IGNORED

Cotts now under pressure??

Londoner

9 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

How is that aggressive? you must have had a sheltered upbringing my love

Well, to be fair, you only really post when you want to have a pop at the club, players, manager etc and you usually only give a "like" to someone who says something similar. I don't think it's aggressive but it is constantly negative.

Results have been poor. As awful as his post match interviews can be I've grown to like him. I think he's a good manager. Maybe not the one to take us forward but maybe the one to keep us up. I'm not sure January is the right time to give a new manager a bunch of money. The only thing is, we could go down. Well, if it's gonna happen it should happen sooner rather than later. 

10 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

Would the job interest Moyes, genuinely don't know.  With the stadium development nearing completion does the managers job look any more appealing than it did pre development?

Not if we're in L1

10 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Results have been poor. As awful as his post match interviews can be I've grown to like him. I think he's a good manager. Maybe not the one to take us forward but maybe the one to keep us up. I'm not sure January is the right time to give a new manager a bunch of money. The only thing is, we could go down. Well, if it's gonna happen it should happen sooner rather than later. 

Did you read my mind, Joe?

7 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Well, to be fair, you only really post when you want to have a pop at the club, players, manager etc and you usually only give a "like" to someone who says something similar. I don't think it's aggressive but it is constantly negative.

I wasn't negative last year ;)

28 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

However, I have said it before and I will say it  again. After last season Cotts deserves every chance

21 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

stick for me as the majority of this team and the manager gave us the best season we will ever have merely months ago

The sentiment is admirable but this sort of thinking could send us down. 

There should be no sentiment involved in the decision on whether or not SC can get us out of the mess we are in. 

14 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

No pressure on the back of one poor performance.

You can't seriously be suggesting this is an isolated incident. 

Here's my thoughts on this dilemma.

Cotts has certainly earned the right to have a go at this level but for how long does goodwill last?

Our summer recruitment, or lack of it, was an absolute shambles, a real cock up. Who's to blame is pretty much irrelevant but it can't happen again in January.

If you're SL, do you trust Cott's with a decent transfer budget in January or not? If it's not, then I would suggest SL needs to act sooner rather than later so any new incumbent can assess the current squad before the window opens in just over 4 weeks.

Last summer and the consequent moaning about 'quality' and 'budget' doesn't sit well with me. We offered £6M and £9M for players so he can't say he hasn't been backed.

Should he go? A few weeks ago, I would have come down firmly on the 'no' side but I'm starting to doubt his abilities at this level and am erring towards 'yes' if I'm being honest. Luckily, I'm just a supporter and don't have to make these decisions but 27,500 seats back in L1 is not a proposition I believe SL has contemplated.

Nobody on the forum really knows what plans, realistic or otherwise, Cotts has to strengthen the team in January. If only we had a crystal ball we could answer the question "should he stay or should he go" 

3 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Here's my thoughts on this dilemma.

Cotts has certainly earned the right to have a go at this level but for how long does goodwill last?

Our summer recruitment, or lack of it, was an absolute shambles, a real cock up. Who's to blame is pretty much irrelevant but it can't happen again in January.

If you're SL, do you trust Cott's with a decent transfer budget in January or not? If it's not, then I would suggest SL needs to act sooner rather than later so any new incumbent can assess the current squad before the window opens in just over 4 weeks.

Last summer and the consequent moaning about 'quality' and 'budget' doesn't sit well with me. We offered £6M and £9M for players so he can't say he hasn't been backed.

Should he go? A few weeks ago, I would have come down firmly on the 'no' side but I'm starting to doubt his abilities at this level and am erring towards 'yes' if I'm being honest. Luckily, I'm just a supporter and don't have to make these decisions but 27,500 seats back in L1 is not a proposition I believe SL has contemplated.

A fair and balanced assessment, sums up my thoughts pretty much. 

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

The sentiment is admirable but this sort of thinking could send us down. 

There should be no sentiment involved in the decision on whether or not SC can get us out of the mess we are in. 

You can't seriously be suggesting this is an isolated incident. 

Depends. You could say Fulham was appalling too, but bad performances seem to be the exception rather than the rule. Is it fair to link them? 

I can stomach the odd bad result/performance , as I always thought this season would be a struggle. As it stands isolated bad performances haven't relegated us yet, or cast us adrift.

The small squad worried me pre season, and with some signings in Jan id be optimistic we can avoid relegation with the current manager.

14 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Nobody on the forum really knows what plans, realistic or otherwise, Cotts has to strengthen the team in January. If only we had a crystal ball we could answer the question "should he stay or should he go" 

Well; if he goes there will be trouble but if he stays it will be double.

On that basis.......

6 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Depends. You could say Fulham was appalling too, but bad performances seem to be the exception rather than the rule. Is it fair to link them? 

I can stomach the odd bad result/performance , as I always thought this season would be a struggle. As it stands isolated bad performances haven't relegated us yet, or cast us adrift.

The small squad worried me pre season, and with some signings in Jan id be optimistic we can avoid relegation with the current manager.

3 wins in 18 league games and we're saying poor performances are the exception? Something doesn't add up there. 

I feel like we didn't really get what we deserved in the opening stretch of the season but there's only so long you can say 'our performances deserved better'. 

There's only six teams in the country with fewer wins than us. 

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

3 wins in 18 league games and we're saying poor performances are the exception? Something doesn't add up there. 

I feel like we didn't really get what we deserved in the opening stretch of the season but there's only so long you can say 'our performances deserved better'. 

There's only six teams in the country with fewer wins than us. 

It could and should have been more. That's sport I guess, but it doesn't seem to have done catestophic damage.

Another month I may have the same view you do, but for me it's nowhere near panic button time, let alone sacking season.

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It could and should have been more. That's sport I guess, but it doesn't seem to have done catestophic damage.

Another month I may have the same view you do, but for me it's nowhere near panic button time, let alone sacking season.

For the record I'm not advocating sacking Cotterill (yet anyway). Just saying that a 'but look how well he did last year' mentality whilst ignoring how badly he's doing this year is foolhardy and could cost us our place in this league. 

There is no room for sentiment. There's no two ways about it, relegation would be an absolute disaster. 

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I feel that he has too much trust in some of these players....

might not be popular but the likes of Ayling, Fielding, Pack and Freeman, for me, make too many mistakes at this level....

for me pressure on Cotts.

I would agree but in Cotterills slight defense, who could he really pin his faith in, loanees or youth players? Our strength in depth is quite frankly appalling.

Amateurish from pre-season with the transfer debacles

Genuinely I'd like to know what people think... If we played Rotherham away 100 times, how many times would we be spanked 3-0? I suspect the answer would be once or twice. 

The haters seem to have selective amnesia about the good performances we've been putting in for the last few weeks. Yes it's a bad result. Undoubtedly. But pressure on Cotts? Are we for ******* real?

We all were expecting aa win or draw today, like last season we seem to struggle against teams down bottom each year look at Crewe and Colchester last year, is it mindset r we not up for the challenge can we not raise our  game when we play weaker teams or do they raise there games more than us. I think Kodjia might need a rest he was in Paris when the attacks happend maybe it is affecting him, COTTS didn't get what he needed in the summer Maguire, Gayle or Gray and and Jamie Murphy have all shown they would have added to our team, would not be surprised if they went for Gayle and Maguire and they need a commanding midfielder can c at least 3 coming in, in Jan, but we can't panic.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Genuinely I'd like to know what people think... If we played Rotherham away 100 times, how many times would we be spanked 3-0? I suspect the answer would be once or twice. 

The haters seem to have selective amnesia about the good performances we've been putting in for the last few weeks. Yes it's a bad result. Undoubtedly. But pressure on Cotts? Are we for ******* real?

Of course he's not under pressure, only the simple folk think so :thumbsup:

Archived