IGNORED

ALL Rumours for January Transfer window (Merged)

fly in the air

2 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Zelalem? He would be good 

That's the one.

Was he at Rangers for the season, or just until now?

Mentioned him back in the summer as one I'd love to have seen here; think he'll be an excellent player, either for Arsenal or some other top flight team.

6 minutes ago, Furious Custard said:

Middlesbrough have broken off talks with Jordan Rhodes. Supposedly wanted £50k a week and a big bonus and wage hike for promotion. Ridiculous.  

Mental. Saw on twitter the deal would have cost boro just over £30m over 4.5 years. Crazy money for the championship. 

8 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

From Stocky...

I'm told that @FulhamFC have told @bcfctweets that Matt Smith is not for sale under any circumstances. Story coming soon . . .

Stockhausen can't tell his Arse from his elbow. Absolutely conned a career.

10 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

From Stocky...

I'm told that @FulhamFC have told @bcfctweets that Matt Smith is not for sale under any circumstances. Story coming soon . . .

While the info might end up true, I'm not sure his track record is any more reliable than the rumours we get on here tbh.

1 hour ago, CliftonCliff said:

All fair points, Noggers, and I don't dispute anything you've said (although I might be a tad sceptical about the 'Flint as an emergency striker' strategy). With 24 hours left to deadline, I'm more preoccupied with the short term and as every hour ticks by I increasingly feel they can sign bloody Donald Duck for all I care as long as they get somebody in and he can score the odd goal, as current evidence suggest that without another striker we will be relegated.

Otherwise, for all our tidy play in possession and the plaudits from rival managers who say we're in a 'false position', we've still got ten outfield players out there who couldn't hit the proverbial cow's arse with a spade. Desperate situations require desperate measures. I'll worry about the long term implications when we're still in the Championship come May.

Fair enough Cliff, I'm sure something will happen striker wise very shortly, MS or not.

Btw, something to bear in mind with my Flint suggestion:

League goals 14/15: Matt Smith 12, Aden Flint 14. ;)

3 minutes ago, BCFC Jordan said:

Going after Smith/Bradshaw, the two I said we should have signed in the summer!

Hope we can get Bradshaw in, but don't have much hope after previous attempted deals.

Wages really shouldn't be a problem with Bradshaw, if they are, then we're really should just give up!

On Bradshaw I've previously been pretty lukewarm, as have concerns he doesn't represent an improvement on Agard.

However, at this point, he might end up being the best option we can possibly get, so might be worth a punt.

Got to say though; imagine he'll cost a fortune, as what with Walsall pushing for automatic promotion, and having pretty much no one in their squad to replace him, they'll need to spend money to get in a replacement.  I wonder if he might not want to move too, as he stands a good chance of promotion this year.

In al honesty Bradshaw doesn't excite me like others would, I think he seems a bit injury prone and didn't do much against us at all last season. BUT if we are going to sign a striker (which we absolutely must) then he is at least the sort of poacher we need.

Archived