IGNORED

This delay can only mean it will be Pembo

reddogkev

I've been mulling over the fact we're taking too long to appoint a manager in such a precarious position.

The only reason I can deduce (wearing a deerstalker and puffing on a pipe), is that the BCFC ruling elite want Pembo to take the job.

If we win against the other BCFC on Saturday, I believe he will be confirmed as the boss first thing Monday morning.

His record isn't too shabby.  Played 3, W1, L2 (against Prem opposition, and a Leeds game which we should have won or at the very least drew).

Only conceded 2 goals so far. 

If we lose and it looks quite damaging on Saturday - then the board will no doubt amend their decision.

Do you agree that the job is Pemberton's, or are we just taking our time conducting interviews / negotiating contract details?

Plus -  I just can't see any other decent manager wanting the job at this stage of the season - with their reputation likely to suffer a big hit if we do drop to League One.

If we are struggling to attract players, then will this also apply to potential managers?

5 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

I've been mulling over the fact we're taking too long to appoint a manager in such a precarious position.

The only reason I can deduce (wearing a deerstalker and puffing on a pipe), is that the BCFC ruling elite want Pembo to take the job.

If we win against the other BCFC on Saturday, I believe he will be confirmed as the boss first thing Monday morning.

His record isn't too shabby.  Played 3, W1, L2 (against Prem opposition, and a Leeds game which we should have won or at the very least drew).

If we lose and it looks quite damaging on Saturday - then the board will no doubt amend their decision.

Do you agree that the job is Pemberton's, or are we just taking our time conducting interviews / negotiating contract details?

I genuinely think they would consider the situation a lot more seriously then making a knee-jerk decision purely based on the result on Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think Pemberton is the last person that the board or more importantly SL, would want in the job.

Been done twice before and failed.

They are taking their time as they said they would.

Surprised they are comfortable with the delay, I wouldn't be if I was in charge now... I'd want the new man in working with the players as soon as humanly possible!

2 minutes ago, sportingmad0209 said:

Some of our potential managers are still paid by the clubs they were sacked from.

if they was to come to us, they would need to negotiate a settlement.

maybe that is the delay?

Could be a reason for a delay.  Does anyone know roughly how long contract negotiations / settlements usually take with respect football managers?

17 minutes ago, cynic said:

I think Pemberton is the last person that the board or more importantly SL, would want in the job.

This. Millen and even Tinnion are still fairly fresh in the minds of everyone at the club.. To be fair to Pemberton i have a better gut feeling about him than Tins or Millen though, i think he'd suprise a few if he did get it and do OK. Its just the wrong timing for me, need a big name that can attract end of right now and im sure the board see it that way too..

23 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Cotts record wasn't too shabby either. Actually won things. Still got binned. 

Pembo has won 1 game in three, so ******* what.

i actually don't care anymore, this season has been spoilt beyond repair, I have no interest in speculation, guessing games, it's been a complete waste of time and energy so far. 

I'm going to try and enjoy some away days they tend to be more fun than the misery, moaning and self loathing you get at the gate.

Much as I hope something happens in the next few days, the "delay" is a bit of a myth.  We're not taking a particularly long time to appoint.  Yet.

I posted this on another thread but here is a list of every club in the Championship that has changed their manager at the end of last season and how long it took them to appoint a manager:

Charlton took 2 and a half months to replace Guy Luzon

Fulham took 47 days to replace Chris Coleman

QPR took 30 days to replace Chris Ramsey.

Sheffield Wednesday took 18 days to replace Stuart Gray

Brentford took 17 days to replace Mark Warburton* (technically they knew he was leaving for months and I don't know when the appointment was made)

Reading took 13 days to replace Steve Clarke

It's currently 12 days since we sacked Cotterill

Rotherham took 11 days to replace Steve Evans

Derby took 6 days to replace McClaren

Blackburn took 5 days to replace Gary Bowyer

Huddersfield took a day to replace Chris Powell

Leeds replaced Neil Redfearn with immediate effect

It's fair to guess that Leeds, Huddersfield, Blackburn and Derby already had someone in mind (and probably lined up and broadly agreed).  We obviously didn't.  That might be a mistake but, in that context, the twelve days we've taken so far isn't a particularly long time.  Obviously it's dreadful timing with the closure of the transfer window but not a particularly long time.  I don't think we can read much into a delay that doesn't really exist. 

25 minutes ago, cynic said:

Been done twice before and failed.

They are taking their time as they said they would.

I hope this is the case, need to show some ambition and intent, everyone needs a lift and Pembo does none of the above I am afraid.

7 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Much as I hope something happens in the next few days, the "delay" is a bit of a myth.  We're not taking a particularly long time to appoint.  Yet.

I posted this on another thread but here is a list of every club in the Championship that has changed their manager at the end of last season and how long it took them to appoint a manager:

Charlton took 2 and a half months to replace Guy Luzon

Fulham took 47 days to replace Chris Coleman

QPR took 30 days to replace Chris Ramsey.

Sheffield Wednesday took 18 days to replace Stuart Gray

Brentford took 17 days to replace Mark Warburton* (technically they knew he was leaving for months and I don't know when the appointment was made)

Reading took 13 days to replace Steve Clarke

It's currently 12 days since we sacked Cotterill

Rotherham took 11 days to replace Steve Evans

Derby took 6 days to replace McClaren

Blackburn took 5 days to replace Gary Bowyer

Huddersfield took a day to replace Chris Powell

Leeds replaced Neil Redfearn with immediate effect

It's fair to guess that Leeds, Huddersfield, Blackburn and Derby already had someone in mind (and probably lined up and broadly agreed).  We obviously didn't.  That might be a mistake but, in that context, the twelve days we've taken so far isn't a particularly long time.  Obviously it's dreadful timing with the closure of the transfer window but not a particularly long time.  I don't think we can read much into a delay that doesn't really exist. 

Very impressive detail, cheers for that, LB.  12 days does seem like a luxury in our position though - and if we are replacing Pemberton, I think it's fair to say that it won't be before the weekend - so our tally could well be up to 17 or 18 days before we see the new man.

This still leads me to believe it will be Pemberton.  I reckon we can grab another unexpected home win against Birmingham, especially with Gladwin and Pearce being fully integrated into the 1st team squad.

4 minutes ago, LoyalRed said:

I have a feeling that there will be a new manager in situ by Wednesday / Thursday this week 

I can almost guarantee now that you'll be spot on, a new manager will be named tomorrow, and I'll look a right mug... unless of course the new guy is Scott Murray.

Then you can call me God.

I think the complete opposite, if they wanted Pemberton it would have been confirmed already, we all know time is ticking for saving the season and transfers, so makes no sense to hold out for Birmingham game to see how Pemberton does, I think they are whittling down candidates and taking their time to get the right one simple as that

transfer deadline on Monday so if we wait until after Saturdays result we will end up paying inflated prices for s"it players only looking for big money,

what a way to run a football club !!!!  

so we will probably end up with a shit manager appointed by the board and back in league 1

Never mind we might come straight back up as champions :fingerscrossed: -  good money in that !! maybe that's the way the board are thinking so maybe Pemberton is the way forward or down  

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

No. I think the delay is due to the fact that we ain't got a ******* clue.

Archived