IGNORED

Gilbey?

RightUpInCider

39 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

One other thing I've noticed from that article, really noticeable how much lighter Freeman looks in that image.

15 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Yep, quite a difference, especially torso and facially.

I think it's the hair and the cut of the kit. Gilbey is comparatively much bigger which also makes Freeman look smaller.

1 hour ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

One other thing I've noticed from that article, really noticeable how much lighter Freeman looks in that image.

Interesting Aaron -

Felt all season that Luke , like Wes and a few others has tried / been advised to baulk up / increase body strength for the championship.

For someone like Wes with his type of game and his frame I think that's very wise and will help him greatly , whereas I think that may be a mistake with Luke as can't see him with his size ever being able to outmuscle opponents and his nimbleness was a massive (vital) asset to him 

KEEN HITS OUT AT CITY

Colchester manager Kevin Keen isn't happy with Bristol City's attempts to sign his midfielder Alex Gilbey this week.

The submitted a bid for the 21-year-old on Friday and it's fair to say keen and his chairman Robbie Cowling weren't impressed with the money on offer.

He said: “You’ll have to speak to Robbie about that but it was a joke offer as far as we are concerned. The bid was far, far under our value."

taken from sky sports transfer centre this morning

2 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

this is the sort of transfer that could end up happening

What 'joke ' offers ?  What did we offer them ? Fake noses, rubber chickens, big red curly wigs ?

The selling club obviously want more but surely we should be asking their valuation of the player before tempting our chance . Now we have ,like normal , alerted other clubs of our interest and we all know that QPR will come along and trump our offer with a Whoopee cushion.

45 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

What 'joke ' offers ?  What did we offer them ? Fake noses, rubber chickens, big red curly wigs ?

The selling club obviously want more but surely we should be asking their valuation of the player before tempting our chance . Now we have ,like normal , alerted other clubs of our interest and we all know that QPR will come along and trump our offer with a Whoopee cushion.

I'm in London and have a brand new Whoopee cushion in by draw

who is saying Pembo and Ashton won't be picking it up tomorrow at Liverpool Street on their way to get this guy?

On 24 January 2016 at 19:28, Major Isewater said:

Interestingly, and according to the Mail, we are likely going back in with a bid thought to be around 400k. 

Now, Keen saying our 300k bid, if accurate, is 'way way under value'  the obvious question should be; would an extra 33% change that view? 

Bravado or not i agree with your view that we should be asking what they want for him if only because there is only a day and a half left of the window. 

Is Dack 4 times better than Gilbey? Obviously not. Are media reports accurate? Quite possibly not.

40 minutes ago, Port Pete said:

Is he a similar player to Dack or are we looking at a replacement for Korey should he depart last minute?

We let Smith leave before the deadline and we deserve relegation.

Would literally be one of the most stupid things we could possibly do.

Gilbey is out of contract in the summer. They won't get him to sign another and they know that. That's why Keen has come out and said he is good enough for the prem in a few years. I'm with our club 100% on the money being offered. To pay anything more than 500k for him would be stupid. We can get him on the free in a few months, granted we'll have to pay tribunal but Colchester know that it won't be much. This will be a late deadline day signing. Along with a striker (hopefully) 

Archived