IGNORED

That Moyesie banner, Wembley '87?

Jack Dawe

article-2391192-1B4177EC000005DC-500_634

Where is it now, anyone know? We could use it, take it to games. Give him a nudge.

Was it you? If it was, hats off to you! Is it in your garage - and can we borrow it?

Failing this, those two broads that started getting jiggy with it that day, maybe we could get them back to entice Moyesie home?? No harm in trying....

Ha. I remember that. I also remember being about a dozen steps in front of the 2 lady's getting jiggy......I was 16 then and despite Kylie being the 'one' those 2 girls made me forget about her for a while. And it also eased the pain of watching Gordon Owen walk forward with his head down to take 'that' penalty.

One wonders how the Bristol Sport bods would react if two attractive young ladies - or indeed young men - started to get their kit off during a tense and crucial penalty shoot-out, causing uproar amongst the fevered masses? Three year ban??

Always beats me how we fluffed our kicks, and Hitchcock wasn't distracted?

I met Moyes  a few years back when he was manager of Everton. They were staying at a hotel before playing Arsenal and I was at a conference there.

I asked him what his memories were of that Wembley day and he actually said to me "Did you see that flag saying and On the Eighth Day...?"

I couldn't believe he remembered that. Clearly has a soft spot for us.

6 hours ago, allyolly said:

I met Moyes  a few years back when he was manager of Everton. They were staying at a hotel before playing Arsenal and I was at a conference there.

I asked him what his memories were of that Wembley day and he actually said to me "Did you see that flag saying and On the Eighth Day...?"

I couldn't believe he remembered that. Clearly has a soft spot for us.

He has said his time playing for city was his happiest in his playing career, or his most fondly remembered, amounts to the same thing either way.

Agggh, I can't take anymore!!! Once so near, agonisingly close.

Dear Steve, Mr Lansdown, Sir. You have widely been blamed for taking the wrong pathway at the time and gave us Pulis. This was a very, very, dark day in our history. But fear not, you now have the opportunity to right that wrong....go get him , PLEASE!!!

Yes, I know, not a cat in hells chance, but can't say I didn't try. I know Maggie at least reads this forum, and as I've always told her behind every good man there is a good woman, I just hope she's a Moysie fan too!!!

Red, red, red....That was not Mr Lansdown.  After all that he has done for this club and you blame him for Tiny P?  Harsh!  (Can't remember if it was Davidson or Russe had the measure of that phone call telling Moysie not to take the flight home from Americal...  Still wonder where we'd be now if we'd made the right choice that day.

11 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

One wonders how the Bristol Sport bods would react if two attractive young ladies - or indeed young men - started to get their kit off during a tense and crucial penalty shoot-out, causing uproar amongst the fevered masses? Three year ban??

Always beats me how we fluffed our kicks, and Hitchcock wasn't distracted?

The pens were down the other end, Hitchcock would have needed some seriously good eyesight to cop a load...!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Agggh, I can't take anymore!!! Once so near, agonisingly close.

Dear Steve, Mr Lansdown, Sir. You have widely been blamed for taking the wrong pathway at the time and gave us Pulis. This was a very, very, dark day in our history. But fear not, you now have the opportunity to right that wrong....go get him , PLEASE!!!

Yes, I know, not a cat in hells chance, but can't say I didn't try. I know Maggie at least reads this forum, and as I've always told her behind every good man there is a good woman, I just hope she's a Moysie fan too!!!

Mr L didn't appoint Pulis...

53 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Red, red, red....That was not Mr Lansdown.  After all that he has done for this club and you blame him for Tiny P?  Harsh!  (Can't remember if it was Davidson or Russe had the measure of that phone call telling Moysie not to take the flight home from Americal...  Still wonder where we'd be now if we'd made the right choice that day.

Pretty sure it was alleged at the time that Lansdown and Laycock out-voted chairman Davidson in choosing to appoint Pulis. It was even suggested that it was this falling out that led to SD stepping down from the board.

That's the way I remember it anyway.  

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Mr L didn't appoint Pulis...

Don't ruin his chance of making amends! Didn't he have the casting vote or something that brought us Pulis and left Moysie sat waiting in his hotel after cutting short his holiday. This has unfinished business written all over it :fingerscrossed:

1 minute ago, shelts said:

God we sound desperate................Moysie please please please!!!

Just trying to use a bit of Karma, not often in your life you get a chance to put things right. (imagine the fun, Sky Sports would explode, and as for the Gas...)

Well that's my line and I'm sticking to it, but desperate? You bet I am!

4 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Pretty sure it was alleged at the time that Lansdown and Laycock out-voted chairman Davidson in choosing to appoint Pulis. It was even suggested that it was this falling out that led to SD stepping down from the board.

That's the way I remember it anyway.  

This is how I remember it.

The Board was split at the time with Laycock & Lansdown (The Money Men) wanting Pulis, while Davidson, along with Neale & Clapp (City Men) wanting Moyes.

Fearing a split in the boardroom and potentially losing Laycock & Lansdown and moreover their money, Davidson, against his preference for Moyes, voted for Pulis, thus keeping Laycock, Lansdown & their money at Ashton Gate.

Now, while Moyes would've been a hugely popular choice with the fans, maybe, in the long run, Davidsons' vote kept Lansdown 'on board' and the rest, as they say, is history.

Right or wrong? Who knows, it's the present & future that counts now and we can only hope, that this time, the right decision is made..................

7 hours ago, Steve Watts said:

Ah yes, it's all coming back now. I've read the other posts and I'm remembering.

OK Mr Lansdown, Sir, if you still want to right those wrongs that are now a bit hazy with the passing of time, and erase any dealings you had in bringing in TinyP, you can still be a hero??? :clapping:

Archived