IGNORED

Steve Round

BobBobSuperBob

A number of posters during the discussion on David Moyes have indicated that he has / does advise SL on occasions and some have understandably suggested that SL may consult him in the search for a new mana.....sorry ....head coach

i have no idea personally about SL / Moyesey but if he was to consult Moyes don't rule out this man as a appointment from left field

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Round

Moyes assistant at Everton and Man U , well spoken about in the game and has spoken well on a few occasions I've seen him interviewed / guest on Sky etc

heard him say that he would like to, and feels ready to tackle the no 1 job

i have absolutely no knowledge or indication that his name might have come up but could be a 'silent' dark horse

in fairness if we are going to go down the head coach type system ( And I think we may see a name that's not been mentioned and may feel underwhelming in appointment) he would fit and with his pedigree I'd prob go for him before a Appleton or Tisdale who for me are a major gamble

Just thought aid throw his name in the ring ;)

Not suggesting his names cropped up PF but on the other hand I wouldn't be shocked as he looks like the sort who would tick all their boxes

(Personally not convinced by the new plan but there we go - can see it being a 'Round' type appointment and if so he would be up there for me as much as any untested 'head coach' / boss / manager ..... Whatever)

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Not suggesting his names cropped up PF but on the other hand I wouldn't be shocked as he looks like the sort who would tick all their boxes

(Personally not convinced by the new plan but there we go - can see it being a 'Round' type appointment and if so he would be up there for me as much as any tested 'head coach' / boss / manager ..... Whatever)

Absolutely, has worked under McClaren, Allardyce and Moyes as number 2's.

Recently turned down a FT role at Villa under Remi Garde as it was too junior a role and he wants a managerial position...

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

(Personally not convinced by the new plan but there we go - can see it being a 'Round' type appointment and if so he would be up there for me as much as any untested 'head coach' / boss / manager ..... Whatever)

Same, unless one of the big names (Pearson/Moyes etc) has agreed to take over at the end of the season depending on whether we stay up.. I can't help but think they'd already have been announced if it were going to happen. All it takes is a vacancy at a bigger club and we'll have some proper competition for those guys.

I think it'll be a younger promising manager 'like' Round eventually. I'm sceptical about the set up but if done right it can be really good in terms of continuity when managers come and go.

Interesting points you make there. Definitely a name that hasn't been considered, has worked under quite a few names (as mentioned above) and would have very recent links with both Everton and Man U. 

Not a bad suggestion, and definitely 100% better suggestion than Warnock,  Pearce and Skeletor. Would be happy with that actually.

41 minutes ago, Taz said:

Interesting points you make there. Definitely a name that hasn't been considered, has worked under quite a few names (as mentioned above) and would have very recent links with both Everton and Man U. 

Not a bad suggestion, and definitely 100% better suggestion than Warnock...

"Definitely 100% better suggestion" than a guy who has huge amounts of success (7 promotions) on his CV as a manager, not an assistant...?

Really? A guy with zero experience as a manager, who played 9 games as a pro and is currently a part time coach is a 100% better option than Warnock?!

Good grief....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

"Definitely 100% better suggestion" than a guy who has huge amounts of success (7 promotions) on his CV as a manager, not an assistant...?

Really? A guy with zero experience as a manager, who played 9 games as a pro and is currently a part time coach is a 100% better option than Warnock?!

Good grief....

He wouldn't be here for the long run so what's the point? To go through all of this again in 6 months? 

Appoint someone for the long term, not the short. He wouldn't have any of his own players, and can you honestly see him working under Ashton (essentially)? SL has a low opinion of him, Warnock isn't the most popular of people at the best of times, can you honestly see this working? I can't. We also don't need any more negative media attention - We're getting enough thanks to the transfer rejections in the press.

That's why Round would be a better option than Warnock. A few years ago he'd have been a good option. He doesn't stick anywhere for any decent amount of time now.

19 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I think lansdown is planning on sticking with pemberton. If pembo does not carry on from his brilliant start in the league then I reckon Steve Clarke will be the one he goes for. I can't see lansdown gambling on someone who has no managerial experience.

I agree all points towards JP for the foreseeable

Im not 'selling' Round - I'm all for a,Pearson (Proven) type but I'm still not convinced that will be Mark Ashton's philosophy - I hope I'm wrong

If we go for the potential / good COACH type Round would be on my list of potentials.

Archived