IGNORED

Steve Cotterill: he's no David Bowie...

Jack Dawe

...forever changing and reinventing the wheel (and undoubtedly, he's 100% heterosexual), like Claudio "Tinkerman" Ranieri, or our own Derek McInnes. No "Changes" here, although he went a bit "Aladdin Sane" last night.

He's more, the same three chords over and over. Stick to what you know. Even as your sales dip and you don't look like getting a new recording contract (and you can't find a new lead guitarist, etc), as it were.

So, which musical artiste or combo is he most like? And which of their songs sum him up? And what about previous managers here - to me, SO'D was our Van Morrison ("Whenever SO'D Shines His Light") Over to you, boys and girls!

2 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

...forever changing and reinventing the wheel (and undoubtedly, he's 100% heterosexual), like Claudio "Tinkerman" Ranieri, or our own Derek McInnes. No "Changes" here, although he went a bit "Aladdin Sane" last night.

He's more, the same three chords over and over. Stick to what you know. Even as your sales dip and you don't look like getting a new recording contract (and you can't find a new lead guitarist, etc), as it were.

So, which musical artiste or combo is he most like? And which of their songs sum him up? And what about previous managers here - to me, SO'D was our Van Morrison ("Whenever SO'D Shines His Light") Over to you, boys and girls!

That's easy. Steve Cotterill is Status Quo! Or if you prefer, Status Quid. Boring Song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opmkFdMyiTc

5 minutes ago, Masala said:

Well, last night he was like Billy Bragg "Strange things happen". Unenforced, relatively early substitutions.

The fans, well, we're like The Smiths "Heaven knows I'm miserable now"

Accident Waiting To Happen?

Barbara Dickson (got all her albums, me): January, February "...you got me on the road, to one more broken heart..."

Or, if that's not doing it for you

Pilot: January "...sick and tired..." nuff said.

You make me sad with your eyes, your telling me lies, Don't go! Don't go! (Guitar!)...........

• Admin

Terry Jacks........

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun.
But the stars we could reach
were just starfish on the beach

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun.
But the stars we could reach
were just starfish on the beach

We had joy, we had fun, we had seasons in the sun,
But the wine and the song,
like the seasons, have all gone.

All our lives we had fun, we had seasons in the sun.
But the hills that we climbed
Were just seasons out of time.... 

Archived