IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

4 goals in 30 since joining Brighton gives the impression, and certainly from talking to Brighton fans...that he isn't good enough for a club at the top.

as for Kodjia, if the other poster seriously thinks he wouldnt play to championship level or equivalent if he left us, you are delusional 

4 minutes ago, daored said:

Only players I can see being targeted by other championship clubs are, Smith, Alying and possibly Pack as an outsider. 

Flint gets turned too often for me, bit can't doubt his passion, desire and commitment. Williams isn't a LWB so doesn't stand out, Kodja needs too many chances to score , Freeman hasn't performed to a level for a creative midfielder for me on a consistent basis.

Baker would be at a championship club next year, probably Villa but isn't out player

Pack? You having banter or what? 

Just now, Londoner said:

4 goals in 30 since joining Brighton gives the impression, and certainly from talking to Brighton fans...that he isn't good enough.

as for Kodjia, if the other poster seriously thinks he wouldnt play to championship level or equivalent if he left us, you are delusional 

To be honest i haven't seen Baldock play for Brighton since he left us and Kodjia would be a better player with better players around him.

I don't mean to be rude or condescending.....but a lot of city fans do not grasp how football works, or understand the game....same with certain other fans.

this isn't about shooting down people's opinions, it's about experience and quality, Pack if he left us would go to a championship club....before he signed for us  he had offers on the table from championship clubs, that won't have changed....he is a better player now than when he arrived and his stock will have risen.

he will go eventually to another championship club, if we go down it will be this summer considering his contract.

if you think otherwise you are wrong, and don't grasp how football works.

4 minutes ago, Londoner said:

4 goals in 30 since joining Brighton gives the impression, and certainly from talking to Brighton fans...that he isn't good enough for a club at the top.

I went to Brighton away and met up with several of their fans for a pint after, they said he was by far the best player they had seen. All we need for him to truly shine is to have people near him in the final third. Only the very very best can do everything on their own. 

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I don't mean to be rude or condescending.....but a lot of city fans do not grasp how football works, or understand the game....same with certain other fans.

this isn't about shooting down people's opinions, it's about experience and quality, Pack if he left us would go to a championship club....before he signed for us  he had offers on the table from championship clubs, that won't have changed....he is a better player now than when he arrived and his stock will have risen.

he will go eventually to another championship club, if we go down it will be this summer considering his contract.

if you think otherwise you are wrong, and don't grasp how football works.

Ok , we're all entitled to our opinion and i disagree. At the moment he's struggling . I'm not saying he won't get better because he's young enough but we could  do with some experience in the middle of the park to help them out.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ok , we're all entitled to our opinion and i disagree. At the moment he's struggling . I'm not saying he won't get better because he's young enough but we could  do with some experience in the middle of the park to help them out.

The whole team is struggling, and I'm sorry but Pack had a considerably better game than Korey Smith did Saturday.

Pack is a decent championship player and IMO would move to a half decent champ club....similar to Skuse when he went to Ipswich.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

The whole team is struggling, and I'm sorry but Pack had a considerably better game than Korey Smith did Saturday.

Pack is a decent championship player and IMO would move to a half decent champ club....similar to Skuse when he went to Ipswich.

One game means nothing. Overall ability Korey is a better player although different types of players. Imo at championship level speed of thought and a football brain is very important and i don't think Marlon's is quite good enough , although i might be proved wrong if he had better movement in front of him.

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

One game means nothing. Overall ability Korey is a better player although different types of players. Imo at championship level speed of thought and a football brain is very important and i don't think Marlon's is quite good enough , although i might be proved wrong if he had better movement in front of him.

I agree Korey is a better player...but if Marlon cut out silly balls that he can't pull off then it would change people's perception of him.

3 hours ago, Spoons said:

its not personal, just when someone tells you something you know is wrong I suppose you agree to disagree.

Anyway I blame SC, sign some bloody players!!

In @Spoons defence, a player can play in the same position but perform a different role.  I no little about Wallace to add anything to that point though.

Last season we lined up the same with Wade, Korey and Luke as we did with Marlon, Korey and Luke, but they were asked to perform different roles.

If Marlon got injured tomorrow and we lined up 352 v Preston, we would still line up the same but I doubt we would ask Korey or Bobby to play the screen.

There is a part of me that says that Marlon's screen means he almost always sat on top of Flint.  Why not let Flont come through and winning and then Marlon be closer to the dropping ball.  Ayling or Baker can drop off if Flint attacks the ball.  Versus Hull, had Flint attacked the ball, Maloney would've been offside.  I appreciate that is an isolated incident, but my old manager always wanted his two centre halves (we played a three) to win the long balls forward, not the centre mids.

Connor Washington has already scored 14 goals this season for P'boro'.

P'boro' have announced they need to sell him due to their low attendances, but have turned down three bids for the player from Championship clubs. The latest bid was three million today from Reading. A club spokesman on tonight's local news hinted he may not play tomorrow so won't be injured or cup tied should a big offer come in for him.

FFS lads. Let's not turn this thread into another one claiming Pack is this and that. We've had over 100 of those threads this season. This is a thread for transfer rumours. May I respectfully ask that we stick to the subject matter. 

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

P'boro' have announced they need to sell him due to their low attendances, but have turned down three bids for the player from Championship clubs. The latest bid was three million today from Reading. A club spokesman on tonight's local news hinted he may not play tomorrow so won't be injured or cup tied should a big offer come in for him.

Allegedly QPR have made a big offer tonight. Wonder how much, Peterborough get good money for their players.

Just now, 22A said:

I'd be amazed it we were in for this lad.

After all; we're waiting on the 'chain'/'cycle'/'dominos'/'house of cards'/'Ouroboros' or whatever garbage buzz word smoke screen jargon the club is using now to describe their unwillingness to get involved in the transfer market.

But don't worry, give it one or two seasons after this lad gets his move, increases his value, gets snapped up by a top flight club, become a bit part player there, and THEN we'll panic bid on him when this nonsense waiting-game that we seem to be the only ones playing each window collapses, and we're forced to try (and fail) to throw money at our problems.

It's the Bristol City way.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Allegedly QPR have made a big offer tonight. Wonder how much, Peterborough get good money for their players.

Maybe that will free up Jay Emanuel Thomas. He did well last year for Bristol City and they let him go on a free. Would suit our style and work well with Kodjia. 

On 1/6/2016 at 15:14, CityCity said:

48 minutes ago, Londoner said:

4 minutes ago, 22A said:

3m? That's ridiculous. 27 goals in 81 apps. equals exactly 1:3. At League 1 level.

How do Peterboro' manage to get such fees?

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

3m? That's ridiculous. 27 goals in 81 apps. equals exactly 1:3. At League 1 level.

How do Peterboro' manage to get such fees?

No, idea, but they do.  I think they just keep calling club's bluff.  But they do lose the odd player on a free too.

Odds have dropped from 20/1 to favourites for us to sign Zach Clough from Bolton.

https://m.skybet.com/football/transfer-specials/event/18773062

Bolton have accepted an offer. Reading around it is a surprise Championship club that has blown the competition out of the market with the fee offered. Player is reluctant to join said club. Sounds like us.

1 minute ago, Dynamite Red said:

Odds gave dropped from 20/1 to favourites for us to sign Zach Clough from Bolton.

Reading around it is a surprise Championship club that has blown the competition out of the market with the fee offered. Player is reluctant to join said club. Sounds like us.

Would be textbook Bristol city wouldn't it - turns us down and goes to Sheffield Weds or somewhere.

4 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Odds have dropped from 20/1 to favourites for us to sign Zach Clough from Bolton.

Bolton have accepted an offer. Reading around it is a surprise Championship club that has blown the competition out of the market with the fee offered. Player is reluctant to join said club. Sounds like us.

Is he a Bolton lad?  Perhaps wants to help the team, rather than help relegate it.

Equally; he is certainly a talent, so I would not be disappointed if we did somehow get him, though I think a certain Welsh Under 21 would be.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Would be textbook Bristol city wouldn't it - turns us down and goes to Sheffield Weds or somewhere.

At least we'd be making our moves before everyone else has finished for once.

11 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Maybe that will free up Jay Emanuel Thomas. He did well last year for Bristol City and they let him go on a free. Would suit our style and work well with Kodjia. 

***Nostalgic Dream Alert***

JET sitting just in front of a 3-man midfield, threading balls through to Kodjias pace and movement. Delightful.

I bet they'd even have an awesome celebration routine together too. 

Annndddddddd, back to reality...

Archived