IGNORED

Stuart Pearce

supercidered

Didn't Mark Ashton say that, "People would be surprised at some of the names that have expressed an interest in taking on the City job"? (Or words to that effect).

Would anyone really be surprised at the likes of Pearce, Clarke, Curbishly, Warnock, Saunders, Robins, Monk, Hollowhead and others like them showing an interest? I know I wouldn't.

I therefore await the announcement of either Mourinho, Guardiola, Moyes or Pearson as those four names would indeed ellict a raised eyebrow or two. The others, not so much.

I await the surprise name with barely contained drowsiness err, excitement...

9 minutes ago, Red Army 87 said:

As low as 1/5 with some bookies and gone from 11/10 to 4/7 with sky bet. I'm not one to read too much into betting odds but someone must know something for the odds to change that much.

They'd all be in at 1/5 if this was certain. I sincerely hope this isn't true. It would be a disaster. But we do love an ex Forest manager!

Pearce would be a disaster.

Once I've started reading a book, I force myself to read it to the end - even when I'm not enjoying it. A few years back, I made the mistake of starting to read Psycho's autobiography which revealed him to have the personality, wit and intelligence of an amoeba. what a terrible read!

He is nothing more than a bloke who was a damn good and passionate full back with the very good fortune to play for one of the legendary managers in English football history. However, none - absolutely none of Clough's great football wisdom and tactical ability was absorbed by Pearce. He has remained in football because that's all he knows, and has been taken on into management roles because of whom he was. It's only when he's been in a role for 5 minutes that chairman find out that they've bought a pup.

If there is any sense in the world, City won't give him a job. Suddenly Appleton sounds appealing. Hell, I rather we get Dopey ...

8 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Once I've started reading a book, I force myself to read it to the end - even when I'm not enjoying it. A few years back, I made the mistake of starting to read Psycho's autobiography which revealed him to have the personality, wit and intelligence of an amoeba. what a terrible read!

He is nothing more than a bloke who was a damn good and passionate full back with the very good fortune to play for one of the legendary managers in English football history. However, none - absolutely none of Clough's great football wisdom and tactical ability was absorbed by Pearce. He has remained in football because that's all he knows, and has been taken on into management roles because of whom he was. It's only when he's been in a role for 5 minutes that chairman find out that they've bought a pup.

If there is any sense in the world, City won't give him a job. Suddenly Appleton sounds appealing. Hell, I rather we get Dopey ...

Always reminds me of Steve Davis (snooker) from a personality standpoint.

20 minutes ago, mozo said:

Is there any small possibility that he surprises us all and that he has actually learnt a lot since that fateful Man City spell? I mean, he keeps getting work?!

It's not really the Man City spell that worries me. It's his recent Notts Forest spell from just under a year ago when he was slated that I worry about. 

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Oh what a riveting read that book was....not! God knows what made me read it to the end, just so boring.

He's on the talk sport Colin Murray show in the week, and they do this slot where 'psycho' picks 2 five a side football teams made up of musicians who support the same teams, wtf is that all about?

It really will be a depressing choice if he's appointed, even Pearce himself must know what a crap manager he is! 

1 hour ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Vast majority of autobiographies are 'ghost written' by a third party. I'm currently working on a City-related one.

So to dismiss someone you've never met or known as having the 'personality, wit and intelligence of an amoeba' is just wrong.

Stuart Pearce's fave band is The Stranglers, to me that already makes him a good bloke!

Archived