IGNORED

cotts championship record

leadman

1 minute ago, Manon said:

So going by those figures a prediction of something like 17 th would be 'par for the course'. Not particularly inspiring, but right now I'll bite your hand off!

I'd bite your hand off for a last minute own goal vs QPR which keeps us up on goal difference!

No idea how true this all is (it is on Wikipedia like) but just found this little segment quite interesting:

Cotterill was appointed as manager on 14 October 2011 on a three and half-year deal. He won four of his first six games in charge.[30][31] Cotterill began his Forest reign with a 2–0 win over Middlesbrough[32] and a 2–1 win at Blackpool.[33] The turnaround was short-lived though as a run of seven games without a goal, during which Forest suffered six defeats leaving them in the bottom three at the turn of the year. Forest ended that sequence with a 3–1 win at Ipswich Town on 2 January 2012[34] and followed that with a 0–0 draw at home to Leicester City in the third round of the FA Cup. A 4–0 defeat in the replay[35] and two more league defeats, as part of six consecutive home league defeats, meant by the end of January, 2012 Forest were 23rd in the league.[36] From mid February, Forest's fortunes improved, starting with a 2–0 win over fellow relegation candidates Coventry City.[37] This culminated in Forest finishing 19th and ten points clear of relegation.[38] Cotterill left the club on 12 July 2012 following the take-over of the club by the Al-Hasawi family.[39]

Obviously a completely different situation what with him being new at Forest and having fresh input but maybe might give a little bit of hope to some of the doomers on here.

As for his time at Burnley:

In the summer of 2004 a decision by Burnley not to renew the contract of their manager, Stan Ternent, led to Cotterill being named as the new manager of the club. In his first season at the club they reached the third round of the Football League Cup, beating Aston Villa 3–1 on the way.[11] They also reached the fifth round of the FA Cup, beating Premier League side Liverpool 1–0 in the third round.[12] After losing striker and captain Robbie Blake and young midfielder Richard Chaplow they finished 13th in the Championship. In 2005–06 he led Burnley to a 17th-place finish, again having to sell his star striker, the club's leading goal scorer Ade Akinbiyi to Sheffield United for £1.75 million.

The 2006–07 season began well, with a series of wins. Cotterill also won the Championship Manager of the Month for October 2006.[13] However Burnley were dealt a blow in November when leading goalscorer Andy Gray was sidelined until February. Akinbiyi was re-signed in the January transfer window, but the striker was unfit and failed to make an impact.[14] Cotterill eventually left the club on 8 November 2007 by mutual consent, after earning the title of longest serving manager in the league with three years seven months service. He left the club in 15th place in the league having won just one game in ten.[15]

Not the most inspiring of times by the sound of it but solid nonetheless and seemingly handicapped a little by lacking firepower up front at times. I wonder what that's like..

3 minutes ago, roe said:

No idea how true this all is (it is on Wikipedia like) but just found this little segment quite interesting:

Obviously a completely different situation what with him being new at Forest and having fresh input but maybe might give a little bit of hope to some of the doomers on here.

He also says that to him that's his greatest achievement in management(admittedly said when he'd just taken over us) due to cutting the budget by so much. He was promised a percentage of the budget he saved which he only ever got a small amount of. This is why the fall out happened and why he left soon after dispite the turnaround 

39 minutes ago, roe said:

Wikipedia ; O'Driscoll had spent 5 months at the City Ground as Coach under Steve Cotterill in the 2011–12 season before taking over at Crawley.

2 hours ago, RedDave said:

I think I disagree with every single post you make !

His record in the Championship was requested. I have no idea how you get to 141 wins.

Apologies! I looked at all his games whilst he was managing championship clubs.

My maths isn't brill, it should have said 138 wins.

55 whilst managing Burnley

18 whilst managing Pompey

12 whilst managing Forest

53 whilst managing City

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apologies! I looked at all his games whilst he was managing championship clubs.

My maths isn't brill, it should have said 138 wins.

55 whilst managing Burnley

18 whilst managing Pompey

12 whilst managing Forest

53 whilst managing City

The question was his Championship record. Has he got 53 wins with City in the championship ?  

2 minutes ago, RedDave said:

The question was his Championship record. Has he got 53 wins with City in the championship ?  

Fair enough fella, and I just looked at the figure again, it must have been late! My maths was all over the place!

I meant to post played 373, won 138, drawn 108, lost 127.

I just thought his total record as a championship manager was quite interesting but I accept it covers all games and not just league games.

Cheers...

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair enough fella, and I just looked at the figure again, it must have been late! My maths was all over the place!

I meant to post played 373, won 138, drawn 108, lost 127.

I just thought his total record as a championship manager was quite interesting but I accept it covers all games and not just league games.

Cheers...

But you are including league one games in charge of City. 

His record proves he is a good lower league manager 

Archived