IGNORED

How to create the world's most boring team...

reddogkev

Give the gaffer's job to David Moyes

Swiftly followed by Louis Van Gaal

and hey presto - the most uninventive team you could ever imagine!

I've been jumping between a few of the Champs league games this evening, after enjoying a similar evening yesterday,

and just how dire are Man Utd to watch at the moment?  We talk about the (lack of) atmosphere at Ashton Gate, but I can't believe how drab it sounds coming from Old Trafford.

Caught bits of it on the radio in the background. They are certainly taking a slating, given the nature of the group, for not seemingly at least having a go. Very hard for them now.

Which is nice in its way. Premiership has the best teams in Europe? My backside. Ours are now a country mile behind the very best.

I think it is laughable the hundreds of millions they spent and they still play like a load of strangers. Tonight was a shocking performance considering its a game they needed to win, it seemed like the players didn't have a clue what to do!

Van Gaal is doing his best on ruining utd they have lost their identity!

3 minutes ago, yardy said:

I think it is laughable the hundreds of millions they spent and they still play like a load of strangers. Tonight was a shocking performance considering its a game they needed to win, it seemed like the players didn't have a clue what to do!

Van Gaal is doing his best on ruining utd they have lost their identity!

Good. 

They represent so many shit things about the modern game. Hate them. 

46 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I've been jumping between a few of the Champs league games this evening, after enjoying a similar evening yesterday,

and just how dire are Man Utd to watch at the moment?  We talk about the (lack of) atmosphere at Ashton Gate, but I can't believe how drab it sounds coming from Old Trafford.

Russell Osman next?

48 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Sounded loud at the final whistle!!!

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Good. 

They represent so many shit things about the modern game. Hate them. 

Spot on! Fake fans who boo when they draw, God given right to win everything!

So pleased to see Leicester at the top of the Premier league as it gives us all hope although dare say one of the big boys will come to the fore as season goes on.

35 minutes ago, INCRED said:

Spot on! Fake fans who boo when they draw, God given right to win everything!

So pleased to see Leicester at the top of the Premier league as it gives us all hope although dare say one of the big boys will come to the fore as season goes on.

Really hope Leicester smash them on Saturday.  Vardy to score again and Mahrez to bag a couple.

Couple of guys in the office at work are season ticket holders at united and both wanted moyes to stay on. Claim when they were poor under him they really bad but when they were good they were fun to watch. They honestly believe that given another season and some backing they would have been back in the champs league with him in charge (I'm not convinced!) and they would be playing better football than under lvg.

The thing they say the most is how dire the atmosphere at OT is now and it's almost not enjoyable to attend.

I've never really hated Manchester United but I always despised the so called supporters who have never been to Manchester never mind old Trafford...  But they are despised by United fans who go to games as well.

I guess they are my generations Liverpool as I imagine those at school probably feel the same towards them.

42 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Do you not think it's actually quite sad that the biggest club in the world are failing to compete at the highest levels? 

They style themselves as the biggest club in the world. In reality, they have 6.4m followers on Twitter, while Barcelona have 16.2m.

Plus they have three European cups compared to Real Madrid's 10. And at the moment they are nowhere near Europe's best.

So using either global fan base or European achievements as the measure, I don't see how United can claim to be the biggest in the world. 

1 hour ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

Do you not think it's actually quite sad that the biggest club in the world are failing to compete at the highest levels? 

Apart from a 4-0 loss on the weekend they've been fine. I admit Rafa ain't the guy to topple this Barca side but the outcry since the weekend has been a tad OTT despite the performance. 

57 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Couple of guys in the office at work are season ticket holders at united and both wanted moyes to stay on. Claim when they were poor under him they really bad but when they were good they were fun to watch. They honestly believe that given another season and some backing they would have been back in the champs league with him in charge (I'm not convinced!) and they would be playing better football than under lvg.

The thing they say the most is how dire the atmosphere at OT is now and it's almost not enjoyable to attend.

I've never really hated Manchester United but I always despised the so called supporters who have never been to Manchester never mind old Trafford...  But they are despised by United fans who go to games as well.

I guess they are my generations Liverpool as I imagine those at school probably feel the same towards them.

I know a few who go regularly and the general consensus is the same as you describe. The locals hate the hangers on as much as everyone else. It's worth noting that their away support is still generally very good, as the tickets tend to get into the 'right' hands.

They can tolerate not winning, what they won't put up with is being bored. It really wouldn't take much for the crowd to turn on Van Gaal, I didn't see any of tonight's game but apparently there were a fair few boos at the end. Even under Moyes there wasn't ever open dissent in the ground. 

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

They style themselves as the biggest club in the world. In reality, they have 6.4m followers on Twitter, while Barcelona have 16.2m.

Plus they have three European cups compared to Real Madrid's 10. And at the moment they are nowhere near Europe's best.

So using either global fan base or European achievements as the measure, I don't see how United can claim to be the biggest in the world. 

Apparently they have 659m fans worldwide.... http://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/may/29/manchester-united-premierleague

10 hours ago, cider-manc said:

That last sentence sums it up for me

I was so glad when Fergie came along and said he was going to 'knock Liverpool off their ******* perch'. Plastic United fans today are no different to anyone my age who lives in a far off place from Liverpool yet bangs on about them constantly. I can't hate United for coming along and stopping their dominance. And quite frankly I'd rather United won the league than City or Chelsea who have only become half decent due to a massive injection of foreign cash - United paid for players by winning trophies, which back in the day, was the way of doing things

The Liverpool teams of the late 70s / early 80s done the same, they were the best English team I've ever seen, but I was so glad when someone else came along and started winning things

Archived