IGNORED

Lansdown - Change the wage stricture

Londoner

10k is not enough, if we want to ensure survival double it and get some proven championship quality in....whether they want to join or not, higher wages will make a difference

we will never be an established championship side if we cannot attract decent players at this level.

on another note, Cotts had no plan B at forest or Pompey...same coming into effect now.

it will be no good leaving it too late...Ayling, freeman etc....far from convincing st this level.

9 minutes ago, Londoner said:

10k is not enough, if we want to ensure survival double it and get some proven championship quality in....whether they want to join or not, higher wages will make a difference

we will never be an established championship side if we cannot attract decent players at this level.

on another note, Cotts had no plan B at forest or Pompey...same coming into effect now.

it will be no good leaving it too late...Ayling, freeman etc....far from convincing st this level.

Excellent: pay more AND get relegated.

Any more ideas?

Uncle TFR

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Save Adam Baker, the administrative personel an the ticket office. The rest should be sacked tomorrow including Bristol Sports.

I can't agree - get rid of Baker, and definitely the ticket office staff.

Keep Mark in catering, and Aizoon can sell the tickets as he's got nothing better to do in the week.

Uncle TFR

4 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:
2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Yep, we can only dream of matching the wages paid at MK, Huddersfield and Preston.

Excellent: pay more AND get relegated.

Any more ideas?

Uncle TFR

Difference is above sides have much bigger squads

3 minutes ago, TheRedRobin said:

Everyone is mentioning about the 10k wage limit but is it actually true?? If it is why the **** were we trying to sign players like Andre Gray and Dwight Gayle.

The one person I know who works  with Bristol city and other clubs was adamant we have a 10k budget. He said at the end of last season we would be heavily reliant on loans....he was spot on.

4 minutes ago, TheRedRobin said:

Everyone is mentioning about the 10k wage limit but is it actually true?? If it is why the **** were we trying to sign players like Andre Gray and Dwight Gayle.

It's like going into a car showroom with ten quid in your wallet and asking to have a look at a Bentley. No intention of actually buying it.

Quite an irony

Steve Lansdown runs on of the most successful businesses in Europe, and one of the greatest British success stories in the last two decades with HL now worth around £6bn and his own fortune enough to see him in Forbes.

Yet when it comes to Bristol City he doesn't know his arse from his elbow!

Perhaps I will be controversial and say that possibly its Lansdown that's the problem. We aren't no better off than when he turned up , possibly worse as we now don't even own the stadium. Does he stick his oar in too much or does he just employ all the wrong people who don't really know anything about football? 

Yes lets pay silly wages for average players, after all that worked so well last time we were in the Championship... oh... wait a minute... no it didn't.

Point is at start of the summer, Cotts, Bert & Co new the wage structure we were trying to operate it and I'm sure there were players available that would have improved our squad within that budget... take Clucas from Chesterfield for example, who Hull snapped up. Tavernier should have been a no-brainer to sign up too, with Little's injury.

Without doubt we now need to strengthen in Jan to avoid going down, just not sure players will want to come here and play for Cotts tbh.

10 minutes ago, Turbored said:

Perhaps I will be controversial and say that possibly its Lansdown that's the problem. We aren't no better off than when he turned up , possibly worse as we now don't even own the stadium. Does he stick his oar in too much or does he just employ all the wrong people who don't really know anything about football? 

Look at the stadium now and when he took over. 

Anyone else hear the post match caller on RB who shared a cab to the ground. For Fulham game with a Burnley scout - stated scout told him Baker was costing us 40k a week taking into account loan fee and wages - said our chairman is spending the money but players don't want to come to us 

it's been said before - before all the 'Everything is great suspects' had a coronary

29 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Yes lets pay silly wages for average players, after all that worked so well last time we were in the Championship... oh... wait a minute... no it didn't.

Point is at start of the summer, Cotts, Bert & Co new the wage structure we were trying to operate it and I'm sure there were players available that would have improved our squad within that budget... take Clucas from Chesterfield for example, who Hull snapped up. Tavernier should have been a no-brainer to sign up too, with Little's injury.

Without doubt we now need to strengthen in Jan to avoid going down, just not sure players will want to come here and play for Cotts tbh.

OK, I take my share of responsibility but so must Stephen Lansdown.

For many a season now I've felt the BCFC managers are working in a vacuum and  there is a need for a strong character who can get the best out of the managers and drive them to optimum performance. The summer transfer policy was much too wishy washy and the excuses trotted out were totally unconvincing.  Burt and Pelling were not up to the job and Steve Cotterill needs to be working alongside a chief executive who leads him and inspires him with confidence. The outbursts we hear on Radio Bristol are clear evidence that he needs help to make the step up to Championship class and my guess is he knows it too. 

These corporate types like Andrew Billingham and Martin Griffiths have impressive profiles but they seem to be leaving Steve Cotterill, by far the most important manager in their group of companies, to flounder . 

Archived