IGNORED

Just leaving the ground....

Andy082005

6 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

You assume no one else will do anything. Don't let me near a sinking ship when you re the captain. Scary management style. 

How have you come to the conclusion that I think something that I've not expressed?  I've only expressed my belief that we will stay up with our current squad.  

You couldn't afford tickets onto my sinking ship, dunce :facepalm:

Make no mistake, this team is an utter abomination... Poor in all areas of the pitch, a non existent midfield, strikers that cant finish and a one dimension defense. It is equally as bad imho as the one that we were relegated with under SOD/McInnes. This season so far has been the odd glimpse of positivity amidst a shower of complete crap.

However two things that give me some hope:

1) The last two January windows have been immensely positive for us and we shouldnt write off Cotterills ability to bring in a few gems.

2) Unlike last time, there are teams we can realistically finish above. Bolton are in dire financial straits and imho certs for one of the 3 spots so that's two to avoid... Charlton and are looking as bad as us, Huddersfield cant score for toffee and although they may have twatted us today, Rotherham will be down there all season. In our relegation season we would have needed 55 points to stay up.. This year it'll be more like 47-48 mark my words.

3) Survive this season and there is light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully a season back at this level and the new build will see us be able to progress both on and off the pitch.

Times are bad but lets not throw the towel in. We've been in this situation so many times before and we've always pulled through (and if it does result in League 1 football again, we'll bounce back. We always have)

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It's nowhere near as bad as the team that went down last time IMO.

Couldn't agree more. We've played very well at times this season; Boro, Cardiff, Forest all spring to mind. The side that went down weren't capable of that performance level and didn't have individuals as talented as some in this team.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Couldn't agree more. We've played very well at times this season; Boro, Cardiff, Forest all spring to mind. The side that went down weren't capable of that performance level and didn't have individuals as talented as some in this team.

We played very well on a few occasions that season too. Palace and Cardiff home games, double over Boro, sticking five past Barnsley. I don't think there is much in it to be honest. The current lot matches that teams alarming habit of being dead and buried after 20 minutes.

In no way am I absolving our performance,  but for as long as I've been following City (a very long time) they've been able to lift themselves when playing good clubs, but have performed shockingly against weaker opponents. 

I have no idea why this is. I can only assume that all this guff that our players come out with in interviews along the lines of "we don't take anyone for granted" is complete bullcrap.  

20 hours ago, Taz said:

The trouble is we don't have that much of a squad to replace them with. Possibly why some are so comfortable!!!

Prices in January windows are always inflated, and this year we are going to find that out the hard way. Serious quality is needed, whilst hopefully the league position doesn't put any potential signings off.

Always believe....

I know what you mean but we do have some options. Burns and Reid have both done well in their limited time on the pitch this season. I don't know why either of them can't be given more of an opportunity.

Cox and Robinson have both been brought in by Cotterill so he must have felt they could both bring something to the squad/team yet they have been non existent. 

I appreciate showing players loyalty can be a good thing but it can also have a negative affect when things aren't going well.

Get players playing for the shirt again IMO 

Archived