IGNORED

Cotts now under pressure??

Londoner

Stevie Lansdown in my mind needs to make some seriously big decisions now, personally i would make a brave decision and remove Cotts asap and bring someone in for the January transfer window..

The events that have followed on from last season in my mind have been absolutely disgraceful and Cotts needs to take responsilbity for them...

what a bloody mess we're in!!

Ive still only just got over the guys horrendous and mind boggling transfer activity in the summer to be fair, completely clueless in thinking signing two or three players and nabbing a few loans along the way would be enough to compete at this level, writing was more or less on the wall for me in September..

I think a change is needed soon, no knee-jerk reaction at all i just have had pretty much enough of Cotterill now if im 100% honest. 

Do we know for a fact that our failure to improve the squad in summer was down to SC or were limits put on wages that meant we couldn't buy the quality required? I don't know the answer personally and something's not right now but we should be careful about scapegoating SC for someone else's mistakes.

2 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Get Nigel Pearson in while he is available!

If I thought SL would give him proper money for transfer and wages then I would go for him. Loyalty in football is a myth and so it should be. If a better option for manager becomes available then any club would be mad not to change.

However, I have said it before and I will say it  again. After last season Cotts deserves every chance.

25 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

Stevie Lansdown in my mind needs to make some seriously big decisions now, personally i would make a brave decision and remove Cotts asap and bring someone in for the January transfer window..

The events that have followed on from last season in my mind have been absolutely disgraceful and Cotts needs to take responsilbity for them...

what a bloody mess we're in!!

Seriously?? 

Ok, I obviously fell for this wind up!  

Come on perspective please...I do feel the summer was a disgrace in terms of the transfer dealings, but surely he deserves the January transfer window to turn this around and improve the areas we are lacking in. We know money is available and in my opinion a goalkeeper is a must, a centre back, a replacement for pack and a striker.

i think it has been mentioned that it is two years ago pretty much to the day that he took over, short memories considering the despair we were in then. We are no cut adrift and a couple of wins changes everything.

one thing i have noticed is that Kodjia hasn't been as effective since wilbs has been out, but what I equally don't understand is why a proven striker at this level in cox is not even getting enough sub time.

stick for me as the majority of this team and the manager gave us the best season we will ever have merely months ago

Brighton were near top and still thought they could improve their squad before the loan window shut, we were just above the relegation zone and we felt we could not.

Since the interview after the Yeovil friendly, we have been promised better players will come. The seeds of this disappointing season were sewn when the summer transfer window closed.

Archived