IGNORED

Atyeo Noise Today

Davefevs

40 minutes ago, Chessels Chap said:

Took my seven year old daughter to her first game on Saturday, sat in the Lower Dolman right next to the wall by the Atyeo. Brilliant effort from all in there, she absolutely loved the atmosphere and delighted my good lady all day yesterday by endlessly bellowing out "Frankie Fielding's in the building...". Keep up the good work Harry and all, it makes a huge difference.

Were you bouncing the little girl on your knee in time with the chanting

Was shocked and appalled by your antics on Saturday Harry. Noise and atmosphere has no place in a football stadium. More like a zoo if I'm honest. And all that running up and down might wear the yellow paint off the steps. If there was a fire we'd be doomed. I'll be moving my ST to the Dolman for a far better experience of sitting down so I can watch the game in peace.  

49 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Were you bouncing the little girl on your knee in time with the chanting

Yep, that was me mate. She thought the singing and flags were brilliant and, to be honest, in terms of the experience of her first match, more than made up for the defeat. So, match that up againts jobsworth stewards and see just what a benefit an atmosphere like that can bring to the Gate. Great effort all round...

14 hours ago, Harry said:

Sadly the stewards decided they wanted to speak to me and advise me that I shouldn't be running up and down the stands trying to gee people up to sing, and that we shouldn't be carrying the Flint/Fielding two-poles around the stand. 

One steward (our bespectacled friend) advised me that the police were watching me. My behaviour was apparently not conducive to health and safety regulations. 

After such a positive meeting on Wednesday with Bristol Sport, unfortunately the same attitude is still not being adopted by the stewards on the Saturday. 

So, thought I'd better pop on here and apologise to anyone who didn't appreciate me and the other lads trying to generate noise yesterday. How selfish of us to behave in such a manner. Don't worry, won't happen again. Next game I don't want to be threatened with ejection so I'll just sit down and shut up. 

Do the stewards ever listen to anything Bristol Sport says or are they all sad little Hitlers?

11 minutes ago, Chessels Chap said:

Yep, that was me mate. She thought the singing and flags were brilliant and, to be honest, in terms of the experience of her first match, more than made up for the defeat. So, match that up againts jobsworth stewards and see just what a benefit an atmosphere like that can bring to the Gate. Great effort all round...

Well she certainly seemed to be enjoying it,and that's it now hooked for life,she'll thank you one day .

• Admin
13 hours ago, Harry said:

Forgot to add. Our bespectacled steward friend, upon me stating that the atmosphere picked up when we were moving around geeing it up, came out with this rather inane statement. 

"You don't see Liverpool fans having to run around the stand to sing". 

My response needs no explanation.....

He is continuing to be a prize twat !

Was he stood by the stairs in the Atyeo - from A block noticed a steward that seemed to be fixated with a certain area of the stand - seemingly continously talking into his radio and pointing across

I did like the dance moves with the flag, it was one of very few highlights from Saturday !

Great effort Harry, really rallied the rest of us into getting behind the team.

I really hope you can continue to do what you're doing, you're not doing anything wrong in my eyes...surely this steward in question wasn't being serious?

You've proven yourself to me and many others more than once this season (I remember your witty banter at the Fulham game) that you command people's respect, I seriously think if given a megaphone you would get even more involved further afield beyond section 82, got to be worth a try hasn't it?

3 hours ago, Chessels Chap said:

Took my seven year old daughter to her first game on Saturday, sat in the Lower Dolman right next to the wall by the Atyeo. Brilliant effort from all in there, she absolutely loved the atmosphere and delighted my good lady all day yesterday by endlessly bellowing out "Frankie Fielding's in the building...". Keep up the good work Harry and all, it makes a huge difference.

If Saturday's antics result in just one new recruit to the ranks of the faithful, then it was clearly worth it ! 

19 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Or not!

She's a Bristolian, who else is she going to support?!!

There is a serious point here as well - she went as part of her City 7's membership (great initiative from the Club) and was captivated by the colour and atmosphere. It plays a huge part in the match day experience and Bristol Sport need to ensure that the stewards are trained to recognise that too.

She also couldn't quite get her head around why our fans were so noisy and Blackburn's so quiet despite them winning...

1 hour ago, Leroyfromthestart said:

Great effort Harry, really rallied the rest of us into getting behind the team.

I really hope you can continue to do what you're doing, you're not doing anything wrong in my eyes...surely this steward in question wasn't being serious?

You've proven yourself to me and many others more than once this season (I remember your witty banter at the Fulham game) that you command people's respect, I seriously think if given a megaphone you would get even more involved further afield beyond section 82, got to be worth a try hasn't it?

With a mouth that big Harry doesn't need a megaphone 

I don't wish to drop any particular steward in it,but I would like to ask how,in these times of heightened security, did two people manage to blatantly flaunt an established football law of the land?Just how did those two ladies manage to get to the back of the Atyeo still holding their pints of beer?

I would have thought after last weeks meeting with Bristol sport they would have reminded the steward in question that this is a relaxed attitude part of the stadium and to be fair fans did avoid bringing the subject up at this meeting about the stewards it was Bristol sport who asked after hearing about the problems.

20 minutes ago, Ohbasso said:

Most of the stewards seem fine but that one with the glasses as mentioned before always seems intent on causing friction between the fans and stewards, couldn't the club just move him to another stand?

Oi! We don`t want the bugger in the SS! Stick him in with the away fans, see how he gets on then.

21 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Were you the lad wearing a hat?

Brilliant stuff though fella, really did keep the noise going and if anything, more people joined in. Fair shout to you! 

Shame about the stewards, utter bollocks.

No. Hat man posts as Enclosure Surge. 

12 hours ago, Chessels Chap said:

Thanks to all of you for your positive comments, and don't worry, the noise will continue. 

I wanted to pick out Chessels Chaps comments though. 

It is exactly this reason why we need to carry on doing what we are trying to do. When I first attended Ashton Gate in the 80's it was the atmosphere, banter and camaraderie that got me hooked. I'm sure we all have different reasons for loving the game but I'd imagine for a lot of folks, the noise and vibrancy is one of the top ranking reasons. Without it a football stadium can be a rather dull place. 

I love the fact that Chessels' little girl had a great time. This is what it's all about. Have fun, make noise, enjoy ourselves and hopefully encourage others to support our amazing football club. 

I just wish the authorities could understand this, but it's a constant uphill struggle. The battle continues though, and we will prevail. 

9 hours ago, Slacker said:

I don't wish to drop any particular steward in it,but I would like to ask how,in these times of heightened security, did two people manage to blatantly flaunt an established football law of the land?Just how did those two ladies manage to get to the back of the Atyeo still holding their pints of beer?

They also allowed 3 blokes in the lower dolman to stand throughout the game. The stewards are not as good as they think they are. 

My favourite on sat was the guy in the hirerite top...Ian Brown style dancing, he was loving it!. 

I stand at the back of H  block and it was the best atmosphere since the east end.

as an aside, if we want this to grow then one area a lot of us could help with is financially...when buying some stickers, chuck the guy an extra couple of quid as It all goes into funding the flags and stuff.

I am really loving the effort put in at the moment ...fair play lads.

20 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I'm just disappointed that Harry never broke out his best dance moves.

Having drunk with him for many many years, I can assure Section82 that if you were to undertake a rendition of 'Sheriff Fatman' he'll be unstoppable.

Absolute classic! 

There's bats in the belfry

The windows are jammed

The toilets ain't healthy

He don't give a damn

He just chuckles and smiles

Laughs like a madman

Ladies and gentlemen I give you Sheriff Fatman

1 hour ago, BCFCS82 said:

Hi everyone

Try and follow us on Twitter if you use it, a new account @section82bcfc

everyone wants to make it a success 

thanks

Followed. Some good pics on there. 

Are there plans for anything at away games? I appreciate it isn't as easy to coordinate, but is there any possibility of the flags going on the road?

Archived