IGNORED

IT'S HAPPENING

Shtanley

3 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

I apologise if I caused offence, but I personally wouldn't say someone is 'supporting' anything (regardless of their length of service) if they're "finished with the club" because they disagree with the choice of manager. LJ isn't my first choice either, but he's by no means the worst candidate mentioned

In my book respect is not earned by length of service, it's earned by words and deeds. Chucking the teddies out the cot like an 8 year old child is not words or deeds that command my respect I'm afraid

But duly noted that you don't agree with my farewell message to the guy

Plenty 'finished with the club' upon SC's appointment.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Ok Steve Cotterill, if given sufficient backing under a competent board member in Ashton. Or Steve Clarke.

Cotterill shot himself in the foot by sticking with the same formation, trying to get targets out of reach, and totally disregarding our academy. 

If Cott's showed a change in formation, signed a realistic player, or put an academy player on the bench when we were short, I'd agree. 

Clarke's record doesn't scream wonders, didn't do well at all in his second season at West Brom. 

3 minutes ago, Gazred said:

I learnt my lesson with SC. Maybe not who we were all expecting but you have to give whoever comes in a fair crack at it - you never know what can happen.

The truly staggering thing is more aren't thinking like you. 

Probably 99% of the posters spouting misinformed or preconceived drivel about LJ were vocally opposed to Cotts. 

You'd think after that roller coaster people would give someone a chance and not write them off before even arriving. 

Alas, we can dream. 

14 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Give the bloke a chance ffs!!!!

i for one am happy and will back him 100%

While not wise to pre judge the conclusion of 'talks' is it the same people here jumping up and down as jumped up and down when SC was appointed? :fear:  Only time will tell.  It is what it is, get over it.  And i would suspect the back room staff will remain and pillars in place still.  

O.......M........G...........

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Please God. I'll be good from now on. DO NOT let this happen.

:pray:

Uncle TFR

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

So we sack Cotts for Lee Johnson..... :blink::blink::blink:

We sacked Cotts because we were sleepwalking to relegation and a change was needed. If you're under any illusions about that, I suggest you look at his last ten league games and do the maths. 

Look at goals conceded vs scored and points per game. We were doomed under Cotterill and with his refusal to consider changing the system and then picking fights with supporters, he made his position utterly untenable.  

LJ just happens to be the next person in the hot seat. Cotts wasn't sacked 'for LJ' 

Underwhelmed to say the least, the smarmy Mr Ashton told the world that people would be surprised at the applicants, well you can say that again mate and now we can fully understand it and not in a good way.

I wouldn't be overjoyed had the job gone to Pemberton and Elliott but feeling better than if LJ get's the job.

After the lofty ambitions of the premiership in SL's speech when SC was fired, we get this, not ambition IMO just one big cheap experiment.

I have nothing against LJ and really hope he makes a success of things, so if he does get the job the best of luck because by **** you are going to need it.

3 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

O.......M........G...........

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Please God. I'll be good from now on. DO NOT let this happen.

:pray:

Uncle TFR

Out of interest how vocally supportive were you when Cotterill was named?

6 minutes ago, Selred said:

Cotterill shot himself in the foot by sticking with the same formation, trying to get targets out of reach, and totally disregarding our academy. 

If Cott's showed a change in formation, signed a realistic player, or put an academy player on the bench when we were short, I'd agree. 

Clarke's record doesn't scream wonders, didn't do well at all in his second season at West Brom. 

Changing to a more secure 4-3-3 has seen us score once in the last four games, despite being able to sign some decent players.

Steve Clarke's 'poor record' was In the Premier League! He was 9th when he got the chop from Reading, they're now 16th.

What did we really expect?

Any of the names originally bandied about? Bit like the supposed ambition when we were supposed to be making £9M bids earlier in the season.

Realism is needed. We're 3rd off the bottom of the Championship. For most of the season results have been dire.

Some players have improved of late. Some are still woeful. We've brought in some better players since Cotterill had his rant and was shown the door.

Hardly an attractive proposition is it? David Moyes coming? Laughable.

Little Lee would be a fantastic appointment. He couldn't do any worse than Cotterill and many others. And he might just be an inspirational choice.

Get him in :shifty:

I’m really not fussed who the next manager is, what division we play in or where we play, Ive been through the ups and downs and I will follow Bristol City regardless. Its all part of the beautiful game just enjoy the ride which ever direction it takes us.

There are far worst things going on in this world to get upset about.

2 minutes ago, supercidered said:

I get what you are saying, I really do. My opinion is that, I just can't see why the hell the board or whoever or collectively we have come up with LJ as the best option. It really beggars belief. He has done the sum total of nothing. Future, maybe but present, it borders on lunacy.

The thing is we don't have access to all available information.  If I was making an appointment in any line of work, there are a number of factors I'd consider.  Briefly they might be:

1. Past experience

2. How they come across in the application

3. How they come across in an interview.

4. How well they come across to anyone they speak to outside the organisation.

5. How well they understand the challenges the organisation.

6. How well they understand the culture of the organisation and would it in with other staff, the people they're managing and the people who are managing them. 

7. What ideas or plans they have for the future of the organisation.

All of these and more are important in recruiting the right person and, generally speaking, appointing someone on experience alone and ignoring the other six factors can lead to very bad decisions whilst sometimes the first point matters less because they do  well on points two to seven and you very see what they could bring to the role.

As fans we only have experience of point one.  We know the managers' past experience but we don't really know anything about points two to seven. Therefore we judge the club without really having the full picture.  This might be a bad decision or it might be one where the club have very strong reasons we don't have access to. 

6 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

What did we really expect?

Any of the names originally bandied about? Bit like the supposed ambition when we were supposed to be making £9M bids earlier in the season.

Realism is needed. We're 3rd off the bottom of the Championship. For most of the season results have been dire.

Some players have improved of late. Some are still woeful. We've brought in some better players since Cotterill had his rant and was shown the door.

Hardly an attractive proposition is it? David Moyes coming? Laughable.

Little Lee would be a fantastic appointment. He couldn't do any worse than Cotterill and many others. And he might just be an inspirational choice.

Get him in :shifty:

I really expected more than an untried League 1 Manager to fight our corner in a relegation fight

Obviously, with the majority of managers getting sacked at some point in their career, we need to create some sort of OTIB 'rule' when, after LJ leads us to the Premier and then Europe, but the following season we finish 10th and he gets sacked, people aren't allowed to say 'I said he was shit when we appointed him'.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Out of interest how vocally supportive were you when Cotterill was named?

I can't remember - I think I was 'lets wait and see how he does'.

For a more in depth reply, I invite you to look back through the last two years worth of threads.

In the meantime ..........

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Uncle TFR

5 minutes ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

I can't remember - I think I was 'lets wait and see how he does'.

For a more in depth reply, I invite you to look back through the last two years worth of threads.

In the meantime ..........

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Uncle TFR

At least you must be pleased we didn't appoint Warnock now???

Archived