IGNORED

Can you hear the board?

Nomad

Seriously, when was the last time you heard the board speak about the things we want to know, you know, the future, pillars, footballing matters?

I'll make an assumption that they have SL's backing (as they should) so why have I heard jack from them. And if there is a 'Message from the Chairman' in the matchday programme I don't care - it's not enough.

The silence deafens me.

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

Seriously, when was the last time you heard the board speak about the things we want to know, you know, the future, pillars, footballing matters?

I'll make an assumption that they have SL's backing (as they should) so why have I heard jack from them. And if there is a 'Message from the Chairman' in the matchday programme I don't care - it's not enough.

The silence deafens me.

I was thinking the same. How many board members are there? Could we sacrifice one or two for some new players?

1 minute ago, Nomad said:

The owner is SL. I'm talking about the board. You know - the ones entrusted to run the club.....

Does it matter  what the board have to say? All they have to do is give us a football team, preferably one that's competitive enough to at least make a fist of staying up. They don't even have to worry about off field matters now, it's all done by Bristol Sport. 

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Doubtful - you'd have nobody to work the fax machine.

I'd heard Jon Lansdown was running the pigeon loft but 'Speckled Jim' has lost his match fitness and therefore has been a bit slow in delivering our contracts to players agents...

I think very soon we will have more pillars than players.

It would be nice to have some explanation as why we have only signed one permanent first team player in the previous two transfer windows, and what changes have been implemented in the current transfer window to rectify this.

As I see it, we are trying to compete in a higher division with a worse squad, that deserves an explanation.

18 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Does it matter  what the board have to say? All they have to do is give us a football team, preferably one that's competitive enough to at least make a fist of staying up. They don't even have to worry about off field matters now, it's all done by Bristol Sport. 

When things are not going well I think it a voice from the board is much needed. Just my opinion and if others are ok without then fair enough.

11 minutes ago, GILLI said:

I've noticed that neither Jon L or Steve L have tweeted for weeks either ... Probably burying their heads in the sand ... Jon used to tweet regularly ... 

Who needs facts when you can just make stuff up?

Steve Lansdown  retweeted stuff yesterday and his last tweet from himself was 5 days ago. Not exactly weeks ago, is it?

11 minutes ago, GILLI said:

I've noticed that neither Jon L or Steve L have tweeted for weeks either ... Probably burying their heads in the sand ... Jon used to tweet regularly ... 

Jon tweeted six days ago, I know that's a bit pedantic. 

To be fair, in most companies and football clubs you don't hear much from the Board until the AGM and financial results announcements. That's pretty standard practice.

I think sometimes we expect more access to their views than is reasonable?

Happy to debate this but I don't think any Board announcements would tell us anything we don't already know?

And anyway, when Steve L talked publicly recently about the summer transfer stuff he was accused on here of being a liar. So why would people believe anything members of the Board said?

I don't know why we should be expecting the board to come out and say anything, you don't hear board members of other clubs coming out and saying things, unless you are people like Perez or Simon Jordan.

We have heard recently from the horses mouth that the funds are there, and wages can be matched, for the right players.

Yes we all know we are trying to adopt a model for players under 24, but that hasn't stopped SL putting his hand in his pocket to bring in an unproven Ligue 2,26 year old, so he is willing to break this model if the right players are identified!!

My main concern is that SC has been banging on about players/funds etc for the first half of the season, and come the QPR game SL stated he has not been given a list of potential targets by the manager!

Whether that is down to SC or KB to provide this list I don't know! My worry is that maybe these 2 don't have a long list of contacts that they can call upon, we all know from others in the football world that  our manager does not have many friends, and at this time of the year he needs all the friends he can get!

P.s I know it is my first post, I am not Gas, I have read the forum for a number of years, I am just a concerned Red like you guys!

11 minutes ago, BCFC81 said:

I don't know why we should be expecting the board to come out and say anything, you don't hear board members of other clubs coming out and saying things, unless you are people like Perez or Simon Jordan.

We have heard recently from the horses mouth that the funds are there, and wages can be matched, for the right players.

Yes we all know we are trying to adopt a model for players under 24, but that hasn't stopped SL putting his hand in his pocket to bring in an unproven Ligue 2,26 year old, so he is willing to break this model if the right players are identified!!

My main concern is that SC has been banging on about players/funds etc for the first half of the season, and come the QPR game SL stated he has not been given a list of potential targets by the manager!

Whether that is down to SC or KB to provide this list I don't know! My worry is that maybe these 2 don't have a long list of contacts that they can call upon, we all know from others in the football world that  our manager does not have many friends, and at this time of the year he needs all the friends he can get!

P.s I know it is my first post, I am not Gas, I have read the forum for a number of years, I am just a concerned Red like you guys!

Good post mate.

I agree with you, as you'll see from my earlier post on this thread. But people on here called Steve L a liar when he publicly aired his views so he probably can't win from talking about the issues and neither would the board....

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

And Steve's 5 days ago? Or you going to ignore that your mistruth was shown up within minutes?

Mistruth ? 

Steves last football related tweet was on the 12/12 too ... The last 2 he did weren't anything to do with Bristol city ... Your on the wrong forum bud ... 

I was insinuating that they spoke up last time we did well ... And nothing 'football related' since when it's not been good ... 

13 minutes ago, BCFC81 said:

Welcome mate. Good post. 

I would ask though, if we don't need to hear from them, why couldn't they shut up last year?

6 minutes ago, GILLI said:

Mistruth ? 

Steves last football related tweet was on the 12/12 too ... The last 2 he did weren't anything to do with Bristol city ... Your on the wrong forum bud ... 

I was insinuating that they spoke up last time we did well ... And nothing 'football related' since when it's not been good ... 

Give over. If you're trying to say that the tweet was not 'football related' then you're kidding yourself.

And you can hardly say Steve has gone quiet. He's barely tweeted at all really. 117 Tweets including 41 retweets. That leaves 76 actual tweets from himself. He's barely prolific so I'm not sure why you'd be expecting hourly updates.

55 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Welcome mate. Good post. 

I would ask though, if we don't need to hear from them, why couldn't they shut up last year?

I agree, we did hear from them more last year, but isn't that always the way?

On the other side we didn't have too many posts complaining about them either, and I don't recall seeing many posts praising them for their part in the early transfer activity!

As mentioned before SL has come out to say funds are avaliable, I am not sure what else can be said! I am sure he won't of come out and said that funds are avaliable if they are not, what benefit would that be to him!

Maybe he is listening to the fans and leaving football decisions to 'people' who are deemed to have more knowledge, I do not know!

• Admin
11 hours ago, Ray White said:

The 5 pillars seem to have crumbled somewhat. It was a nice idea in theory but it started to fade ever since they got rid of Sod

Let's be honest the 5 pillars thing was a load of nonsense that a first year student would be slated for bringing up as a serious business model

Archived