IGNORED

A serious reality check in Rotherham

reddogkev

We all know that was utter crap today, and we're all rightly disgusted by it.

But this happens.  After the superb draw last week, and the new found air of contentment and a growing confidence that we will survive, perhaps

we needed this dire loss today to snap the players, and most of us (myself included) out of the mindset that we will be comfortable.

Facing up to it, we will be in a scrap against relegation until the end, which means we are going to lose quite a few more games yet.

Buckle up guys and girls, we're in for one hell of a turbulent season; just hope we come out of it with our Championship status intact.

Trouble is, if we survive, which I think we will just about this season. Then what?? Another summer of aiming too high and ending up with FA only to struggle again next year?

a club like ours is looking to seriously luck out in the transfer market to make an impression in this league. I know Bournemouth did it, but for every Bournemouth there is a S****horpe, Yeovil,  Barnsley, Doncaster and possibly a mk Dons, Preston or bcfc. 

4 hours ago, milo1111 said:

Trouble is, if we survive, which I think we will just about this season. Then what?? Another summer of aiming too high and ending up with FA only to struggle again next year?

a club like ours is looking to seriously luck out in the transfer market to make an impression in this league. I know Bournemouth did it, but for every Bournemouth there is a S****horpe, Yeovil,  Barnsley, Doncaster and possibly a mk Dons, Preston or bcfc. 

I think there will be many a superficial player who will want to live in Clifton and play in a gleaming, finished AG. 

3 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

Yes reality check. Players like Freeman talking about winning 3 in a row and then being in the mix for playoffs need the smelling salts.

Bad timing, that comment.

Need to use yesterday as the kick up the backside for the next two games. We are gonna have games / performances like this along the way.  This is one tough division.  Disappointing that it was Rotherham as it closes the gap....a true six-pointer.

Lets get behind the boys next Saturday v Blackburn.  Could really do with three points...stating the obvious I know.

Going to have to be changes? Didn't Marlon pick up a 5th yellow?

Archived