IGNORED

Dragon's Den

The Dolman Pragmatist

7 minutes ago, Night84 said:

Did you see the pint he poured himself - it was a 1/3 head. This will go so wrong.

Perhaps he should have pitched for a dispenser that gives head  - that would be a winner!

Just watched the D Den program on iPlayer ... blimey, BS according to the guy has got orders in for his system... pffft looks like another 'pour' decision to me.

Even if the system worked like clockwork and there's no pre-pay issues... I'm not sure I'd be too keen on following dozens of other people of varying degrees of personal hygiene to pour my beer, -theres loads of sloppy pissers in the bogs and loads who emerge from the cubicles after a turn out who we've all seen walking straight out without washing their hands, plus a myriad of nose-pickers etc, not to mention the coughers and sneezers who'd be handling the beer pour machine handles etc and spluttering their flu bugs all over it.. 

The options in the YouTube vids above interest me more, systems that are already up and running around the world have been around a while and appear significantly faster than say half a dozen of the Dragons Den self servers...

Can't believe bloody Lee Johnson has signed us up to these things (gotta be down to him surely?) everything else that's gone tits up in recent years at the Gate has been or usually has been his bloody fault. ;)

5 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

-theres loads of sloppy pissers in the bogs and loads who emerge from the cubicles after a turn out who we've all seen walking straight out without washing their hands, plus a myriad of nose-pickers etc, not to mention the coughers and sneezers 

Have you been following me?

Stalker.

6 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

Just watched the D Den program on iPlayer ... blimey, BS according to the guy has got orders in for his system... pffft looks like another 'pour' decision to me.

Even if the system worked like clockwork and there's no pre-pay issues... I'm not sure I'd be too keen on following dozens of other people of varying degrees of personal hygiene to pour my beer, -theres loads of sloppy pissers in the bogs and loads who emerge from the cubicles after a turn out who we've all seen walking straight out without washing their hands, plus a myriad of nose-pickers etc, not to mention the coughers and sneezers who'd be handling the beer pour machine handles etc and spluttering their flu bugs all over it.. 

The options in the YouTube vids above interest me more, systems that are already up and running around the world have been around a while and appear significantly faster than say half a dozen of the Dragons Den self servers...

Can't believe bloody Lee Johnson has signed us up to these things (gotta be down to him surely?) everything else that's gone tits up in recent years at the Gate has been or usually has been his bloody fault. ;)

Maybe more suited to the hand washing well to do rugby watching fraternity instead.............

I also watched this and saw nothing but potential problems too

Seemed to be absolute bobbins.

Beer poured was hardly convincing, you'd wager that the under 18s will soon get access to a fob and will get leathered, the barrels will run out and you'll spend hours trying to find the one who can change it and then weeks trying to get a credit on your fob because it only gave you a half before stopping.

Would imagine the amount of attention it will need it would be cheaper and more profitable to have a staffed pop up bar.

Me and my mate did see a self serve bar parked up at the far end of the concourse in the South Stand ,possibly first or second game of the season . It wasnt operational and we havent seen it since ,so maybe it was an idea but never put to use . It didnt look anything like the one on Dragons Den though .Only knew it was self serve because it was written on the front panel of the unit .

1 hour ago, cheshire_red said:

This is in a few places in Ireland already. 

However alcohol vending machines are illegal in the UK.

They get around this by having customers pre paying onto a fob, which means it's technically not a vending machine. This adds another level of complexity as you've got to get a fob and load money onto it before you use the machine. This might be ok for someone who goes to every home match, but not worth the effort for casual use. 

1 hour ago, Mr Roper said:

Me and my mate did see a self serve bar parked up at the far end of the concourse in the South Stand ,possibly first or second game of the season . It wasnt operational and we havent seen it since ,so maybe it was an idea but never put to use . It didnt look anything like the one on Dragons Den though .Only knew it was self serve because it was written on the front panel of the unit .

It was in the sports bar earlier on in the season and worked well. However the following match I was told it had broken and they were waiting for a replacement (and they are still waiting)! I have a fob that I bought with £13 still on it. Have been told that I can use it over the bar if I wanted to

18 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Isn't it only for use in hospitality areas at AG? Wouldn't work in the concourses but can see it working in the lounges.

If you're paying a premium for hospitality the  I don't imagine you'll be the sort who wants to get a plastic fob charged up and then be pouring your own beer.

Would they not likely expect some Bristol Sport lacky to bring you a pint on a silver tray?

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Isn't it only for use in hospitality areas at AG? Wouldn't work in the concourses but can see it working in the lounges.

....that would make sense, maybe thats what BS have  planned.

Putting a trial one in the matchday officials changing room backfired badly vs Brum though ;)

(whacking one in the away dressing room might be an idea though!)

Can't help but feel that the long term solution would be to lobby for a law change where beer can be drunk in our seats and the club to then provide pitchers (like in the rugby) or to have mobile staff who can deliver food/drink - similar to what they do in a baseball game.

Archived