IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

1 hour ago, chipdawg said:

Pearce and Wiggins for me. Think Pearce is a good signing, Wiggins Not sure about

Hope we don't sign Gladwin tbh, never rated him at Swindon personally 

Oh well.

1 hour ago, Doozerchris said:

Today is Tuesday, the weather is fine but cold, your next meal is Tea.........

Earl Grey not a problem.

Got home from work on Monday and on SSN; "Breaking News; Peterborough's Connor Washington is having a medical at Anfield ahead of a three million pound transfer".

Woke up this morning to hear on the local radio; "Connor Washington is having a medical at Loftus Road ahead of a £2.5 million pound move. With add ons, this could rise to six million".

Hmm; how much will PUFC get for the player? They signed him from Newport who inserted sell on clauses, so they'll get some of the fee. The player didn't ask for the transfer, so he gets 10% of the fee. Barry Fry has it in his contract that he gets 10% of the fee for every player P'boro' sell. Presumably the Agent gets a chink as well?

Someone please tell me how Peterborough get so much money for their players?! We get bugger all. Lita, Maynard, baldock, et al. Nothing in the region of what they have made yet those players have scored lots of goals for us. Is it that we are stubborn on contracts? It baffles me how we don't make more

9 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

Someone please tell me how Peterborough get so much money for their players?! We get bugger all. Lita, Maynard, baldock, et al. Nothing in the region of what they have made yet those players have scored lots of goals for us. Is it that we are stubborn on contracts? It baffles me how we don't make more

Perhaps we are not much good at negotiating or planning. Your anecdotal evidence partially suggests that. Hopefully, not least with Ashton, that is changing.

16 hours ago, ciderbeans said:

I said this last night, they have just got £2.5m from QPR for someone who has scored as many goals in League One as Agard did.

A lot of players who leave them are unsuccessful elsewhere but there seems to be this belief in football that they are foolproof in the market.

2 minutes ago, cynic said:

Nothing hurts more than the truth sometimes.

There is no getting away from the fact that we are in danger of going back into League One and, because of it, we can't compete with other established championship clubs when it comes to getting good quality players. The stadium, potential, etc etc has absolutely no bearing on players making a decision - why the hell would a decent quality championship standard player go to a club without a manager and in danger of relegation ? Desperate ? Daft ? Greedy ? We may get lucky I suppose.

When you get a kid with just 20 odd league games behind him turning us down for a basket case of a club which can't even pay their employees and when you get a third division player at a small club saying "no thanks", then the writings on the wall.

As hard as this is to hear - it's hard to argue with

'Bristol City agree radical ' Tombola ' Transfer Involvement'

Recently appointed Bristol City COO Mark Ashton has confirmed that Bristol City have agreed to join the new 'Tombola Player Recruitment Scheme'

It was revealed earlier this week that a random selection of available to sign professional footballers have formed a co-operative

The co-operative of available signings has now reached 17 and their identity remains a mystery

Mark Ashton has revealed Bristol City have purchased a raffle ticket for £100,000 and will eagerly draw their ticket on deadline day to see which player they have signed

Mark Ashton said that 'Following recent 'bumps in the road'  in the recruitment processes in recent months the steering group advising the committee overseeing recruitment have , following psychometric results, decided to follow this module- it will at least guarantee a permanent signing in this window , and we think it's a good fit'

Other clubs said to be considering joining the Tombola are Chester, Hartlepool and QPR who are rumoured to be attempting to negotiate purchase of all 17 'Lucky Tickets'

Mystery players in the raffle are believed to include Richard Foster and Michael Ricketts

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bingo-House-Raffle-Tombola-Drum/dp/B00AJMLG7K

1 hour ago, billywedlock said:

I really don't understand how we get to making (public) transfer bids to then be turned down by the player. I really have never heard of another club getting their targets so wrong. I know you cannot speak to the player, but it does not take much to find out if there is an interest or not from the player. It is getting silly now, surely these things can be handled better, as it gives the impression no-one wants to join us. The Dack bid takes the biscuit so to speak. You won't get Man Utd bidding for Messi if when the bid is accepted, the player says not interested. They bid because they know the player is interested. 

I think the summer of 2014 when we plucked the best players from L1 without any rumours or speculation leading up to the transfers must have all been a dream.

Archived