IGNORED

One Doubt for Saturday

Port Said Red

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/city-have-one-doubt-for-millers-trip-2820678.aspx

I would guess its Kodjia, he took 2 or 3 hefty blows and looked very tentative leaving the pitch early. Bit of a blow if so but maybe a chance for him to rest up and take stock wont be a bad thing.

21 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/city-have-one-doubt-for-millers-trip-2820678.aspx

I would guess its Kodjia, he took 2 or 3 hefty blows and looked very tentative leaving the pitch early. Bit of a blow if so but maybe a chance for him to rest up and take stock wont be a bad thing.

Not a chance. This is a massive game for us, he needs to play.

49 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

39 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I'd guess Smith, only because he got treatment on his leg later on in the match.

My guess is one of you is right

54 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Me too.

Perhaps understandably in light of the events of the previous week he looked off the pace throughout.

No sense in risking anyone who isn't 100%, we just don't have the numbers to lose anyone for a longer spell.

12 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Kodjia took a few hits and played another 30 minutes. My guess would be Korey as he took quite a hit and needed treatment. All guesses though. 

SO do we all think it's coincidence that our two most effective players this season were both kicked out of the game by Hull?

33 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

SO do we all think it's coincidence that our two most effective players this season were both kicked out of the game by Hull?

Hull kicked everyone. Wouldn't think they'd need to play that way with their quality but maybe that edge on top of quality is why they're top. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Hull kicked everyone. Wouldn't think they'd need to play that way with their quality but maybe that edge on top of quality is why they're top. 

If they didn't kick a player, they rugby tackled them on the edge of the box and took a cheap yellow.

I can honestly say I would be embarrassed and ashamed if we did that. If that's what it takes to be near the top of the league, give me a relegation dog fight every time. 

You dirty northern monkeys.

50 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

2 bookable offences by Maguire within 5 seconds of each other. Thats a sending off isnt it? 13th minute of the game, 

I said this to my old man after watching it on record. Both bookable offences in the space of 10 seconds, can he send him off and should he? 

I think someone else posted that you can't double yellow a player.  For example if the ref had blown his whistle and booked him for the first, the second wouldn't have happened.

Chris Baird should not have been double yellowed for N.Ireland.

As for injury, I think it is Kodjia....but he will start.

10 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

A red card can't be given in a phase of advantage, if that makes sense. The game has to be stopped immediately for a red card. 

Yeah, it sounds obvious when you put it like that. 

They were a dirty side though, I thought the Robertson challenge was worse.

8 minutes ago, BS30 Reds said:

Korey Smith did come sprinting back on to the pitch and didn't look to injured after that

Strange one that because he seemed to be slapping the ground in acute pain and was treated for some time.

He was similarly down injured in the Wolves match but went on to play at Bolton 4 days later.

Maybe coincidence or perhaps he's got a recurrent, if not serious, injury.

16 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Strange one that because he seemed to be slapping the ground in acute pain and was treated for some time.

He was similarly down injured in the Wolves match but went on to play at Bolton 4 days later.

Maybe coincidence or perhaps he's got a recurrent, if not serious, injury.

I think if he can move and isn't in to much pain he will be starting...

They have had a week to rest I'm sure he will be fine.

Kodijia took a few blows and think saturday will be physical. But you need them both for different reasons just hope their both fit enough...

• Admin
12 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I said this to my old man after watching it on record. Both bookable offences in the space of 10 seconds, can he send him off and should he? 

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I think someone else posted that you can't double yellow a player.  For example if the ref had blown his whistle and booked him for the first, the second wouldn't have happened.

Chris Baird should not have been double yellowed for N.Ireland.

BUT, if there is a bookable offence but there is a clear advantage the ref would wave play on - when there is a break in play he would go back and book him for the foul

In theory if there is a second bookable offence committed then both tackles would warrant a caution

As the example above shows - it can happen

36 minutes ago, BS30 Reds said:

I think if he can move and isn't in to much pain he will be starting...

They have had a week to rest I'm sure he will be fine.

Kodijia took a few blows and think saturday will be physical. But you need them both for different reasons just hope their both fit enough...

Yep, they're two very important players for us.

Every match is physical though and from what I saw Kodjia's knocks were 'impact injuries' - kicks and reckless tackles - which should just be bruises he can get over comfortably in a week.

Bit more worried about Korey if his was more due to overstretching, or tweaking his knee. It looked like they used the old spray on him which could keep him going for 20 minutes but perhaps seize up the next day.

The fact he's had prolonged treatment twice in successive home games is a worry, although I'm not sure if it was for similar injuries.

20 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, they're two very important players for us.

Every match is physical though and from what I saw Kodjia's knocks were 'impact injuries' - kicks and reckless tackles - which should just be bruises he can get over comfortably in a week.

Bit more worried about Korey if his was more due to overstretching, or tweaking his knee. It looked like they used the old spray on him which could keep him going for 20 minutes but perhaps seize up the next day.

The fact he's had prolonged treatment twice in successive home games is a worry, although I'm not sure if it was for similar injuries.

IIRC Wolves was his shoulder area?! From a corner he took a whack (or something in our box) so don't think its the same injury. But yeah agree knees or hamstrings aren't stuff to risk.

Although, this is a very winnable game and could be a big phsycological win as well and that just doesn't seem as winnable without him so as I said earlier if he's in minimal pain he plays in my eyes.

2 minutes ago, BS30 Reds said:

IIRC Wolves was his shoulder area?! From a corner he took a whack (or something in our box) so don't think its the same injury. But yeah agree knees or hamstrings aren't stuff to risk.

Although, this is a very winnable game and could be a big phsycological win as well and that just doesn't seem as winnable without him so as I said earlier if he's in minimal pain he plays in my eyes.

You're right, shoulder injury it was.

Different injuries is more encouraging for tomorrow as far as Korey's concerned.

Whilst assuming it's Kodjia or Korey because we saw them being hurt on the day, it may not be either of them of course.

There may have been less visible knocks sustained by another player against Hull which have been harder to shake off during the week.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

You're right, shoulder injury it was.

Different injuries is more encouraging for tomorrow as far as Korey's concerned.

Whilst assuming it's Kodjia or Korey because we saw them being hurt on the day, it may not be either of them of course.

There may have been less visible knocks sustained by another player against Hull which have been harder to shake off during the week.

That is true but SC said they haven't trained very hard so I doubt it was during training...

But I am sure we will find out at some point tomorrow!

I would be more inclined to take risks with players over the next three, very winnable games. If we got 7 points from Rotherham, Blackburn and Huddersfield, I'd imagine we'll be looking like a mid table side rather than one in the relegation scrap. If Kodjia/Korey/whoever then needs a rest, so be it. They'll be doing so with a bit of a cushion in place. What worries me is that we're playing three teams with new managers and there is often a reaction from the players

I personally don't think it's that bad a knock, I think SC is playing some mind games because the whole world saw how physical (and I'd hazard downright dirty) a game Hull played last week

Archived