IGNORED

George Ferguson (Merged many times)

And Its Smith

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

Having sat in the council house on those countless occasions, I can confirm that other than a handful of councillors, BCC threw everything possible in our way to stop both AV and the redevelopment. And don't even get me started on George. . . .

What is  wrong with George 

16 minutes ago, Coombsy said:

What is  wrong with George 

Seriously? You can't remember all that he did to stop us selling AG site to Sainsbury's? He threw his toys out when Lansdown wouldn't sell him the land at a fraction of the cost that Sainsbury's were offering. He wanted it for his own means to build houses on. 

I'll never forget being sat next right to Steve when we finally had the go ahead to redevelop AG after several years of hold ups. George came over to SL and tried to shake his hand, like he suddenly wanted to be his mate. Steve point blank refused. I don't think I've ever been as proud of Lansdown as I was at that moment. George now trying to creep and be his mate, like we'd somehow forgotten all the rounding up of newt lovers etc he'd done for years beforehand, when we were trying to get Ashton Vale agreed. Simply because he'd not got his hands on the Ashton Gate site for his own gain. 

People have short memories it seems. I for one will never forget what he did.   

11 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Seriously? You can't remember all that he did to stop us selling AG site to Sainsbury's? He threw his toys out when Lansdown wouldn't sell him the land at a fraction of the cost that Sainsbury's were offering. He wanted it for his own means to build houses on. 

I'll never forget being sat next right to Steve when we finally had the go ahead to redevelop AG after several years of hold ups. George came over to SL and tried to shake his hand, like he suddenly wanted to be his mate. Steve point blank refused. I don't think I've ever been as proud of Lansdown as I was at that moment. George now trying to creep and be his mate, like we'd somehow forgotten all the rounding up of newt lovers etc he'd done for years beforehand, when we were trying to get Ashton Vale agreed. Simply because he'd not got his hands on the Ashton Gate site for his own gain. 

Very well said Dolls:clap:

12 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Glad he did though. Ashton Gate is superb.

25 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Red trousers was and still is a knob...His support was nothing but a disgrace to this city and was out for his own end, Worse of all though the man is a complete hypocrite

57 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

I bet you fill better now you release that anger you been holding onto 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

Ashton Gate is, but Ashton Vale would have been just as good, if not better, with a higher capacity and proper parking for one. 

All things considered, I'm firmly of the opinion now that Ashton Gate is the far better option. 

Sentimentality and proximity to the chip shop wins for me. 

Stadium aside (and admittedly it's a big aside for this particular forum) We all know that George did more for Bristol in one term in office than Labour, Conservative or Liberal City Council has done since the war. The present mayor being no exception. 

I didn't agree with everything he did, and on all things football he pretty much pissed me off every time (yeah, I was at those council meeting too) But unarguably,  Bristol as a place to live, ended up being a better place after his stint as mayor. 

1 minute ago, Lord Northski said:

Stadium aside (and admittedly it's a big aside for this particular forum) We all know that George did more for Bristol in one term in office than Labour, Conservative or Liberal City Council has done since the war. The present mayor being not exception. 

I didn't agree with everything he did, and on all things football he pretty much pissed me off every time (yeah, I was at those council meeting too) But unarguably,  Bristol as a place to live, ended up being a better place after his stint as mayor. 

Feathering his own nest springs to mind. 

@Lord Northski he only did things if it suited him. The days he shut roads to have play days, why were they only on his doorstep? Why not  the run down areas of the City like Easton or Southmead or Hartcliffe? He also forced through a metrobus system that is never going to work properly on Bristols roads, the costs of which are still spiralling. 

I'm not going to get into a debate with you. The man only did stuff if he'd get some good publicity out of it or something for a member of his family. That's my last comment on him. 

16 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Found a bunch of them when my mum moved house, sadly had to chuck them but they were worth it at the time! :D 

Well you got your way, Labour got its core vote out and got Marv in. Since then precisely nothing has happened in Bristol, and all those who voted for nothing to happen can say "I did that" 

1 hour ago, Lord Northski said:

Stadium aside (and admittedly it's a big aside for this particular forum) We all know that George did more for Bristol in one term in office than Labour, Conservative or Liberal City Council has done since the war. The present mayor being no exception. 

Yeah a big white elephant called the metro bus! 

17 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Yeah a big white elephant called the metro bus! 

Yeah, it's rubbish, no one travels on it....

Next, someone's gonna complain that George invested in the Tobacco Factory which led to the regeneration of North Street, meaning that every house in Bedminster is now worth a fortune. 

10 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Yeah, it's rubbish, no one travels on it....

Next, someone's gonna complain that George invested in the Tobacco Factory which led to the regeneration of North Street, meaning that every house in Bedminster is now worth a fortune. 

Hmm. As someone who lived In the area before and after, I've never been convinced by this line. I'd say Aldi did a lot more to increase footfall along North Street and regenerate the area. The cheaper, decent quality houses within thirty minutes walk of the centre did the rest. Tobacco Factory seemed to me as a consequence of Southville changing, not a cause. It's a good venue, but to suggest Ferguson changed Southville has always seemed daft to me. 

I'm totally with Dolly personally. GF is utterly appalling when it comes to football. Remember when TF opened and football shirts were banned on match days?

Archived