IGNORED

Cotterell Sacked [confirmed]

Buckeyed

He left the country in the summer with about 4 players lined up to sign that the inept board couldn't get over the line in his absence. Has to deal with a bunch of brainless ***** in the boardroom whilst fishing for players 10th + on his list. 

Hung out to dry by the club. 

Congratulations both Landsowns and Keith Dawe, you've done it again. 

Heres one last fan who won't be sitting in the 1/8th full stadium in L1 playing Fleetwood at home next season. 

“Steve did keep us in the division and went on, in conjunction with the rest of the organisation, to deliver a League One championship and Johnstone’s Paint Trophy. That season will live in the memory for a long time. 
Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/steve-cotterill-relieved-of-his-duties-2902393.aspx#2UPZ5ZaArVdOHXGQ.99

Are any of the rest of the organisation accountable for this season's mess, Mr Dawe?

Those questioning the timing, McInnes was sacked only a day earlier. And we had plenty of time to stay up that season, but sadly didn't. 

In my view, this is 8 months too late. Cotterill was never the man to lead us in the championship. Thanks for getting us here, but he's not cut out for this level. 

The way I see it is..... the board must have been seriously concerned for some months about the lack of success, the bizarre tactics, the strange lack of use of subs etc. etc. The final straw was probably the aggro last saturday and it was then that SL decided that enough was enough.  I have only met SL once and that was only briefly,but in those minutes I concluded that he was a decent, sensible man and I am happy that the club is in his hands.

Now............ is the time to put up big time and get in a proven mamager........it has to be Moyes.

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Those questioning the timing, McInnes was sacked only a day earlier. And we had plenty of time to stay up that season, but sadly didn't. 

In my view, this is 8 months too late. Cotterill was never the man to lead us in the championship. Thanks for getting us here, but he's not cut out for this level. 

What bollox! Let's sack a manager that won the league.

9 minutes ago, cityexile said:

“The club’s aspiration is to ultimately become a Premier League club and this decision has been made to achieve our overall strategy for growth and player development.”

Based on that closing line, I remain optimistic about plans to take the club forward.

Cotts had run out of ideas, and may have been a problem signing some players, but will be remembered well for what he achieved for us last season.  Now this has happened, we need to put it behind us quickly, and move forwards with a new sense of purpose.

Although I don't like how high up the list Cooper and Hollowhead are:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/bristol-city/next-permanent-manager

Archived