IGNORED

Praise-to-Brizzle

Hillzider

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet but spotted this on the QPR forum.

Credit for everyone involved on Saturday.

A quick story to share from yesterday
For various reasons I got totally lost on the way to the station and, feeling increasingly wrong and virtually nobody about as the rain poured down, I asked a guy for directions. Turned out he was American, had been at the game and was lost as well . Whilst on a walk which resembled the Bristol marathon, it transpired that he was on a holiday attending as many football games as he could (he even used the correct term).For some reason best known only to him he had chosen our game and expected to pay on the door. Finding it was sold out, He tried, in an understandably naive way to negotiate the purchase of a "returned'" ticket nearer to kick off time, the box office staff were somewhat confused. However, when he told them he was on a football holiday from America, and he was fulfilling something of a dream, not only did they find him a good seat, they refused any money for it. City gained a new fan( I did point out that QPR were clearly a better choice) , but his already positive view of us Brits was confirmed. Well done City! It topped off a really enjoyable day for me. And yes, I did catch a train eventually.

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/showthread.php?191399-Praise-to-Brizzle-!

11 hours ago, RedDave said:

Has any Bristolian ever pronounced Bristol as 'Brizzle'?  Never heard it (other than done on purpose) in over 30 years living in the City. 

Think it is people from outside Bristol that use the "Brizzle" term.

However in all of my 55 years I have never heard anyone in Bristol use the word "Babbers"

31 minutes ago, candygram for mongo said:

Think it is people from outside Bristol that use the "Brizzle" term.

However in all of my 55 years I have never heard anyone in Bristol use the word "Babbers"

Yep, mainly trustafarian ******* from the South East who have taken over Montpelier, Southville and the likes.

Loads of broadsheet newspapers are full of articles these days saying what a cool place "Brizzle" is, *****.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

They had some fans put some distance in, seen on twitter about a guy that had flown nearly 5000 miles from the Cayman Islands to get to the game

I'm flying in for the Cardiff home game from Barcelona and thought that was a distance for the game

...from Barcelona you say? ...... that explains it, - you probably know nothing. :)

Just seen this posted on the QPR Forum:

A quick story to share from yesterday
For various reasons I got totally lost on the way to the station and, feeling increasingly wrong and virtually nobody about as the rain poured down, I asked a guy for directions. Turned out he was American, had been at the game and was lost as well . Whilst on a walk which resembled the Bristol marathon, it transpired that he was on a holiday attending as many football games as he could (he even used the correct term).For some reason best known only to him he had chosen our game and expected to pay on the door. Finding it was sold out, He tried, in an understandably naive way to negotiate the purchase of a "returned'" ticket nearer to kick off time, the box office staff were somewhat confused. However, when he told them he was on a football holiday from America, and he was fulfilling something of a dream, not only did they find him a good seat, they refused any money for it. City gained a new fan( I did point out that QPR were clearly a better choice) , but his already positive view of us Brits was confirmed. Well done City! It topped off a really enjoyable day for me. And yes, I did catch a train eventually

Well done to the club, great gesture!

On 21/12/2015 at 14:06, phantom said:

They had some fans put some distance in, seen on twitter about a guy that had flown nearly 5000 miles from the Cayman Islands to get to the game

You will find there is an OTIB member who does that several times a season but has to watch City each time, not QPR.

I think our guy wins it.

Archived