IGNORED

Charlton Away Tickets

Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, thatcham red said:

One of the best spontaneous away atmospheres that I've been part of. I was POTD after a mate's funeral (he would have wanted me to go....). The end just kept filling up. We were loud and obnoxious, just as it should be.

All 2,000+ on a winter Tuesday night would agree with that I think including the red flare thrower and tree dancer (not the same person).

I recall the FA Cup game back in the 90's (I think) when Alan Curbishley described Ashton Gate the most intimidating ground he'd ever been to.

Must be something about us and Charlton, trains from TM next week doing a brisk business I hear.

On 1/28/2016 at 17:45, archie andrews said:

more than 2000 up there.....i'd estimate 3500 minimum plus the geezer up the massive tree outside watching

I was there

3500 haha. Now you sound like a Rovers fan 

I don't think it was even 2K. Sure it was just under....if it was over 2k, it was only just. Great night though.

On 28 January 2016 at 11:28, petehinton said:

Anybody know how painful the drive through London to get there is? Or is worth parking the car around Hounslow way and getting a tube? Maps is saying through Hammersmith which I'm scared will be a rammed on a Saturday afternoon..

Steer clear of driving through Central London ever. I live down towards Charlton and now driving back from Ashton Gate I go M4-M25 anti clockwise towards Dartford and back in on A2. An extra 30 mile detour but at an hour it's normally a fixed time rather than the unpredictable time warp you can get into driving in central London. Can lose an hour in Earls Court or Peckham alone.

37 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

3500 haha. Now you sound like a Rovers fan 

I don't think it was even 2K. Sure it was just under....if it was over 2k, it was only just. Great night though.

Official site says just under 2k. The following two videos completely disprove that. 

May have been the odd empty seat but there would have been overcrowding in rows (considering everyone was standing) and probably groups stood on the steps. So there was effectively 3k there.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

All 2,000+ on a winter Tuesday night would agree with that I think including the red flare thrower and tree dancer (not the same person).

I recall the FA Cup game back in the 90's (I think) when Alan Curbishley described Ashton Gate the most intimidating ground he'd ever been to.

Must be something about us and Charlton, trains from TM next week doing a brisk business I hear.

Beer induced Friday night ramblings, but................

Wasn't this after we beat Liverpool & we thought we were going to walk the Cup? Loads of complaints about our minimal allocaton at the Valley. 

Anyway it seemed to set up Charlton as not one of our favourite clubs.

2 hours ago, Olé said:

Got a few down drinking.  in New Cros s then getting 177. Assume Millwall  not at home?

No they are away at walsall Which im sure will make for a lovley day

As a side note Anyone know the last time we were in london for a saturday Fixtue

2 hours ago, City1984 said:

As a side note Anyone know the last time we were in london for a saturday Fixtue

It was Charlton on the final day of the 2012-13 season (4-1 loss, Bobby Reid scored). However, that was a 12.45 kick off.

I believe our last Saturday 3pm game in London was on the 22nd of January 2011, a 0-0 draw at Palace. Unless you count Watford as London, in which case it was a 2-2 draw on the 22nd of September 2012.

We've had a run of Tuesday night games there - Millwall, Palace, West Ham and Leyton Orient - so it has certainly been a while.

13 hours ago, Olé said:

Steer clear of driving through Central London ever. I live down towards Charlton and now driving back from Ashton Gate I go M4-M25 anti clockwise towards Dartford and back in on A2. An extra 30 mile detour but at an hour it's normally a fixed time rather than the unpredictable time warp you can get into driving in central London. Can lose an hour in Earls Court or Peckham alone.

Thanks mate. I used to live in Hammersmith so know how painful it can be! I will take your detour advice.  

Archived