IGNORED

Day/night cricket

BS5_RED

Anyone back in blighty see it? If so what did you make of it?

I was against the idea and was very worried about the pink ball. However I can honestly say I'm sold.  Pink ball help well fairly well, and the bowlers finally got some assistance from the pitch - this series has been played on roads until now.

As for the crowd - 47K. Largest crowd for a test in Adelaide since bodyline. Place was bouncing all day. The social area behind the members stand was rammed from 11am - I mean there were plenty of people who didnt see a ball!

(My hangover is raging tho. I'm not sure how i'm going to follow up today :blink:)

6982992-3x2-700x467.jpg

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2015‎ ‎11‎:‎15‎:‎16, chipdawg said:

I'm not sure we have the weather for it over here. Even in August, you're lucky if it's t-shirt weather at 10pm. Every other cricketing nation can do it in their summers though

Exactly this. Will never work over here, would you pay for a ticket to be outside at 10pm on most evenings in our summer! Buggered if I would

Test cricket will always be well supported here though, so we'll probably get away with it. For other countries, if it keeps the test match game alive then I'm all for it. Good luck to them

1 minute ago, Woodsy said:

Exactly this. Will never work over here, would you pay for a ticket to be outside at 10pm on most evenings in our summer! Buggered if I would

Test cricket will always be well supported here though, so we'll probably get away with it. For other countries, if it keeps the test match game alive then I'm all for it. Good luck to them

Agreed, but I do like the idea of going to a day-night test. Maybe we can have them in Ireland when we finally get test status. The weather should pose no hindrance whatsoever...

10 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Agreed, but I do like the idea of going to a day-night test. Maybe we can have them in Ireland when we finally get test status. The weather should pose no hindrance whatsoever...

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with the Irish weather......!!

I'm sure they'll try it here and I'm sure it would be a success, ticket, hospitality and especially drink wise. Could get messy!

Archived