IGNORED

Luke Freeman

Lew-T

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Harry FFS get over yourself, it was tongue in cheek, it's a pity that some people don't feel the need to show the same sort of loyalty towards our manager, instead of constantly shit stirring.

No worries Es. I just don't expect to come on a Freeman thread and find my views on a completely different player brought up in a negative manner. Don't worry tho, I'm over it. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

No worries Es. I just don't expect to come on a Freeman thread and find my views on a completely different player brought up in a negative manner. Don't worry tho, I'm over it. 

Well what makes you think my comment was even aimed at you?.

But my sentiment remains 'some' people are over precious in their defence of Pack but as for the manager anything goes and in any language and to be fair SC has kept faith with Pack, don't you see a little hypocrisy there at all?.

28 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Because that's not his job.

Every good side has a quality defensive midfielder, and unlike our obvious deficiencies in other positions, so do we.

Others need to score goals, not Korey, one league goal in the last five years tells you that..

In the first 45, I thought Korey got forward into advanced positions more than virtually every other game this season.  That's not to say he was gung-ho, just that we got a good solid base in possession in their final third, that allowed him to get into better positions.  Which is a positive for me. 

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Every good side has a quality defensive midfielder, and unlike our obvious deficiencies in other positions, so do we.

Others need to score goals, not Korey, one league goal in the last five years tells you that..

But Korey does get into great positions and should have a shot when it's on. He has a good dig on him but aways looks to lay it off. We do need others to score goals and Korey should be one of them. Our midfielders have the lowest shots on goal between them  in the championship.

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Might as well just copy and paste what I put in the other thread:

Freeman was poor again today. He did improve towards the end of the game and put a couple of good crosses into the box but time and time again he was caught in possession, gave the ball away and poor first touch.

There was audible laughter in the Atyeo when he was read out as MOTM.

Although not my motm either, that would be kodjia, he looked more like a team player today. I think he had tried to impress too much, and has forgotten he is one of 11 recently, and that has had the opposite effect. He was ok on tuesday but kept getting caught in possession. Think he learned from that and was quicker off the mark today. Should have had about 5 fouls that weren't called. 

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I think that's harsh but ovcourse that's your opinion. Marlon Pack for me was the worst player today, couldn't find a red shirt second half! 

That's hard on pack. Not at his best second half I agree but then no one else on a red shirt was that good either. He was very good in the first half won every tackle and made his midfield opponent look very weak, made a howler near the end of the half, but that was his first mistake all game defensively and he made the tackle that led to our goal so that evens that one up. Ayling was his usual good going forward poor at the back self. Remember pack has to cover for him and others. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Freeman looked more like the Freeman of last season, but not back to his best. Surprised he got MOTM, thought Kodjia who certainly looked rejuvenated just shaded Korey for that.

Good team performance though, we looked sharper, quicker and more more hungry today. Played with tempo and confidence. I enjoyed the game.

Isn't the MOTM decided by the match sponsor? Not necessarily the most informed decision. 

Probably decided by the wives of a few business directors after a couple of glasses of Chateau-neuf. 

2 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Look at Leeds second goal. This is what I mean about Pack's tracking, school boy stuff.

Same for Derby's 2nd midweek, Huddersfield's pen. He's too slow, which is part of the reason we tend to defend so deep. Saying that I thought he had a decent 1st half, but a really poor 2nd half.

I thought Freeman has his best game of the season - not up to last years performances but certainly getting there.

41 minutes ago, mcbcfc said:

Same for Derby's 2nd midweek, Huddersfield's pen. He's too slow, which is part of the reason we tend to defend so deep. Saying that I thought he had a decent 1st half, but a really poor 2nd half.

I thought Freeman has his best game of the season - not up to last years performances but certainly getting there.

If you take every game and mistake a player makes (Leeds was in August) and base your view on that freeman should have been dropped after Blackburn. I'm glad he wasn't cos he's improved and pack was outstanding at winning the ball today! So get off his back! 

7 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

If you take every game and mistake a player makes (Leeds was in August) and base your view on that freeman should have been dropped after Blackburn. I'm glad he wasn't cos he's improved and pack was outstanding at winning the ball today! So get off his back! 

No! He gave the ball away again today nearly cost a goal Frankie saved him, against Huddersfield he gave the ball away & waved the guy past him Frankie saves him again. Against Derby he actually costs us the 2nd goal.

He's not good enough! There's no other side in the Championship that would have him in their side & if we hadn't ballsed up the summer transfer window he wouldn't be in our side either!

BTW - Freeman should have been dropped a while back - Today was his 1st decent 90 mins of the season! 

1 minute ago, mcbcfc said:

No! He gave the ball away again today nearly cost a goal Frankie saved him, against Huddersfield he gave the ball away & waved the guy past him Frankie saves him again. Against Derby he actually costs us the 2nd goal.

He's not good enough! There's no other side in the Championship that would have him in their side & if we hadn't ballsed up the summer transfer window he wouldn't be in our side either!

BTW - Freeman should have been dropped a while back - Today was his 1st decent 90 mins of the season! 

Already covered this. One major mistake and one goal providing tackle. Evens itself up. He was very good first half. Are you so one eyed you can't see that? 

5 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Already covered this. One major mistake and one goal providing tackle. Evens itself up. He was very good first half. Are you so one eyed you can't see that? 

I said I thought he had a decent 1st half or are you so one eyed you can only read half a reply?

59 minutes ago, mcbcfc said:

7 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Pack was not lightweight today! Simple untrue! 

We played against a real footballing side today so the game was relatively open, Pack isn't the type of player who can mix it in the middle of the park and doesn't to me look like its a natural part of his game. We lack an older wiser head in there who can compete physically. 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It's not his job to be a prolific goal scorer, but he's not a midfield player whose job is just to sit in front of the back 3. That job belongs to Pack. Even Pack has managed 3 goals and Ayling 4 goals for City. Smith is like a not so good version of Gerry Gow who managed to score 48 goals in  375 matches for City. Pack and Smith combined have only scored 4 leagues goals for City, which is a major weakness, as good teams gets goals from midfield

Freeman's best game all season but unfortunately that is not saying much. Any other player playing as badly as he has this season would have been dropped weeks ago but SC doesn't trust/rate Bobby Reid over him. Freeman still plays with his head down & ends up running into cup-de-sacs before coughing up the ball. Needs to keep playing at a better level if we are to make it in the Championship & in January I would be looking for competition/ replacement.

Korey Smith was great again yesterday. Plays with his head up (unlike Freeman) can see & create space. Admit his scoring rate is minimal but unlike Freeman that's never been his job.

Pack was OK in the 1st half but woeful in the second. His passing was either terrible or completely over ambitious in the windy conditions. We really need some experience in that role.

The bottom line is that we have been found out a bit at this level. A number of players have either not stepped up or badly lost form compared to last season. Our squad is smaller & less experienced than last season. Some of the signings including the loans have not worked out. And the area where we look weakest is in midfield. That has to be a priority for strengthening in the transfer window. If not our survival at this level is going to go right to the wire this season.

11 hours ago, pongo88 said:

It's not his job to be a prolific goal scorer, but he's not a midfield player whose job is just to sit in front of the back 3. That job belongs to Pack. Even Pack has managed 3 goals and Ayling 4 goals for City. Smith is like a not so good version of Gerry Gow who managed to score 48 goals in  375 matches for City. Pack and Smith combined have only scored 4 leagues goals for City, which is a major weakness, as good teams gets goals from midfield

Agree with much of that.

However one of Pack's 3 was a penalty, so if Korey had taken it he'd only be one behind him...

some people's comments about pack are laughable. Saying he can't mix it in the middle. He won the ball in a 50/50 then realised a 'smith' like pass,sideways which then led to the goal. He's the only player in the middle that can compete aerially and I think people underestimate how much that helps the defence out. I think part of the problem is that smith needs to be more box to box, we don't need two holding now like we did last season as now our centre halves and wing backs are not pushing on as much. When Reid played in the middle a few games back he moved the ball through the midfield a lot better than smith does. Think smith has the ability and energy to do this rather than just sit in front the defence. With pack as well I heard on two occasions yesterday everyone moaning as usual why are we going backwards, again supporters that are clueless... Then again moaning when pack played two balls into the channells when Jimmy where running and obviously has the pace to turn defenders round, we then win a throw in each time by there box but no applause for pack. He's the only one of the 3 in the middle that has that range, I agree his passing off second half but the amount of abuse he gets is so harsh.

12 hours ago, redfieldred said:

If we`re talking about the misplaced pass on the half way line, what was Bennett doing playing a suicide ball like that to him in the first place?

He'd not have been my MotM, and people around me seemed surprised by the decision.

He played well yesterday, and contributed to some of our better periods of play.

That taken into account; it doesn't take a genius to see he simply lacks the pace to play in behind our strikers, specifically when we play with Wilbraham up with Kodjia.

At times Freeman would be in a position to burst forward, with Kojdia going ahead, only to simply be overtaken and forced to go back in order to retain possession, or end up losing it to the opposition.

He can hit a pass, has great close control, and his set pieces are dangerous.  But I just think if we are looking to really take advantage of the organisational work we've clearly done, and get the most from Kodjia, we need someone in the midfield driving is forward to link with him in that role, or another equally pacey or hard to contain forward alongside Kodjia going forwards.

Archived