has never featured in a senior game.

I think we'd be very unlucky to lose all three midfielders at the same time, if we lost two of them presumably Waggy would come into the frame..

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

The GK emergency loan regime doesn't only offer safety from injuries but also from suspensions which can only be at our own fault. 

I personally think the rule should change to tough luck either play a kid or an outfield player in goal. That would seem most fair. 

5 hours ago, CiderHider said:

would rather we buy a quality midfielder and striker 

I get what you're saying and in terms of buying a player I'd go for Kevin Nolan in midfield.

And why don't we tell Arsenal we could give Joel Campbell a proper run of games on loan?

Thomas Sorensen may also like a stay in the West Country to help Frankie and Max - after all it would be a nice break from the Potteries!

16 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I get what you're saying and in terms of buying a player I'd go for Kevin Nolan in midfield.

And why don't we tell Arsenal we could give Joel Campbell a proper run of games on loan?

Thomas Sorensen may also like a stay in the West Country to help Frankie and Max - after all it would be a nice break from the Potteries!

Thomas Sorensen plays for Melbourne City in Australia.

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

The Joel Campbell who has been starting recently due to the injuries at Arsenal?

The guy who papers said this about this morning:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3332649/Arsenal-forward-Joel-Campbell-one-best-performances-against-Dinamo-Zagreb-outshone-attack.html

http://talksport.com/football/cancel-his-flight-costa-rica-joel-campbell-impressed-arsenal-fans-performance-champions

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Yep that's the guy, he ain't first choice at Arsenal...

7 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

6 hours ago, 29AR said:

That would appear to be correct. If all professional goalkeepers are all out at any one point you can have a 7 day emergency loan renewable every 7 days.

1 hour ago, 29AR said:

The GK emergency loan regime doesn't only offer safety from injuries but also from suspensions which can only be at our own fault. 

I love the rules (Laws) knowledge on OTIB :clap:

We currently have 21 players including rookie goalkeeper max o'leary.

"No loans coming in" so what we have got has to see us through until january.

We have 4 players in on loan until january - when do they have to go back? is it the 1st january?

They may have to go back before we can either  - loan more players in (if we are allowed)  - or

sign any new players on, so we could be in a position where for our first game in january - reading away

where we only have 17 players (inc max o'leary) - not enough to even fill the bench.

And that is without any injuries or suspensions.

What is sc thinking about?

6 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

We have 4 players in on loan until january - when do they have to go back? is it the 1st january?

They may have to go back before we can either  - loan more players in (if we are allowed)  - or

sign any new players on, so we could be in a position where for our first game in january - reading away

where we only have 17 players (inc max o'leary) - not enough to even fill the bench.

They`re all on 93 day loans (except Robinson I think) so when they run out depends on when they signed. Cox presumably wouldn`t be allowed to play against Reading anyway. At least the next league game after Reading isn`t until the 12th (the cup`s on the 9th) so a bit of breathing space there hopefully. 

5 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

He's not first choice no, but he has appeared in Arsenals last 4 premier league games, impressing in most of them. You're deluded if you think we can attract players anywhere near his calibre.

Deluded to think we could get a guy on loan who has only played in 7 premier league games?! 

And he only started a game for the first time on 31 Oct 2015?

I disagree with you...

17 minutes ago, dunsteral said:

No we don't.

Baker is on a season long loan.

The other three's loans expire when they have been with us for 93 days, so the middle of January, by which time either their loans will have been extended or they'll go back and I expect replacements.

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Deluded to think we could get a guy on loan who has only played in 7 premier league games?! 

And he only started a game for the first time on 31 Oct 2015?

I disagree with you...

he's playing for Arsenal at the moment, we haven't got a chance. He scored for Arsenal the other day, shone at the World Cup last year. You are defiantly deluded if you think we can get him.

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No we don't.

Baker is on a season long loan.

The other three's loans expire when they have been with us for 93 days, so the middle of January, by which time either their loans will have been extended or they'll go back and I expect replacements.

robinson, cox, more, bennett  -  4 not including baker

Archived