IGNORED

Just leaving the ground....

Andy082005

3 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

And this is exactly the attitude the players probably had. "Rotherham" a team under pressure and fighting.

teams like this have a habit of ******* arrogance in the ass. 

I meant it more in a sense of 'imagine how many we'd have shipped if we played that badly against [insert good team here]' rather than a 'we should only have to turn up to win this kind of game' sense!

8 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I meant it more in a sense of 'imagine how many we'd have shipped if we played that badly against [insert good team here]' rather than a 'we should only have to turn up to win this kind of game' sense!

Ok sorry misread that. 

Still think a lot of people do just expect us to turn up against some of these teams. This league is rock hard

54 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

A Daesh performance

I must remark of all the words that you could have used what on earth would possess you to use THAT as an adjective? 

When will you think before you post? You have time to think about what you are going to write, you then write it and you then hit post, and yet still you thought that was appropriate?

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I must remark of all the words that you could have used what on earth would possess you to use THAT as an adjective? 

When will you think before you post? You have time to think about what you are going to write, you then write it and you then hit post, and yet still you would thought that was appropriate?

Agree what a ****

21 minutes ago, 29AR said:

When will you think before you post? You have time to think about what you are going to write, you then write it and you then hit post, and yet still you thought that was appropriate?

Jeez fella get a grip, it wasn't  personal and you still bite, time for bed

31 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Ok sorry misread that. 

Still think a lot of people do just expect us to turn up against some of these teams. This league is rock hard

Agreed, which is why we should have had a squad of players ready to compete in this league sorted out in the summer, that's where our current problems have stemmed from, if we do go down it'll be our shite recruitment drive before the season started that is to blame, I think a relegation battle/struggle was our only destiny  this season given the quality we needed to bring in and what we actually have.

49 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Jeez fella get a grip, it wasn't  personal and you still bite, time for bed

No I shallnt. I perfectly understand it was not personal, but it's a turn of phrase woefully unnecessary and which might cause offence. 

Bystander, you you may be but this ain't Robbored talking about Gary bloody Johnson. 

12 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

That was the worst performance I've seen since we lost by the same score away at Sheffield United.

We were piss poor today but what annoyed me most was how piss poor Rotherham were and yet somehow we made them look half decent. 

It was a ridiculously poor game of football. 

Funnily enough that Sheff Utd game was the one time I remember Cotts coming out and really laying into the players in public, and said that such a performance wouldn't happen again. To be fair to him, it didn't for the rest of that season or all of last year either.

2 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

We seem to struggle in the few games we are expected to win (attitude/mental strength?) and our best performances seem to be in front of the Sky cameras rather that at a windswept backwater like Rotherham. Mind you City have always been like this, I remember going to Charlton in the 70's when they were bottom by a mile and hadn't won a single match by October and we managed to lose that 2-0, so it even happened to Alan Dicks. 

Seems to have been the way for years... raise our game for the big clubs, play garbage against the so called rubbish clubs.

To put it another way... same sh1t, different day.

4 minutes ago, 29AR said:

No I shallnt. I perfectly understand it was not personal, but it's a turn of phrase woefully unnecessary and which might cause offence. 

Bystander, you you may be but this ain't Robbored talking about Gary bloody Johnson. 

Reply to the guy in Swedish without friggin up... Your chance to shine, I know I could'nt 

3 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'd like to hear him give the players a bloody good dressing down in public if warranted, but he won't. 

Very few managers do these days and I'm not sure I agree about doing it in Public either. Phil Brown tried that at Hull and that didn't work out for him although I appreciate that was quite extreme. 

I've already read from some Rotherham journalist on Twitter that Cotterill was heard giving them a right roasting after the game so if that's true at least they're getting a dressing down although personally I'd rather see Cotterill do his talking with team selection. A few of these players may respond to being dropped for a change. 

13 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

Reply to the guy in Swedish without friggin up... Your chance to shine, I know I could'nt 

What on earth is your point?! The chap's English is far good enough to not have to use a very targetted phrase such as that which is not even (thankfully) part of everyday speak. You could only say such a thing very deliberately and particularly. 

36 minutes ago, Kingswood mask said:

He knows enough English to ensure almost every post is designed to antagonise and cause confrontation. 

Peurile or disturbing. Take your pick. 

19 minutes ago, 29AR said:

What on earth is your point?! The chap's English is far good enough to not have to use a very targetted phrase such as that which is not even (thankfully) part of everyday speak. You could only say such a thing very deliberately and particularly. 

I'm with you on this 29AR. It was a very strange and completely inappropriate phrase to use. I don't know why anyone would even consider defending it. And "it wasn't personal" is no defence whatsoever!

25 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Sorry, maybe a grabbed the thorn  and not the rose, you take life far too seriously 

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm with you on this 29AR. It was a very strange and completely inappropriate phrase to use. I don't know why anyone would even consider defending it. And "it wasn't personal" is no defence whatsoever!

God natt, min vän, du tar livet för allvarligt you pussies x

3 hours ago, Donkeeebles said:

Very few managers do these days and I'm not sure I agree about doing it in Public either. Phil Brown tried that at Hull and that didn't work out for him although I appreciate that was quite extreme. 

I've already read from some Rotherham journalist on Twitter that Cotterill was heard giving them a right roasting after the game so if that's true at least they're getting a dressing down although personally I'd rather see Cotterill do his talking with team selection. A few of these players may respond to being dropped for a change. 

The trouble is we don't have that much of a squad to replace them with. Possibly why some are so comfortable!!!

Prices in January windows are always inflated, and this year we are going to find that out the hard way. Serious quality is needed, whilst hopefully the league position doesn't put any potential signings off.

Always believe....

28 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

we are clearly in a pile of... I don't know if SC is the man , but we can no longer be any doubt the manager and squad combination is nowhere near good enough to survive comfortably . Doing nothing will get us relegated. 

That's where you are wrong.  If none of the teams around us, including us do nothing, then we'll still be a championship team next season.

For what it's worth, I think we will survive with the current squad.  I'd also like to see us make some signings in January, in an ideal world.

Archived