IGNORED

Every man and his dog could tell you.....

Thatwasclose

14 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

It makes me laugh that people are blaming him for our misfortune. He needs better service in order to actually have the chances to miss. 

He wasn't blaming Kodjia for our misfortune, he was suggesting Kodjia isn't as effective in this formation as a lone striker. I agree with that.

6 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

He wasn't blaming Kodjia for our misfortune, he was suggesting Kodjia isn't as effective in this formation as a lone striker. I agree with that.

No I wasn't saying that at all, I also agree with him. I should've made it clearer, apologies.

35 minutes ago, Thatwasclose said:

Kodjia is not a lone striker. He can't really play that well with his back to goal.

He is our best player and the formation gets close to 0.5% out of him. If you are going to start with one upfront it has to be Wilbraham.

He did that against WBA at home and he was non existent 

10 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

You're saying Kodjia's finishing this season hasn't been, at best, up and down.

The guys got 10 goals in a bottom 3 side. I think people are vastly underestimating his ability and overestimating other players out there. He's missed some chances totally agree but has certainly created quite a lot for himself and the team and without his goals we'd be bottom. 

Several times today the midfield played balls into wide space for JK to use his pace and drag a couple defenders out there but when he got the ball he had to wait , no one in box,.....Freeman , great ball right across the area , no one there ....

Crying out for two upfront....However,  we seem to be making a form of progress with the one and the 5 in the middle are helping that so I guess we persist as is..

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

We created enough today. Finishing let us down today imo.

Famous last words by SC I believe and indeed on the match report on official site; barely 2 days left now to bring in what everyone new we wanted at the beginning of the window.......A PROVEN GOALSCORER this may involve some money being spent to get someone to commit to us for a few years.

On 1/30/2016 at 18:59, Shtanley said:

The guys got 10 goals in a bottom 3 side. I think people are vastly underestimating his ability and overestimating other players out there. He's missed some chances totally agree but has certainly created quite a lot for himself and the team and without his goals we'd be bottom. 

I'm not saying he's not been one of our best players, but his finishing does often leave a lot to be desired. It's certainly not his best attribute.

21 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

I'm not saying he's not been one of our best players, but his finishing does often leave a lot to be desired. It's certainly not his best attribute.

Agree and he's going through a barren patch as all but a few  strikers do in any season otherwise he'd be on the way to 35 goals and we'd be mid table. I believe he will come good again and soon. 

Codger is not the finished article yet and has found the Championship far more physical than in the French league. 

IMO he's still lightweight but hopefully he'll beef up and become more able to cope with the physicality over the season. 

The other factor is the fact that he's played against all the other clubs and now the "new" element has been found out. 

23 hours ago, glos old boy said:

Famous last words by SC I believe and indeed on the match report on official site; barely 2 days left now to bring in what everyone new we wanted at the beginning of the window.......A PROVEN GOALSCORER this may involve some money being spent to get someone to commit to us for a few years.

Does this mean WTTJ is to be sacked after his next press conference?

I'd like to see this as our front four.

New striker 

Freeman      Tomlin         Kodjia

I think Kodjia would suit a wide right attacking role, and he could interchange with Freeman to keep the opposition on their toes! 

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Codger is not the finished article yet and has found the Championship far more physical than in the French league. 

IMO he's still lightweight but hopefully he'll beef up and become more able to cope with the physicality over the season. 

The other factor is the fact that he's played against all the other clubs and now the "new" element has been found out. 

Who?

On 1/30/2016 at 18:11, Shtanley said:

It makes me laugh that people are blaming him for our misfortune. He needs better service in order to actually have the chances to miss. 

He's right though , he can't play with his back to goal. It's not his fault he's just not that type of player. He likes to run from deep.

On 30 January 2016 at 19:00, Red Army 87 said:

Didn't he play that role for Angers?

Yes, but that is still a world apart from coming up against Robinson et al who can deal with him with his back to goal and balls played to his head all day long. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't believe he's good enough.

He's 26, so no kid and has had the best part of the season to bed in. Instead his contribution is deteriorating. The move to get the French scout to come and baby sit is a bad sign.  He'll be gone is the summer whatever division we're in and I, for one, won't miss him.

I know this is swimming against the tide on this forum, but I'm far from alone in this view. 

6 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I just don't believe he's good enough.

He's 26, so no kid and has had the best part of the season to bed in. Instead his contribution is deteriorating. The move to get the French scout to come and baby sit is a bad sign.  He'll be gone is the summer whatever division we're in and I, for one, won't miss him.

I know this is swimming against the tide on this forum, but I'm far from alone in this view. 

These thoughts have begun creeping in since before christmas for me.

Archived