IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

2 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Just saw on SSN that 3 championship teams are trying to bring in Midfielder George Moncur from Colchester. Would be a decent option for me, brought up at West Ham and an eye for goal from the middle of the park.

I hate to say this but based on current transfer form if we are one of the three, we may as well pull out now to save face. 

(I'm still confident though that reinforcements will come in this month)

1 hour ago, ciderup said:

How about Jay Simpson? Played at this level before (I think) and banging them in for Leyton Orient. I wouldn't have thought his wages would be beyond us and still only 27.

People complain enough about the idea of signing league 1 strikers, brave to suggest a league 2 striker

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is the problem. We haven't the players to play wing back but he keeps playing 3-5-2 . One of the main reasons we went down last time was square pegs in round holes , and we're doing it again. Wes is not a wing back.

I quite agree.  I'm not saying he couldn't play there, as v Sheff Wed, but I'd love to see him up top with Kodjia this Saturday.  I think if the rumour is true, Cotts isn't thinking Wes is his answer up front.  Shame.  As someone posted the other day, he led the line well v Cheltenham last season in the JPT...and I've seen him do it for Wales u21.

Assuming we go 352 on Saturday, then surely Litts cones in.

1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

I hate to say this but based on current transfer form if we are one of the three, we may as well pull out now to save face. 

(I'm still confident though that reinforcements will come in this month)

As soon as I read 3 clubs I figured that we were not likely to be a favourite.  

1 hour ago, tts_city said:

I see has has hit the onion bag twice in his entire career, I would hope we could get somebody better than that, I would sooner play wes.

Mcaleny is still young and was on fire for Brentford a couple of years ago before breaking his leg. He's taken a while to recover but he's a talented kid. 

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Mcaleny is still young and was on fire for Brentford a couple of years ago before breaking his leg. He's taken a while to recover but he's a talented kid. 

You probably know more than i do Harry, but Cardiff didn't see him as a striker and Charlton didn't either? Think he played attacking mid at cardiff and on the wing at charlton?

56 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Off to Forest if Twitter is anything to go by, back on loan.

Here's an extract from FFP rules:  aren't Forest under a Transfer embargo?

The Football League has also confirmed the way in which FFP embargoes will operate for clubs placed under this sanction.  

Clubs will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have: 

•    24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club). 

Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience): 

Forest appear to have more than 24....but don't know if they are all classed as established

•    Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract). 

Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of: 

So who's leaving?

•    75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out. 
•    Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract) 

In addition: 

•    Clubs under an FFP embargo will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency basis (in line with existing regulations). 
•    Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay transfer fees or compensation fees for professional players. 
•    Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay a loan fee to another club, they may only pay the player’s wage (or a contribution towards it). 
•    For incoming players, clubs can only pay Agents’ Fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question (as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit). 
Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx#IUrgPEgQgOcRDxSE.99

Mcaleny is a very talented kid. He's still on the comeback trail really but Cardiff fans say he was very good for them last year. 

If it wasn't for his injuries he'd be in Evertons first team squad regularly. 

If we're looking at a permanent signing for him, that would be fantastic. 

I see him as a striker but best played wider in a front 3. Or in the AM position. 

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Mcaleny is a very talented kid. He's still on the comeback trail really but Cardiff fans say he was very good for them last year. 

If it wasn't for his injuries he'd be in Evertons first team squad regularly. 

If we're looking at a permanent signing for him, that would be fantastic. 

I see him as a striker but best played wider in a front 3. Or in the AM position. 

Huuuuuge statement. They've got a hell of a lot of attacking players. Barkley, Osman, Besic, Delofeu, Mirallas, Pienaar, Lennon, McGeady, Naismith to name just a few;) But almost any signing right now is a good signing. 

2 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Not heard much about him but you genuinely think he could be playing with the likes of Lukaku, Delofoeu and Barkley?

Might be in squad rather than starting.  Featured for them pre-season from what I read.  I can't pretend to know anymore that.  At 23, most players (not all) will have left a Prem club if they aren't good enough....so possibly Everyon still had hopes following his injuries.

Archived