IGNORED

Todays Press Conference.

Selred

Please note all these tweets are from Andy Stockhausen.

• -       City boss Steve Cotterill confirmed he will use Garita in senior squad while numbers are down. Thereafter, in under-21s.

• -       Cotterill answered all questions at today's presser, citing financial reasons and position in table as reasons for not signing players

• -       He said he felt a majority of City's business will be done towards the back end of the January window.

• -       SC told journalists: "We are a way down the food chain when it comes to transfers. Money talks and we cannot compete with bigger clubs."

• -       Cotterill admitted he was "disappointed" not to land Elliott Bennett. He felt sure he would join City up until Monday morning.

• -       He suggested the main reason for Bennett chossing Blackburn over City was money. "We could not compete with what they were offering."

• -       Steve Cotterill also confirmed that Nathan Baker, Derrick Williams and Luke Freeman are doubts for Saturday's FA Cup tie at West Brom.

• -       He is resigned to having to work with a small squad until late in the transfer window. "We need a couple of good players in certain positions to make all the difference. You will then see us win games."

Personally not too happy with the financial excuse, especially after what Lansdown said. Also worried we will miss targets again and depend on loans. 

Roll on Saturday with our 4 players... 

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

- City boss Steve Cotterill confirmed he will use Garita in senior squad while numbers are down. Thereafter, in under-21s.

- Cotterill answered all questions at today's presser, citing financial reasons and position in table as reasons for not signing players

- He said he felt a majority of City's business will be done towards the back end of the January window.

- SC told journalists: "We are a way down the food chain when it comes to transfers. Money talks and we cannot compete with bigger clubs."

- Cotterill admitted he was "disappointed" not to land Elliott Bennett. He felt sure he would join City up until Monday morning.

- He suggested the main reason for Bennett chossing Blackburn over City was money. "We could not compete with what they were offering."

- Steve Cotterill also confirmed that Nathan Baker, Derrick Williams and Luke Freeman are doubts for Saturday's FA Cup tie at West Brom.

- He is resigned to having to work with a small squad until late in the transfer window. "We need a couple of good players in certain positions to make all the difference. You will then see us win games."

Personally not too happy with the financial excuse, especially after what Lansdown said. Also worried we will miss targets again and depend on loans. 

does he actually say money or just the type of deal? Loan instead of permanent

In regards to the Garita signing, it seems weird. If you're good enough a player, then being 20 shouldn't matter. Dele Alli is 19 and tearing up the Prem, so why are we throwing him in the U-21's as soon as our numbers go back up?

If Garita is good enough then surely he'd go straight into the first team.

I don't understand Cott's way of thinking sometimes, I really don't. 

wow , we are waiting till end of window to sign players!! Very dangerous game.

not learnt much from the summer then!!

also we have many important games before end of January where a signing or two might have lifted the spirits.

what we could have done for the home double header against Preston and boro to have new faces!

we could be adrift by the end of January, then who will sign for us?

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

wow , we are waiting till end of window to sign players!! Very dangerous game.

not learnt much from the summer then!!

also we have many important games before end of January where a signing or two might have lifted the spirits.

what we could have done for the home double header against Preston and boro to have new faces!

we could be adrift by the end of January, then who will sign for us?

We have 4 games. Even if we lose all four there's no way whoever is 4th from bottom will be more than 5 points ahead of us. 

4 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

In regards to the Garita signing, it seems weird. If you're good enough a player, then being 20 shouldn't matter. Dele Alli is 19 and tearing up the Prem, so why are we throwing him in the U-21's as soon as our numbers go back up?

If Garita is good enough then surely he'd go straight into the first team.

I don't understand Cott's way of thinking sometimes, I really don't. 

He's been playing in the French third division, that is non league.

Our chances of him being anything like Dele Alli appear remote.

The end of the window, exactly what we feared, then it will be when the loan window opens. We have spent next to **** all on players this season, wasted money on loans who dont play and all we hear is financial constraints with a squad so thin its ridiculous. My faith in the board and manager is just about shot to pieces. Do we even have a fit defence we can field on saturday ? what if we pickup a couple of injurys ? 

17 minutes ago, Selred said:

• -       City boss Steve Cotterill confirmed he will use Garita in senior squad while numbers are down. Thereafter, in under-21s.

• -       Cotterill answered all questions at today's presser, citing financial reasons and position in table as reasons for not signing players

• -       He said he felt a majority of City's business will be done towards the back end of the January window.

• -       SC told journalists: "We are a way down the food chain when it comes to transfers. Money talks and we cannot compete with bigger clubs."

• -       Cotterill admitted he was "disappointed" not to land Elliott Bennett. He felt sure he would join City up until Monday morning.

• -       He suggested the main reason for Bennett chossing Blackburn over City was money. "We could not compete with what they were offering."

• -       Steve Cotterill also confirmed that Nathan Baker, Derrick Williams and Luke Freeman are doubts for Saturday's FA Cup tie at West Brom.

• -       He is resigned to having to work with a small squad until late in the transfer window. "We need a couple of good players in certain positions to make all the difference. You will then see us win games."

Personally not too happy with the financial excuse, especially after what Lansdown said. Also worried we will miss targets again and depend on loans

This seriously worries me.

15 minutes ago, Selred said:

Tells me if we competed financially  we would have signed Bennett. Again I think this proves our wage cap is preventing us from strengthening our startin 11. When   you leave your business this late in the season you pay either over generous fees or agents fees or both. Explains SC being in a sulk in the summer

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Owner says funds that can match others are available. Manager says otherwise.

Cant see this ending well.

Meanwhile we sign someone from the French third division...

In the same week that someone chooses Blackburn over us, not hard to see who is telling the truth, is it?

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

We have 4 games. Even if we lose all four there's no way whoever is 4th from bottom will be more than 5 points ahead of us. 

What worries me more is we're banking the last minute of the transfer window.   If it's anything like the summer, we may then find those players don't arrive at all... 

9 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

5 point gaps for teams at the bottom of the table is massive.

This is very worrying indeed, I fear it's a case of Cotts thinking player isn't worth 10K a week, Lansdown happy to pay it, but KB and Cotts don't think worth it, so someone else pays the 10K and signs them, therefore because Cotts and KB are pig ignorant they say we can't complete rather than admitting they have no concept of what players are worth. Reportedly Lansdown said average wage in league one was 2/3K so it meant we could offer the best wages to get them to sign, therefore they can't have this approach in the Championship, but feel they shouldn't need to pay more than 5-10K a week, when most premier league youngsters are already on more than that, and most players in the top end of the Championship are on 10-20K. I don't think it's a case we can't complete as Lansdown says we can afford the wages and the money is there, I think the problem is KB and Cotts don't think 10k+ is worth paying and therefore don't tell SL to sign the cheque, probably worried they will upset the squad who are probably only on 5-7K a week each.

We are going down. I have the feeling if we had a Warnock or someone in charge, we would be signing players as they would be happy to pay the going rate.

So in one breath SC says we need players that will see us start to win games and move up the table.....

......And in the other says we can't compete financially with the bigger teams in the division, which implies any signings we make are the dregs or an unknown gamble?

Very, very worrying

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

What worries me more is we're banking the last minute of the transfer window.   If it's anything like the summer, we may then find those players don't arrive at all... 

Just like the summer then. That is precisely what I am expecting TBH.

Why TF aren't the resident journalists (written and tv) asking why there is a contradiction between owner and manager?!

Stocky gets f'all exclusives or inside info anyway, so why doesn't he probe and press SC for answers? surely his editor wants to sell more papers!?

4 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

So we're missing Baker, Williams and Freeman this Saturday? Seriously who the  **** is going to start?

Seeing as someone we can trust told us that 2 of those have been training since Tuesday, we can probably guess the side (Korey's possible fatherhood aside) now...

It seems they are comfortable taking the risk we will still be playing Championship football next season spending next to nothing. Can I be optimistic and think that we will make it and they will go for it properly in the summer hoping that the investment leads to bumper crowds with the ground complete. Please.

Just now, cottsciderarmy said:

This is very worrying indeed, I fear it's a case of Cotts thinking player isn't worth 10K a week, Lansdown happy to pay it, but KB and Cotts don't think worth it, so someone else pays the 10K and signs them, therefore because Cotts and KB are pig ignorant they say we can't complete rather than admitting they have no concept of what players are worth. Reportedly Lansdown said average wage in league one was 2/3K so it meant we could offer the best wages to get them to sign, therefore they can't have this approach in the Championship, but feel they shouldn't need to pay more than 5-10K a week, when most premier league youngsters are already on more than that, and most players in the top end of the Championship are on 10-20K. I don't think it's a case we can't complete as Lansdown says we can afford the wages and the money is there, I think the problem is KB and Cotts don't think 10k+ is worth paying and therefore don't tell SL to sign the cheque, probably worried they will upset the squad who are probably only on 5-7K a week each.

We are going down. I have the feeling if we had a Warnock or someone in charge, we would be signing players as they would be happy to pay the going rate.

If that is true surely SL would sack them.

1 minute ago, ciderup said:

Just like the summer then. That is precisely what I am expecting TBH.

Me too.  And, whilst I accept Cotts' knows more than I do, I don't think it's a couple of players in key positions.  I think it's 3 new players in 3 key positions plus replacements for Bennett and Moore and cover for Fielding.  At the very least.

Archived