IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

Hi,

First time poster, long time reader!

Not sure why after 12 years or so of keeping up to date with City news on this forum that I decided to post but, here goes.

Just thinking that with the Matt Smith deal looking more difficult to get over the line that we should maybe focus our attention to Tony Watt? Cardiff fans really want him back but, haven't been able to for one reason or another and now he seems a little in limbo with Blackburn sniffing around. He plays the Wilbraham role very well and i believe would be a great addition to the squad.

Anyway, cheers! Good to be here!

1 hour ago, redpole said:

Maybe here's the striker we are after! 

image.jpeg

I knew we were desperate but I didnt realise it would  come to stealing a striker, im betting he is holed up in one of curbishleys clifton safehouses, the blackburn chairman gets the call from Ketih Burt:

5 hours ago, Kashmir said:

Hi,

First time poster, long time reader!

Not sure why after 12 years or so of keeping up to date with City news on this forum that I decided to post but, here goes.

Just thinking that with the Matt Smith deal looking more difficult to get over the line that we should maybe focus our attention to Tony Watt? Cardiff fans really want him back but, haven't been able to for one reason or another and now he seems a little in limbo with Blackburn sniffing around. He plays the Wilbraham role very well and i believe would be a great addition to the squad.

Anyway, cheers! Good to be here!

Welcome (as a poster) Kashmir. People earlier were suggesting that the Watt 'deal' was a bs story put up by someone with a fake Twitter account. I like your premise but, if others are correct, then I'm afraid we won't be signing Watt. Think he was due to sign for Blackburn today though, so I guess it won't b long either way 'til we find out. 

14 minutes ago, Scrumpy said:

Leave it there then...

On a side note, just noticed Wigan have signed two excellent players who'd step up to our league.

Morsy especially!

Just noticed that myself. Lot of talk about how good Morsy is on here and elsewhere. Surprised he's stayed in League 1.  

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

Welcome (as a poster) Kashmir. People earlier were suggesting that the Watt 'deal' was a bs story put up by someone with a fake Twitter account. I like your premise but, if others are correct, then I'm afraid we won't be signing Watt. Think he was due to sign for Blackburn today though, so I guess it won't b long either way 'til we find out. 

Thanks Southport Red.

A couple of Cardiff fans i know were raving about him and they were due to sign him for around the 1 million mark before the embargo. He's available, want's to move and wont cost the earth..seem's a logical choice to me! Just hope we don't waste too much time chasing Matt Smith without a result.

13 hours ago, Sniper said:

From our favourite site, so most probably a load of tosh, but you never know:fingerscrossed:

28 Jan 2016 20:12:15
A bid from Bristol City for adomah has been received. Initial enquiry was knocked back, however an improved bid will be listened to.

This is more logical than it was in the summer since we scrapped the 352.

I imagine if he was available there would be competition.

I would imagine (hope) that we are chasing 3/4 strikers with the hope one will come off.

If we haven't signed anyone by Monday then I am sure there will be all sorts of strikers thrown at us by clubs and agents leading up to the deadline as they all know we want a striker and they all know we have money to spend. Thats the time when potentially surprising players may come into play. As exciting as that would be though, I'd prefer we were boring and signed someone today and watched others panic on Monday!!

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Fulhams Dembele to Spurs for 5 million…………..loaned back till end of season.   Don't know if this  possibly puts an end to Matt Smiths chances of arriving at AG, or now that they have 5 Million to spend, they may go shopping themselves.

Well they've got Mcormak and Dembele for the rest of the season, so Smith still won't play. Increases the chance of Smith deal.

1 minute ago, Ivorguy said:

But if Smith isn't good enough in Championship for Fulham, who are hardly tearing up the league why on earth should he suddenly come good for us.  Yes, I know about last season but remember we and he had a fellow forward called Jet

Seriously poor logic!!!!

They have McCormack, who's being touted for £10m+ and Dembele just signed by a Premier League side....! 

The one realistic striker that I think would be worth going for would be Nahki Wells. Not a youngster but has the same amount of goals as everyones least favourite striker Jonathan Kodjia. Kodjia aint really the problem though it's the service to him. Had 3/4 shots and scored 1 goal, just a shame it was offside.

8 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

But if Smith isn't good enough in Championship for Fulham, who are hardly tearing up the league why on earth should he suddenly come good for us.  Yes, I know about last season but remember we and he had a fellow forward called Jet

Jet isn't good enough for qpr,hardly plays,so why would he be any good for us,as said above your logic is mind boggling 

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If Fulham make Smith available surely we'll have competition from other Championship clubs for the signature of such a highly regarded forward?

For some unknown reason you obviously don't rate him but what alternatives do we really have?, apart from the odd striker who might have scored a great goal on MOTD some years ago, in truth we probably need 2 strikers and maybe another midfielder.

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

For some unknown reason you obviously don't rate him but what alternatives do we really have?, apart from the odd striker who might have scored a great goal on MOTD some years ago, in truth we probably need 2 strikers and maybe another midfielder.

I don't rate him as highly as some Esmond, but I can see he might help to do the necessary for this season.

It concerns me that it would probably be a near 4m deal (1.5m fee (?) plus 720k pa on a 3 year contract)

I think we can do better for our money, as for who I'd suggest there's a whole world of footballers out there and I'd hope our 'player recruitment team' have a few options other than just obvious ones.

If MS signs for City I will support him 100%, obviously.

BTW, do you not see it as reasonable to suggest that it's not a given he will sign for City, should he be made available, and we might have competition for his signature?

If not, why not?

21 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

The one realistic striker that I think would be worth going for would be Nahki Wells. Not a youngster but has the same amount of goals as everyones least favourite striker Jonathan Kodjia. Kodjia aint really the problem though it's the service to him. Had 3/4 shots and scored 1 goal, just a shame it was offside.

It wasnt offside. But yes, the lino called it ( having missed 3 for Brum in 1st half ). :grr:

2 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't rate him as highly as some Esmond, but I can see he might help to do the necessary for this season.

It concerns me that it would probably be a near 4m deal (1.5m fee (?) plus 720k pa on a 3 year contract)

I think we can do better for our money, as for who I'd suggest there's a whole world of footballers out there and I'd hope our 'player recruitment team' have a few options other than just obvious ones.

If MS signs for City I will support him 100%, obviously.

BTW, do you not see it as reasonable to suggest that it's not a given he will sign for City, should he be made available, and we might have competition for his signature?

If not, why not?

Well Nog it is very easy to say there is a 'whole world' of footballers out there but our need is quite simple and that is that we need goalscorer's and need one or two and now and I don't see too many in our price range, that have a recent good goal scoring record especially one that the staff and players know so intimately and a like for like replacement for Wilbraham, for me it's a no brainer.

As for the highlighted portion you may be correct I haven't seen any interest in him from other clubs, however I suspect in their current predicament Fulham are probably asking over the odds for him and know that we are the only club willing to pay close to their asking price, as his contract winds further and further down so will the asking price, in our predicament several things rule one is players who can score goals and hopefully create for Kodjia, who we can afford and who want to come to us and maybe it's a case of better the devil you know.

But i'm interested to see your preferred list.

4 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Well Nog it is very easy to say there is a 'whole world' of footballers out there but our need is quite simple and that is that we need goalscorer's and need one or two and now and I don't see too many in our price range, that have a recent good goal scoring record especially one that the staff and players know so intimately and a like for like replacement for Wilbraham, for me it's a no brainer.

As for the highlighted portion you may be correct I haven't seen any interest in him from other clubs, however I suspect in their current predicament Fulham are probably asking over the odds for him and know that we are the only club willing to pay close to their asking price, as his contract winds further and further down so will the asking price, in our predicament several things rule one is players who can score goals and hopefully create for Kodjia, who we can afford and who want to come to us and maybe it's a case of better the devil you know.

But i'm interested to see your preferred list.

I don't have a preferred list Esmond - not that would you seriously expect me to - but that doesn't mean alternatives aren't out there.

There are reasonably highly paid employees at BCFC who are in situ to compile just such lists and if they've done their jobs properly they will have alternatives in mind.

New signings don't have to be from extortionately priced England, and we'd need to make MS by far our highest paid player as well as Fulham possibly forcing up the fee because our perceived desperation means they can. Plus the size of his wages will affect FFP, and therefore possibly impact on the quality of other signings, for the next 3 years.

If Matt Smith is still top of our striker wanted list after accepting all that, and after exploring all the possibilities, so be it.

Imo though our greatest need is for a chance taker who has potential to score 20+ at this level if we want to progress, because Smith won't, and Kodjia doesn't look to me that he'll ever be that man either.

If it's all about avoiding relegation you have to put the approx. 4m likely overall cost against just how much Smith's signing is likely to help to achieve that.

Iirc Pelling told us in the Summer that City's income this season would increase by about 3.5m compared with L1, so the likely outlay on MS, which exceeds this figure on it's own, is not something to be spent lightly, especially with so much of it being in ongoing wages which could be markedly reduced by an alternative signing.

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't have a preferred list Esmond - not that would you seriously expect me to - but that doesn't mean alternatives aren't out there.

There are reasonably highly paid employees at BCFC who are in situ to compile just such lists and if they've done their jobs properly they will have alternatives in mind.

New signings don't have to be from extortionately priced England, and we'd need to make MS by far our highest paid player as well as Fulham possibly forcing up the fee because our perceived desperation means they can. Plus the size of his wages will affect FFP, and therefore possibly impact on the quality of other signings, for the next 3 years.

If Matt Smith is still top of our striker wanted list after accepting all that, and after exploring all the possibilities, so be it.

Imo though our greatest need is for a chance taker who has potential to score 20+ at this level if we want to progress, because Smith won't, and Kodjia doesn't look to me that he'll ever be that man either.

If it's all about avoiding relegation you have to put the approx. 4m likely overall cost against just how much Smith's signing is likely to help to achieve that.

Iirc Pelling told us in the Summer that City's income this season would increase by about 3.5m compared with L1, so the likely outlay on MS, which exceeds this figure on it's own, is not something to be spent lightly, especially with so much of it being in ongoing wages which could be markedly reduced by an alternative signing.

Matt Smith will cost no where near 3.5 million for this season alone.

10 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Sadly we have 16 games left to save our championship status, we just do not have the time to bed in foreign players (for what's left of this season anyway) or lower league players, that is the reality of our situation, I don't agree with your figures but even assuming that they are correct it would be an incredibly small price to pay if he can score some goals and more importantly make goals for others to help us stay in the championship, available good strikers are rare like rocking horse shit and even more so at this time of year, we have long been down the route of signing strikers who were either good once or almost always injured, let's sign one that we know all about.

Archived