IGNORED

MARLON PACK BANNED

thatchersgold

11 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

He's a key player,not easy to replace. Can't see the delight in one of our own players being unable to play.

Very interesting to see how we line up against Blackburn. What are the options, apart from change in formation?

Straight swap for Bobby Reid?

Ayling in midfield, Moore at CB?

Sign a midfielder on loan...(oops)

That is true at the moment as we have no other central midfielder to come in, however he should be easy to replace in Jan.

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

No that's not good, there's obviously a reason why the management and coaching staff don't think Reid is ready to start ahead of freeman. We're not privy to all the stats and running information they have and mostly just remember a key pass they made or goal. 

We really are in a sad state then if that is the case considering freemans performances this seaso

6 hours ago, HLR said:

Also people thinking Bobby will now get a game, don't hold your breath, Cotts played Joe Bryan in Midfield when Smith was out vs Ipswich - expect the same vs Blackburn as Reid is a totally different player to Pack

Bobby should be getting a game at the expense of Freeman.

13 minutes ago, j mizel said:

I agree that it's a good thing he won't be starting. Marlon Pack does not work in our 5-3-2 system. He's too slow, pace and play wise.

Much more likely to get a result without him IMO.

So who would you play instead?

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Wagstaff, never lets us down, has way more energy than Pack and more likely to grab a goal too.

Doesn't really play in the same position as Pack though, OE. 

We need someone to break up play and stop attacks going straight down the centre.

We're either going to have to play an entirely different formation, or you'll be seeing a defender in the Pack role.

Every time we have a blip in form a player is picked out as a scapegoat and unfortunately for Marlon it's him right now. I actually think he is a very important player for us and the thing we will miss from him on Saturday is his physical presence, without him in the middle of the park we might get pushed about a bit and we won't win as many 50/50's and headers.

I am not saying he shouldn't be replaced to improve our squad but right now he is the best we got and a hell of a lot better than some of our fans give him credit for.

We need another midfielder in January that will improve our squad and we won't be left short when we have suspensions or injuries.

Get off Marlons back, we will miss him on Saturday! 

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Got a feeling Harry and kite will not be best pleased with this topic

I have nothing to say that I haven't already said 100 times. 

Just gonna wait to see the additional pressure on our back 3 on Saturday and maybe cuss at the huge gaps that'll be down our middle. 

Most of our fans, sadly, don't actually recognise the elements required of the team and strategy we deploy. I'm fed up of trying to educate people. All they see is a guy who isn't the paciest who gives the ball away a few times per game and they have no idea of the significance of his role. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Liam Moore start in that position, am I right in saying he came off the bench to play that position? Personally feel he'd be more suited to the role than Ayling, if Ayling was to play there I think he'd go missing on a rampaging run and his defensive duties may not be stuck to.

I am also in the Bobby in for Freeman camp, with Freeman on the bench because Bobby seems to struggle in the last 20 minutes.

I'd bring in Bobby Reid, playing Freeman deeper, next to him. And put Korey Smith right in front of the defence.

Get the ball on the deck and play the quick passing football that was our main strength last year.

I'd also start Wilbraham. His ability to play with his back to goal will suit the system. He wouldn't have given away the penalty Kodjia did on Saturday, equally.

Being a man of Somerset, I have many times seen the affect that the strong apple juice has on those poor unfortunates such as the O.P. (Thatchers Gold).

In the most severe cases and especially when these imbibers are under the age of 16 as the O.P. so obviously must be, these imbeciles are so deluded that they actually believe they understand the game of football and that anyone gives a toss as to their moronic opinion on it.

To those people (note I do not use the words 'fans' or 'supporters') who have cheered Marlon's ban, or any other player's ban in recent times, I believe there is a team wearing a blue and white kit, playing in a lower league and based not too far from Ashton Gate who would welcome your facile contribution to their cause!

Archived