IGNORED

Pembo..

Gillies Downs Leeds

1 minute ago, Jungle Jim said:

A week ago most people would have said they wanted the new manager to change the formation, make us harder to score against, rotate the squad and give the youngsters more of a chance, and sign some players. One way or another Pemberton has achieved all of that so at least looks to be a reasonably safe pair of hands, you can't see things getting worse in the short term. Longer term there's a bit more to football management and we don't know much about his motivational skills or ability to change games or adapt tactics for different situations, so who knows if he is the right man for a permanent job, but at least looks a better option than the likes of Pearce.

Perhaps he reads this forum.

12 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

With respect. He didn't do it to give the club a lift he did it because we had no other option and unlike the previous guy he saw the benefit of having a full bench. 

Personally i hope he stays with the club but i don't want him as manager. I think both parties would end up regretting it.

How do you know he wasn't doing it to give the club a lift?

The previous manager turned a blind eye to the Academy, why shouldn't Pemberton try and redress the balance?

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

How do you know he wasn't doing it to give the club a lift?

The previous manager turned a blind eye to the Academy, why shouldn't Pemberton try and redress the balance?

Think the dull truth is that it was a bit of both.

He could have ignored the academy lads of course but that would have left us with four subs, there simply was no-one else available with El-Abd and O'Donnell cup tied (so are Gladwin and Pearce though they probably weren't signed in time) and with Korey injured.

What he very sensibly did though (for both his games so far) was filled the entire bench rather than making a silly point by not doing so.

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He could have ignored the academy lads of course but that would have left us with four subs, there simply was no-one else available with El-Abd and O'Donnell cup tied (so are Gladwin and Pearce though they probably weren't signed in time)

Gladwin and Pearce wouldn't have been available as they weren't with us for the original tie (even if they weren't cup-tied).

I have to say that since John Pemrberton has been taking control of first teams affairs, he has come across very well. From every interview given, it has certainly been quite refreshing to read or listen to what he has to say.

Very level headed about the whole situation and is keeping himself (and I'm sure) the others around him very assured about our current managerial, transfer and league situations.

For that I am confident in his abilities. Not just media handling, but his tactical approach too. It certainly isn't panic stations just yet and he may be given a longer term stint in charge. If so, then long may his methods flow well!!

Thanks Pembo :thumbsup:

43 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Pemberton just seems like a very nice guy. Comes across really well in the press stuff - bet the media team find him a dream to speak to in comparison. Just seems like a great bloke. 

Speaks volumes the amount of interviews and pieces with the squad they are doing at the moment.

11 minutes ago, BarnzFM said:

Speaks volumes the amount of interviews and pieces with the squad they are doing at the moment.

He does come across well. The key issue for me, genuine question, given our stated structure, is how good a coach is he? Would seem the key skill needed.

For me, the issue will be whilst he is there as an interim, he is more exposed to results. All fine and dandy if they are going well. If not, fans will lose patience very quickly with the club.

New manager alert:-

A bloke from Oxford becomes CEO and suddenly Appleton is the bookies favourite.

That rumour is put to bed.

Pearce comes from nowhere and is now odds on favourite.

Pearce claims he hasn't applied and has"t been contacted.

Who next Warnock?.

Here's my theory, the above names being leaked knowing they will be unpopular, buy time to see how the next few games go and announce Pemberton/Elliott until the end of the season, people who thought that might be the cheap option, now warming to (hopefully) better results and the calibre of people being touted, jobs a good un.

9 minutes ago, spudski said:

Well here's another, 'some people' wanted SC gone in November but knew it wouldn't be popular with fans or the squad but created a difficult working atmosphere in the hope that he would walk, when that never happened had to wait until results gave him the necessary reason.

Only way I could see Pemberton temp charge and the current situation as a viable way forward is if:

•  He is in until May as temp manager.
  •  New manager is already lined up but to take over in summer...keep quiet so no gazumping, i.e. he maybe under contract elsewhere.
  •  New signings in pipeline as liased with new manager...who would use some of this time to assess squad etc.

Viable or wishful thinking?? The hope obviously being Pemberton keeps us up in the interim, with loan signings filling gaps until summer.

2 hours ago, Shtanley said:

I'm just making it known to the rest of the forum that I want Pemberton to be manager for the rest of the season. #Pembo2016

Me too Shtan. I`ve thought it pretty much since SC left TBH. Makes no sense at all to spunk money away on the likes of Colin and maybe still go down and  p+++ off half the team into the bargain. He seems to be doing everything the right way ATM so stick with it I say.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Me too Shtan. I`ve thought it pretty much since SC left TBH. Makes no sense at all to spunk money away on the likes of Colin and maybe still go down and  p+++ off half the team into the bargain. He seems to be doing everything the right way ATM so stick with it I say.

Good to see another person think the same. It makes sense to me. I've never once thought we were going to go down. Still maintain we won't with Pembo in charge. 

Wonder what the reaction to SL & Board would be though if they put Pemberton in charge and we went down?

Cheap option! Lack of ambition! I'm not renewing next year! Etc etc.....

I'm undecided btw, without knowing who is interested its pretty hard to say. Initially I'd have said definitely no and to be honest, would still prefer someone who might show potential players that we are an attractive proposition.

That said, Pemberton has impressed (Not just the win) and is much higher up my list than some of the rubbish being touted for the job.

Archived