IGNORED

Korey Smith - Key Player

Pickle Rick

He doesn't get many mentions and again, after yesterday's performance, he has shown (yet again) how good he is.

Arguably our most consistant performer over the last season and a half.

A real midfield general and someone who's arguably the hardest player to replace on our team.

Reads the game so well. Great on the ball and wins it so often, surprisingly strong and never backs out. 

Korey Smith, you beast.

Absolute quality player.

Yesterday he showed his class again with some great tackles, and some sublime passing.

Haven't seen a player that was that comfortable on the ball for us since Hartley. 

One thing to work on is his shooting, scored a great goal against Cheltenham and hopefully will pop up with 2 or 3 like that this season. 

If you watching during a game he spends half of the game with his back to the ball while the game is going on, telling his team mates where they need to be and seeing where the opposition are on the pitch. By doing this he always knows what's going on in the game and why he's so quick to get to a tackle or make a pass

To me, Smith's our most important player and the one person I think we'd really struggle without.  I think people on here are a bit harsh on Pack at times but a central midfielder who can both play aside Smith and provide steel to our midfield if Smith was ever missing could be the difference between relegation and survival. 

1 hour ago, Scrumpy said:

He doesn't get many mentions and again, after yesterday's performance, he has shown (yet again) how good he is.

A real midfield general and someone who's arguably the hardest player to replace on our team.

Reads the game so well. Great on the ball and wins it so often, surprisingly strong and never backs out. 

Korey Smith, you beast.

Spot on, does everything simple and rarely makes a mistake, if he doesn't play we will struggle more than normal, no contest for POTY

1 minute ago, Super said:

Don't want to turn this into a pack bashing thread but he would really improve playing alongside a quality central midfielder.

Or maybe he's playing very well next to Pack? He played just as well in L1 next to Elliott so I get what you're saying but I still don't know who this miracle midfielder is that we can get. 

1 hour ago, BITW said:

Said it before and I know some will disagree but for me he could play prem football. Not a spectacular player but does his job immaculately. 

Completely agree. Best player in our team by a long way imho. Intelligent, efficient, and sharp with a great football brain. As already said I'd be incredibly surprised if other top level championship clubs / low mid table prem team aren't looking at him. Hopefully he'll continue to stay under their radars for a long time to come as we need him big time! 

3 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

Korey Smith, you beast.

This plus 1000000000000! :yes:

2 minutes ago, Libertine1 said:

His game won't change according to who he is playing alongside. He's playing his game, and he's brilliant at it.

Oh course it will. Bound to help him playing alongside a quality central midfielder.

6 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

dunno if on another thread and no shooting the messager.......word is boro sniffing around

Can`t see him moving now TBH. Hero at BCFC and his partner`s just about to have a baby. She isn`t likely to want to up sticks and move or put up with him being at the other end of the country.

Could be one of those times where off the pitch stuff works for us for once.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

As someone said above, he's like Gerry Gow, my fave Red of all time.

Gary Shelton came close too and Shelts notched relatively often too, around 25 goals for us if I remember correctly.

But Korey is special, a class player and a superb signing. He should skipper this side...

Agreed......and Bobby Hutchinson......:thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, KevP said:

Yep.....pocket rocket !! Trev Tainton was always underestimated IMO.

You are so on my wavelength, Trev played nearly 500 games for us, rarely gets mentioned as potentially being a City legend etc.

When City was rubbing shoulders with the elite at the top table of English football in the late seventies, the boys team I was in won a couple of trophies.

Trev turned up at our presentation evening in the Pilgrim Pub in Brislington and presented our whole squad with their medals and spent a few hours talking to the lads and our parents and posed for countless photos.

Absolute top guy...

7 hours ago, Scrumpy said:

Korey Smith, you beast.

Probably one of our best signings in the past ten years!

Trevor Tainton was an absolute gent. City coach broke down outside our house and had the whole City First Team sat on our wall. Wrote to Trevor and asked him to get autographs of all the players on a squad photo. Week or so later photo returned duly signed by them all. Still got it somewhere.

Returning to Korey - real quality with a superb engine. Freeman could be on his way back to form as well.

Come on lads, Preston is a massive game. Re-charge and same again please, just with a slightly different ending. It ain't the opposition beating us, it's us beating ourselves most of the time.

Archived