IGNORED

Luke Freeman

Lew-T

Might as well just copy and paste what I put in the other thread:

Freeman was poor again today. He did improve towards the end of the game and put a couple of good crosses into the box but time and time again he was caught in possession, gave the ball away and poor first touch.

There was audible laughter in the Atyeo when he was read out as MOTM.

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Freeman was poor again today. He did improve towards the end of the game and put a couple of good crosses into the box but time and time again he was caught in possession, gave the ball away and poor first touch.

I think that's harsh but ovcourse that's your opinion. Marlon Pack for me was the worst player today, couldn't find a red shirt second half! 

2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

No idea how he got MOTM myself. Thought Ayling or Kodjia who both had good games were more likely choices.

We badly need a better option than Pack in midfield IMO.

Well, SL said "we have not replaced Wade Elliot yet and that's somewhere we need to strengthen", so maybe he realises Pack (although steady) is never going to be great at Championship level, simply too slow.

28 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

I think that's harsh but ovcourse that's your opinion. Marlon Pack for me was the worst player today, couldn't find a red shirt second half! 

I agree Lew, I felt very sorry for Marlon during that period. He just couldn't pass to a red shirt!

He didn't have a good game to be perfectly honest.

To his credit he has never stopped trying and always played in the same style, never hidden. Today h was a lot better, he looks fitter and stronger than last year but the midfield as a whole are up against vastly better opponents than last year, and it's showing a bit. I thought Pack fpr the most part had a pretty good game, but then managed to hit some of the worst passes I've seen for a while ! The punt through to their keeper has no excuse or explanation .

6 minutes ago, ciderup said:

I agree Lew, I felt very sorry for Marlon during that period. He just couldn't pass to a red shirt!

He didn't have a good game to be perfectly honest.

Don't get me wrong I think he's a good player and does some things well but some of his passing can be way off! Some of his tracking back is poor too.

What was that free kick about to the Rob Green? Just kicked it to nobody and aimlessly.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Don't get me wrong I think he's a good player and does some things well but some of his passing can be way off!

What was that free kick about to the Rob Green? Just kicked it to nobody and aimlessly.

Totally agree again Lew, he's not a bad footballer but I would be fairly certain it will be Marlon making way for this 'experienced' midfielder everyone talks about should he arrive in January. Korey is pretty much undroppable and deservedly so.

Here's the thing last week somebody started a thread about Like Ayling making too many mistakes and saying Moore should start and he got his wish at Derby and we shipped 4 goals.

But I will make a little wager to charity, I study all of the goals that City score and concede and my wager is that more conceded goals are down to midfield than down to our defence, misplaced passes, missed tackles, not getting close enough to opponents, backing off conceding acres of space, backing off and then either them or desperate defenders making ill judged challenges in dangerous areas, backing off and allowing players on to their shooting foot and of course not picking up runners.

5 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Here's the thing last week somebody started a thread about Like Ayling making too many mistakes and saying Moore should start and he got his wish at Derby and we shipped 4 goals.

But I will make a little wager to charity, I study all of the goals that City score and concede and my wager is that more conceded goals are down to midfield than down to our defence, misplaced passes, missed tackles, not getting close enough to opponents, backing off conceding acres of space, backing off and then either them or desperate defenders making ill judged challenges in dangerous areas, backing off and allowing players on to their shooting foot and of course not picking up runners.

Look at Leeds second goal. This is what I mean about Pack's tracking, school boy stuff.

Freeman looked more like the Freeman of last season, but not back to his best. Surprised he got MOTM, thought Kodjia who certainly looked rejuvenated just shaded Korey for that.

Good team performance though, we looked sharper, quicker and more more hungry today. Played with tempo and confidence. I enjoyed the game.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

Freeman looked more like the Freeman of last season, but not back to his best. Surprised he got MOTM, thought Kodjia who certainly looked rejuvenated just shaded Korey for that.

Good team performance though, we looked sharper, quicker and more more hungry today. Played with tempo and confidence. I enjoyed the game.

We could just save an awful lot of time and give it to Korey every week...

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Disagree with you completely, played very very well imo.

1 hour ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He wasn't bad to be honest today,got a feeling it will be another 20 odd games before we see him have another good one

If that comes to pass we will be in league 1 next season. I'm hoping City sign a good creative player in January to replace him. In time he might develop into a good Championship player, but we can't afford inexperience and inconsistency this season. 

Can't agree with you on that post

Freeman almost back to his old self and never hides from the ball

I was in the Atyeo and I heard applause not laughter when the MOM was read out

Credit due for the lad ffs

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We could just save an awful lot of time and give it to Korey every week...

Korey Smith is a good player but he's only scored 1 goal in approx 100 games for City. He gets into great positions and then immediately looks to pass the ball to someone else. If he wants to develop into a good Championship player he needs to work on this aspect of his game. 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

Korey Smith is a good player but he's only scored 1 goal in approx 100 games for City. He gets into great positions and then immediately looks to pass the ball to someone else. If he wants to develop into a good Championship player he needs to work on this aspect of his game. 

Because that's not his job.

Every good side has a quality defensive midfielder, and unlike our obvious deficiencies in other positions, so do we.

Others need to score goals, not Korey, one league goal in the last five years tells you that..

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

You can't say that about the patron saint of the ITK's.

Well done. Totally unnecessary dig. 

Pack didn't have a great game today but it was him who battled and won the ball in midfield then layed the ball wide which started the move which culminated in our equaliser.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Well done. Totally unnecessary dig. 

Pack didn't have a great game today but it was him who battled and won the ball in midfield then layed the ball wide which started the move which culminated in our equaliser.

Harry FFS get over yourself, it was tongue in cheek, it's a pity that some people don't feel the need to show the same sort of loyalty towards our manager, instead of constantly shit stirring.

Spoke to 5

Archived