IGNORED

Pack

CITYAREREDANDWHITE

2 minutes ago, ojjy said:

First of I'm no Pack fan, bit today he was fantastic.. He was my MoM.  

He has set the standard let's hope we see more of this Marlon!

Agreed, I'm enjoying being wrong about Pack. He must have been aware of the criticism he was getting earlier in the season , so it takes some character to respond in the way he has. Credit due.

4 minutes ago, yardy said:

Good player, always gives 100%, never hides and strong in the middle of the park...

Drives me nuts seeing all the fans use him as a scapegoat, get behind the lad!

Am  not sure about the scapegoat bit. Our midfield has been poor all season and he is part of it. Him and Freeman are part of the reason we are where we are and I dont think the Pack under Cotts would have got in the starting 11 of any other Championship team.

EDIT

He was class today though and I loved the Cruyff turn.

Worked hard all season and I think he's getting better each game. 

Not every pass pays off, and he can take an age to get the ball away but he's improving. 

The run from our box to their corner was class taking pressure away as the clock ran down. Should he have given the ball as he ran out of steam? Probably...

Think he doesn't deserve some of the criticism he gets however shows character to shrug it off.

14 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

Am  not sure about the scapegoat bit. Our midfield has been poor all season and he is part of it. Him and Freeman are part of the reason we are where we are and I dont think the Pack under Cotts would have got in the starting 11 of any other Championship team.

its a game of opinions but i don't think there's many teams he wouldnt get into on his day

19 minutes ago, twodogs said:

its a game of opinions but i don't think there's many teams he wouldnt get into on his day

You say "on his day" but football at this level is about consistency. Now a couple of really good games is not consistent. 

Another fantastic game, him and Smith are both excellent if we can find a third central midfielder for the rest of the/next season we would be a very strong side. I love Reid but someone like Dack would be ideal. 

Also I thought Pack's 80 yard run was hilarous, a wonderful bit of determination from him.

I must be seeing a different player. As far as I can see he consistently bottles every 50-50 challenge, rarely tackles, offers very little offensively - taking the pace and impetus out of attack after attack and doesn't add much defensively.

What has he ever done (one stunning shot aside) that has looked even remotely classy?

IMO he is a Div 1 squad player at best. 

3 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

I must be seeing a different player. As far as I can see he consistently bottles every 50-50 challenge, rarely tackles, offers very little offensively - taking the pace and impetus out of attack after attack and doesn't add much defensively.

What has he ever done (one stunning shot aside) that has looked even remotely classy?

I think you're watching a different player

What exactly did he do today aside from one run and looking full of energy?

I just cannot see what he contributes.  It isn't goals, isn't assists, isn't crunching tackles, he doesn't dictate play, isn't particularly creative.

I just can't see what he brings to the party at all. 

Any divison requires consistency  and for me he was last season and has been this. However his game imo has been affected by others around him who clearly have'nt been on their game.
If nothing else his workrate and effort have never been wanting and I find it odd that he gets singled out 

2 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

I just cannot see what he contributes.  It isn't goals, isn't assists, isn't crunching tackles, he doesn't dictate play, isn't particularly creative.

He dictates play he wins headers he does make a lot of tackles interceptions some great switches had a large proportion of our shots. I think he's been magnificent recently.

5 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

its not fifa 15. He does he simple stuff by bringing others in to the play who can do what you suggest and disrupting the opposition for me he does a thankless task but does it bloody well.

11 minutes ago, Burt_ said:

You're right, you are seeing a different player.

Try judging him on what he actually does rather than what you think before the game even starts.

Really getting a partnership going with smithy at this level now, ......Rennie & Shelton anybody?............. It will get even better once we start having a final product from their industry, nothing makes midfielders relax and create more than seeing the forwards finish off the moves they started,.....

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

starYou're right, you are seeing a different player.

Try judging him on what he actually does rather than what you think before the game even starts.

I am judging him on what he actually does! 

The problem is, aside from lots of running, I really cannot see what he brings to the team.

1 minute ago, Burt_ said:

The problem is, aside from lots of running, I really cannot see what he brings to the team.

Then there is point in debating with you as you don't have a clue about what is going on on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Burt_ said:

I think you need to watch a different sport then , Pack was outstanding today , and however he plays he never stops trying , always wants the ball , wins most headers and never lets his head drop , id pick him every week without fail .

Archived