IGNORED

Cotts Out - Those Supporters are Deluded?

Tomo

8 minutes ago, tomo said:

No budget - Steve L will not pay the wages!

Simples

Don't blame the manager - he is working with what is financially available!

Sorry if this has been covered in previous threads!

Summary - Frustrated!

Tomo

..but he also won't play players supplied to him. Is that SLs fault as well then?

8 minutes ago, tomo said:

Simples

Summary - Frustrated!

Tomo

I have no idea to be honest, just totally bemused.

I do think however it is at least possible that the problem is Cotts is not working with what is financially available!

9 minutes ago, tomo said:

Simples

Summary - Frustrated!

Tomo

Given you don't know the truth either, how can you call others deluded. 

Most explanations have some degree of merit. 

Personally, I think that SL is unable to identify good value, promising players and so has to focus on high risk /high cost. 

See, what the **** are we doing in this league, why ******* bother getting promoted, or even why ******* bother at all ! Things won't change in this league so why moan,piss or get off the pot Landsdown ! I am very angry, having just come home and read the tripe about not being able to live in the division, boo ******* hoo!, Tell you what ,let's just slide out of this division into obscurity !

Preston paying ridiculous wages? MK? There's a lot of clubs in this league who haven't got bags of money but they seem to be coping.

I'd say the deluded few are the ones defending the inexcusable. He is out of his depth. Performances are dire, especially away from home and things don't look like changing. I can't remember him making any changes to try and influence a game. We are going down without a fight and people seem happy for this to continue. Yes not completely blameless, but needs to take his fair share.

The silence from the club is remarkable. We are a sinking ship.

15 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

See, what the **** are we doing in this league, why ******* bother getting promoted, or even why ******* bother at all ! Things won't change in this league so why moan,piss or get off the pot Landsdown ! I am very angry, having just come home and read the tripe about not being able to live in the division, boo ******* hoo!, Tell you what ,let's just slide out of this division into obscurity !

In a nutshell!!

In my opinion the transfer situation is a massive cock up involving SC, KB, KD, JL, SL. Problem being SC took all the praise two summers ago before our successful league1 campaign, regarding new transfer strategy, signing players early etc so he needs to take stick when it goes bad. But not all his fault.

But that aside he needs to do ten times better with what hes got and tactics etc. His stubbornness and use of substitution's is embarrassing, whilst he sees loyalty as a strength I see it as weakness.

If and its a big if, there is a better manger out there ( e.g Pearson) I would replace him now. But only because I think hes to narrow minded.

my fear now is SL might be reluctant to back SC in transfer window 100% as he has in back of his mind he might sack him??

all round mess! But SC for me takes a good 75% of the blame for this season.

5 minutes ago, Spoons said:

In my opinion the transfer situation is a massive cock up involving SC, KB, KD, JL, SL. Problem being SC took all the praise two summers ago before our successful league1 campaign, regarding new transfer strategy, signing players early etc so he needs to take stick when it goes bad. But not all his fault.

But that aside he needs to do ten times better with what hes got and tactics etc. His stubbornness and use of substitution's is embarrassing, whilst he sees loyalty as a strength I see it as weakness.

If and its a big if, there is a better manger out there ( e.g Pearson) I would replace him now. But only because I think hes to narrow minded.

my fear now is SL might be reluctant to back SC in transfer window 100% as he has in back of his mind he might sack him??

all round mess! But SC for me takes a good 75% of the blame for this season.

You make a good point and I also think they are all to blame in some way , but ultimately it is Lansdown who must hold his hands up .If Cotts messed up in the summer so badly he should have sacked him ..If like most think me included the tactics are wrong, ...get someone else in....if there is money to spend let your manager spend it including competitive wages...if the manager still does not ..sack him...! And get someone else in...You cannot stand still in football the rest pass you by to quickly.sadly not only have we stood still we have gone backwards. ...Balls is your court Mr Lansdown. 

1 minute ago, Doozerchris said:

You make a good point and I also think they are all to blame in some way , but ultimately it is Lansdown who must hold his hands up .If Cotts messed up in the summer so badly he should have sacked him ..If like most think me included the tactics are wrong, ...get someone else in....if there is money to spend let your manager spend it including competitive wages...if the manager still does not ..sack him...! And get someone else in...You cannot stand still in football the rest pass you by to quickly.sadly not only have we stood still we have gone backwards. ...Balls is your court Mr Lansdown. 

can't argue with any of that.

30 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

If we lose at home against Preston on Tuesday then expect a few howls of, "Cotterill Out!" from disgruntled City fans.

Was thinking the same thing myself. BTW that doesn't mean I support that sentiment, although I am growing increasingly concerned about how dysfunctional the current situation is.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

If we lose at home against Preston on Tuesday then expect a few howls of, "Cotterill Out!" from disgruntled City fans.

You should of been sitting where I was sitting on Boxing Day, there were plenty of them already!!!

I wasn't in that camp before, but I am getting increasingly frustrated with the man, I can't listen to his pre-match / post-match interviews, as we are fed the same old rubbsish, everyone's fault except his!

Well at this moment in times he is solely responsible for the mess that we are in, he is the only one that can change things on the pitch, and the only one who has final say on transfers, as well all know if he doesn't like them, they won't play!

I don't swallow the whole story about Bennett, saying he only went elsewhere for more money. He went elsewhere as he would be playing for a team much higher than us, for a manager he respects, and one that won't play him in a position that is alien to him!

For christ sake SC has been banging on about players needed since 2nd Sept, that being the case I would of expected him to have a list as long as your arm of potential targets, that have been scouted to hand to the board, but we all know that is not the case!!!

Of course we have to work within a budget, it's not as though we are targeting the Messi's/Ronaldo's of this world! I think SC needs to set his sights a little lower, it's not as though we are the only club having to do that, and they all seem to be able to bring someone in!

But no, we have to wait until the end of the window, that is when our work can be done, yeah cause that plan worked so well in the summer!!!

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Simples

Summary - Frustrated!

Tomo

No need to apologise, you're the first person to mention it :whistle:

2 hours ago, Tomarse said:

..but he also won't play players supplied to him. Is that SLs fault as well then?

Yes it is Tom, because the manager clearly doesn't rate the players supplied.

When Cotts came here, he said quite clearly that his condition of employment is he has complete control over the playing side. SL either explicitly or implicitly accepted that.

There are people on here have been blaming the manager and eventually it will be clear it is not his fault.

3 hours ago, tomo said:

Simples

Summary - Frustrated!

Tomo

Spot on. A lot has happened since the defeat at Reading. Which is why Cotts seems happier. 

3 hours ago, tomo said:

Simples

Summary - Frustrated!

Tomo

Another post that claims to know the facts of the situation and calls those that don't see it the same way "deluded".

The only deluded ones are the ones who delude themselves into thinking they know better than everyone else without any justification.

The fact is, we don't know who is at fault and it is likely a combination of more than one person.

Archived